HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Nov 13, 2012, 07:36 PM
Registered User
JWinNewPhila's Avatar
United States, OH, New Philadelphia
Joined Jul 2012
148 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill View Post
Your Mini Pet Order #1. Going to the post office this AM. Unless the post office says the shipping costs are off, it will be on it's way.
I must say I am extremely pleased with the service from you guys so far!

I had payment confirmation and a shipping notice within 2 hours of ordering! And on top of that you refunded me back the difference in shipping once you found out what it was. Keep up the good work and I'm sure you'll have plenty of happy "RETURNING" customers!

Only thing that I noticed was while looking at my cart it said "Free Shipping" which is a little mis-leading. I didn't find out what shipping was until I had already went through the PayPal process. Besides that the transaction went very smoothly!

Great job so far guys! I'll be buying from you again!
JWinNewPhila is offline Find More Posts by JWinNewPhila
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 13, 2012, 07:59 PM
MassiveOverkill's Avatar
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
5,436 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWinNewPhila View Post
I must say I am extremely pleased with the service from you guys so far!

I had payment confirmation and a shipping notice within 2 hours of ordering! And on top of that you refunded me back the difference in shipping once you found out what it was. Keep up the good work and I'm sure you'll have plenty of happy "RETURNING" customers!

Only thing that I noticed was while looking at my cart it said "Free Shipping" which is a little mis-leading. I didn't find out what shipping was until I had already went through the PayPal process. Besides that the transaction went very smoothly!

Great job so far guys! I'll be buying from you again!
Thanks JW. Shipping the Mini Pet is the easiest to do since it's a flat rate Express box and not much has to be calculated. I apologize for the free shipping thing. I'm trying to debug it but it could be due to either the USPS API or the fact that multiple items were orderd, that would normally get First Class Mail, which USPS doesn't have a realtime online quote for, so it gets replaced by 'Free'.

BTW the stock lipo is in our Mini Pet and the 2 Turnigy's are in the TX battery compartment with the polarity already corrected.
MassiveOverkill is offline Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 13, 2012, 09:12 PM
Team WarpSquad
Daryoon's Avatar
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,623 Posts
From what I understand, Express is pretty expensive. Priority ships fast and at reasonable rates. They got flat rate boxes for Priority too.

Wonder if UPS rates are comparable for those large item. Their tracking system is a lot more reliable. Save USPS for the smaller stuff?

Something to look into. Also, you'll want to set it up so you can create the shipper from your home. Saves on time spent at the post office. Plus, I think you get a discount too when printing online?

I think PayPal has some type of shipping label type integration. Something to think about later.
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 09:24 PM
Registered User
JWinNewPhila's Avatar
United States, OH, New Philadelphia
Joined Jul 2012
148 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill View Post

BTW the stock lipo is in our Mini Pet and the 2 Turnigy's are in the TX battery compartment with the polarity already corrected.
Right on! Thanks again for some real service here in the states!
JWinNewPhila is offline Find More Posts by JWinNewPhila
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 10:03 PM
MassiveOverkill's Avatar
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
5,436 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
From what I understand, Express is pretty expensive. Priority ships fast and at reasonable rates. They got flat rate boxes for Priority too.

Wonder if UPS rates are comparable for those large item. Their tracking system is a lot more reliable. Save USPS for the smaller stuff?

Something to look into. Also, you'll want to set it up so you can create the shipper from your home. Saves on time spent at the post office. Plus, I think you get a discount too when printing online?

I think PayPal has some type of shipping label type integration. Something to think about later.
The medium flat rate priority is how it was shipped, at 10 bucks, it's pretty good.
I did the online printing, but wanted to confirm at the post office there wasn't going to be any problems with the lipos, which I was assured would be fine as they are too small to pose a threat.

I actually did print that one via PayPal shipping. I'll need to spend some more time on the shipping modules, but some of the prices aren't always available online so you still have to go down to the post office, which is OK, because it's less than a mile away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWinNewPhila View Post
Right on! Thanks again for some real service here in the states!
MassiveOverkill is offline Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 13, 2012, 10:33 PM
Registered User
gwrivest's Avatar
Canada, QC, Malartic
Joined Sep 2010
381 Posts
Hey Massive, please don't use UPS for packages going to Canada because once it gets to the border it is taken over by another courier company (usually Purolator) that will charge us ridiculous amounts for brokerage fees and it only gets collected once the parcels are delivered. It may be more convenient for you (or not, I don't know) but it always ends up costing the Canadian customer so much that some may think that it's you who is ripping them off. I have seen some good deals from some online American stores but if they only ship through UPS I know to stay away from them. I once ordered a used notebook for $200 and had to pay $50 shipping and over a hundred dollars in brokerage fees and taxes, etc. I've gotten burned too many times.

Gerard.
gwrivest is offline Find More Posts by gwrivest
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 10:43 PM
MassiveOverkill's Avatar
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
5,436 Posts
We were hoping to offer the customer their pick, but USPS seem to be working the best right now.
MassiveOverkill is offline Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 13, 2012, 10:59 PM
Sir Crashalot
stonecutter's Avatar
Joined Oct 2011
2,276 Posts
MO, if I read you right, shipping the mini pet(plus what ever else can fit in the box) is $10 anywhere in the US? So one can get the mini pet plus two turnigy's for $70 shipped? Is that right?
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2012, 06:24 AM
MassiveOverkill's Avatar
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
5,436 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
MO, if I read you right, shipping the mini pet(plus what ever else can fit in the box) is $10 anywhere in the US? So one can get the mini pet plus two turnigy's for $70 shipped? Is that right?
Hey Stone, shipping was $10.85, so I refunded you the difference, so the total was $70.85
MassiveOverkill is offline Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 14, 2012, 12:50 PM
MassiveOverkill's Avatar
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
5,436 Posts
Guys the Turnigy's just arrived at my doorstep. Stone, if you wanted more than the two you ordered, please let me know.
MassiveOverkill is offline Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 14, 2012, 12:51 PM
Sir Crashalot
stonecutter's Avatar
Joined Oct 2011
2,276 Posts
My experience with MassiveRC so far

I ordered something last night after business hours. This morning got email confirmation that order was shipped, postage corrected and overage refunded. This is an awesome first impression.
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2012, 12:54 PM
Sir Crashalot
stonecutter's Avatar
Joined Oct 2011
2,276 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill View Post
Guys the Turnigy's just arrived at my doorstep. Stone, if you wanted more than the two you ordered, please let me know.
MO, I think the two I ordered will hold me over for now, I still have a bunch of the 35C's on hand. Thanks.
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2012, 12:56 PM
MassiveOverkill's Avatar
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
5,436 Posts
OK, just wanted to make sure before I drop it off. Thanks.
MassiveOverkill is offline Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 14, 2012, 02:23 PM
Doink-not again :)...aka Greg
Makdaddy's Avatar
United States, MI, Sterling Heights
Joined Jul 2012
1,351 Posts
Massive - we all good to go with ordering then?
Makdaddy is offline Find More Posts by Makdaddy
Last edited by Makdaddy; Nov 14, 2012 at 07:12 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2012, 03:41 PM
MassiveOverkill's Avatar
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
5,436 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makdaddy View Post
Massive - we all all go to go with ordering then?
Yes, the only problem is that the software charges you higher shipping. I just go in, and print the label and refund the difference. We may just start doing Priority medium box for the Mini Pets and then for accesories, use the Priority small ball box, which is $5. Most are ordering multiple items anyways with the accessories. We'll play it by ear and see if $5 for accesories is too steep for some that may want the $1-3 First Class mail option.

Some bad news: Our supplier informed us that they misquoted the blade prices, so our next order they won't be as cheap. When the 500 remaining pairs are gone we'll have to adjust the price per pair, which will still be cheaper than other Mini Pet blades sold out there, but not the cheapest blades overall (which I think belongs to the UDI, but the UDI blades are smaller) You're looking at .75 a pair instead of .50 once this batch is gone.
MassiveOverkill is offline Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
Site Sponsor
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Getting married ? Obama wants your money realtimerecon Life, The Universe, and Politics 29 Jun 24, 2012 04:04 PM
Discussion Higher HEalth Care Taxes If You Are Married Real Ira Life, The Universe, and Politics 18 Jan 10, 2010 11:04 AM
Those of you who are married NewbieX Life, The Universe, and Politics 27 Jul 15, 2003 09:47 PM
Gonna get married: advise/warning wanted!! RookieOne Life, The Universe, and Politics 32 Apr 25, 2002 12:24 PM
Getting Married.....see you all in a few weeks !!! Alan W Life, The Universe, and Politics 25 Jun 11, 2001 05:13 PM