HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 29, 2011, 03:09 PM
kentucky
Joined May 2009
399 Posts
same problem

My servos chattered a few seconds after stick movement also. I called tower hobbies. He said watch them and if further problems contact them. I recharged the batt. powered up, tried sticks again. On 3rd movement, rudder servo died. Called Tower hobbies. Sent me a return label. I'm not getting another 1. Servo failure before its ever flown.
ccowboyearl is offline Find More Posts by ccowboyearl
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 29, 2011, 05:14 PM
Bye Bye VP Aug 2010 - Aug 2012
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jan 2005
6,006 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccowboyearl View Post
My servos chattered a few seconds after stick movement also. I called tower hobbies. He said watch them and if further problems contact them. I recharged the batt. powered up, tried sticks again. On 3rd movement, rudder servo died. Called Tower hobbies. Sent me a return label. I'm not getting another 1. Servo failure before its ever flown.
Which can happen to any model.
Gerry__ is offline Find More Posts by Gerry__
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Foamie Resurrection
Old Sep 30, 2011, 05:09 AM
Balsa Builder. With some foam.
Eastern Norway Scandinavia
Joined Dec 2009
1,095 Posts
There must be a weakness with those servos. I had the similar problem with the Sky Surfer from Nine Eagles. In the end they shattered so much that they caused crashes.
I got a new servo from the vendor. Same problem, so I returned the model and got my money back. The N.E. I fly now, have not yet showed any sign of trouble. Cross my fingers, because it's a very nice flyer the N.E. Sky Surfer. (Sky Cruisers bigger brother )
ArneHu is offline Find More Posts by ArneHu
Old Sep 30, 2011, 12:22 PM
roadawg27
United States, OH, Canton
Joined Aug 2011
37 Posts
Anyone know where I can get another pcb? Has failed yet but from the looks of things it prob will.
Roadawg27 is offline Find More Posts by Roadawg27
Old Sep 30, 2011, 08:13 PM
Joined Sep 2011
3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadawg27 View Post
Anyone know where I can get another pcb? Has failed yet but from the looks of things it prob will.
i got mine from clubheli
yclee is offline Find More Posts by yclee
Old Sep 30, 2011, 09:42 PM
BGR
Foam Junkie
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined Dec 2003
1,656 Posts
Well lets see, Its a beginner plane but out of the box the CG was way off and the OP had to fiddle it into flying. Tech support does'nt think that small planes need a CG. The fuse is glued lengthwise and splits easy. The servos chatter and fail before the plane has its maiden and one guy thinks the brick is close to death.

This thread is still small.... how we doin so far?
BGR is offline Find More Posts by BGR
Old Sep 30, 2011, 11:25 PM
roadawg27
Joined Aug 2011
37 Posts
the cg isnt off if the battery is placed properly, and the only reason i believe my brick is close to death has to due with the numerous crashes ive had as part of my learning experience, but ive learned from those mistakes and once repaired will keep this lil plane in my hangar as long as i can keep it flying
Old Oct 01, 2011, 02:04 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jan 2005
6,006 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGR View Post
Well lets see, Its a beginner plane but out of the box the CG was way off and the OP had to fiddle it into flying. Tech support does'nt think that small planes need a CG. The fuse is glued lengthwise and splits easy. The servos chatter and fail before the plane has its maiden and one guy thinks the brick is close to death.

This thread is still small.... how we doin so far?
What foam plane doesn't have its fuse glued together length ways? And what's wrong with doing it that way? Fuse has only been reported as splitting after dawn dart-ting.

I think one person so far has had servo failure before flight. Mine works fine.

How are you doing so far?
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 01, 2011, 07:40 AM
Dr. Dave
USA
Joined Nov 2005
1,319 Posts
Mine works too - The fuselage does not split on its own. You have to hit the ground first. Now who's fault it that? CG can be off, but not by the manufacturer, but rather the end user. I agree more should have been provided on CG. This is a great beginner plane. Hard to tear it up off grass. Warranties cover these problems and I know Tower will replace it if it is bad. Local hobby shop as well.

How am I doing?
78dave is offline Find More Posts by 78dave
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 01, 2011, 11:43 AM
Balsa Builder. With some foam.
Eastern Norway Scandinavia
Joined Dec 2009
1,095 Posts
My Club got one of these from a member, as a model to try for newcomers. It's a good first timer. And not difficult to keep in the air. After a short instruction you can fly it, and since it's so cheap there are few nerves involved.
ArneHu is offline Find More Posts by ArneHu
Old Oct 01, 2011, 11:52 PM
BGR
Foam Junkie
Joined Dec 2003
1,656 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry__ View Post
What foam plane doesn't have its fuse glued together length ways? And what's wrong with doing it that way? Fuse has only been reported as splitting after dawn dart-ting.

I think one person so far has had servo failure before flight. Mine works fine.

How are you doing so far?
LOL im doin ok. Yea most of these type of planes are glued length wise but the battery is not placed in such a way as to act like a wood splitter axe. It was just the way that this thread as short as it is progressed that struck me as odd.
Old Oct 03, 2011, 05:45 AM
New Zealand, Canterbury, Rolleston
Joined Oct 2011
1,120 Posts
Firstly the split fuselage. If it was good enough for the best aircraft designed during WWII, surely it is good enough for Nine Eagles to use the same technique. As a kid I had the good fortune a number of times to sit in the cockpit of a Mosquito and "fly" it on raids over Germany.

That Nine Eagles quality control isn't the best is true by some of the complains voiced. My own experience, an Xtra 300 where the controller sticks were left/right for elevators, up/down for rudder and the ailerons on the same stick as the throttle all in mode 2. Mode 1 was equally wrong too. The only solution I could find was to cut the Tx printed circuit tracks in 3 places and fit 3 wire loops. Fortunate that electronics was my game.

I use a Nine Eagles Sky Eagle (like a Cessna) as a trainer. Yes, propellers will knock off. However it does not always save the motor shaft from getting bent. They can be straightened. The Xtra 300 has had both wings broken off. Instant glue works wonders. An aileron hinge failed. I used Mylar (overhead transparency material) to make new hinges. If you have some you think is too thin, it isn't. Cut a slit in the trailing edge of the wing and leading edge of the aileron. Fit and glue 3 pieces into the wing. Fit the aileron on to the Mylar sticking out of the wing and glue as the last push-on is made. Similar methods can be used to fix any of the other hinges. Just don't make the pieces too long (along the hinge line). Little 3-4 mm wide pieces should be quite enough otherwise they will be too stiff.

Spares (batteries, receivers, wings, etc.) all available from suppliers in China at fairly reasonable prices.

Are they toys? Of course they are, same as a Ferrari is too. Are they a cheap way of getting some flying skills? Yes. Break them, fix them.
Mac50L is offline Find More Posts by Mac50L
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Motor cover and mount retention
Old Oct 03, 2011, 02:56 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jan 2005
6,006 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGR View Post
LOL im doin ok. Yea most of these type of planes are glued length wise but the battery is not placed in such a way as to act like a wood splitter axe. It was just the way that this thread as short as it is progressed that struck me as odd.
This is good design. The foam is dissipating energy which would otherwise be absorbed by the battery. Foam is easy to fix, while damaged lipos have to be replaced and are dangerous.

I said all this in my earlier post that you clearly didn't bother to read. Anyway, your evaluation is wrong.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 06, 2011, 12:41 AM
BGR
Foam Junkie
Joined Dec 2003
1,656 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry__ View Post
I said all this in my earlier post that you clearly didn't bother to read. Anyway, your evaluation is wrong.
Old Oct 10, 2011, 04:40 PM
roadawg27
Joined Aug 2011
37 Posts
Update: the prob I was having with my rudder wasn't a glitch at all...just a minor binding issue in the fuse...fixed that and now she flies like a beauty...can even manage slow loops,tight fast loops, and what I call the death spiral....havin a blast with this thing...can't wait til I'm ready to move up to a 4 channel bird!