HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 12, 2011, 11:29 AM
Joined Nov 2010
929 Posts
Discussion
Heli Alive in Singapore

I'm not sure who else reads this regional forum for helis but here's a shout to ping my presence and perhaps to share locally.

Anyone else from Singapore alive here?
nese is offline Find More Posts by nese
to remove ads between posts
Old May 12, 2011, 11:30 AM
Joined Nov 2010
929 Posts
At least people who are active in this forum?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
APPENDIX A: Guidelines on our Social Comms (updated 5 Nov 12)

Hi Guys, one year on we've grown a bit so I'm using the #2 post here to put a few guidelines for our comms here and on our mobile chats to keep things pleasant and social:

'BASICS' ON WATSAPP
- The intention of the 'Basics' thread on watsapp is a neutral entry point for all new people who have met us at least once to coordinate future meets with the more seniour/regular flyers.
- It's also intended for the more senior members in the group to encourage and perhaps provide some simple help or basic advice in between fun fly meets to those really just starting out in the hobby.
- Thereafter people are always free to join the more senior threads or spread out to other personal/groups as they get to know about them.

BASIC ETIQUETTE (in our threads - here and mobile)
- We're all passionate persons, but please avoid and discourage the use of profanities.
- Try to participate once in a while in the active threads such as those on watsapp that you are subscribed to indicate your existence and keep things social.
- Please also start separate threads with the concerned parties to (a) kick off more focused/private interests, (b) settle miscommunications or disagreements

COMMERCIAL INTERESTS
- Our little group as a whole is a social group and persons with direct commercial interests are welcome as well but should identify themselves to maintain a certain degree of perspective in our interactions to keep things dignified.

We'll see how this goes for now and I'll update/improve this when the time arises. Till then let's get along and keep flying for fun
Last edited by nese; Nov 04, 2012 at 09:14 PM. Reason: Add Appendix
Old May 24, 2011, 11:43 AM
Joined May 2011
5 Posts
RE: ToysRC88

Hi All,

If you're interested in simple, affordable yet hassle-free Heli-fun, please take some time to visit us at:
www.toysrc88.blogspot.com

You can also catch & add us on FaceBook at:
toysrc88@gmail.com

Apart from Helis, we also bring in a small range of 1/28 scale cars & 1/16 scale buggies.

Please visit us for updates on new & upcoming products. You can also e-mail us with your "wish list" (helicopter models you wish us to bring in). If there are sufficient requests for that model, we will definitely make the call.

It's not just about cost savings, but at ToysRC, we also carry a selection of spares.

So, hope to see you there!

Cheers All!
ToysRC - "make fun"!
toysrc is offline Find More Posts by toysrc
Old May 24, 2011, 06:57 PM
Joined Nov 2010
929 Posts
Thanks for your post but the price cannot compare with online. E.g I bought my S032 for under SGD50 shipped but saw you were taking pre-orders for SGD80... Think you have to do way better pricewise to compete unless there is some value that can be justified for more than a 60% premium...
Old Oct 21, 2011, 05:15 AM
Joined Oct 2011
7 Posts
sad to say, but this forum does not have any audience...

everyone is in the main pages...
cpt_chico is offline Find More Posts by cpt_chico
Old Nov 10, 2011, 01:35 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Oct 2011
847 Posts
It seems quiet here...I'm from sg too
OnceAFly is offline Find More Posts by OnceAFly
Old Nov 10, 2011, 01:57 AM
Joined Nov 2010
929 Posts
Good to know OnceAFly.

I'm not sure of the demographics of heli flyers here in Singapore. Some are really experienced, some are not. Some are in it for the macho, some are not. Some know where they want to go with flying, some just want to fly for fun. Some have the budget some do not. It doesn't really matter as long we one flies and wants to share, grow, maybe show off a little skill or craftmanship. It's after all just a hobby and it's nice to know people in the same hobby.

Any interest to arrange a small get together in SGP to just see what clicks with heli flyers here?
Old Nov 10, 2011, 02:00 AM
Joined Nov 2010
929 Posts
Somebody once put here that the state of things here to be said was 'sad'. I don't think that's quite the spirit though.

With just a small gathering of noobs (or perhaps some other really experienced guys) starting off we could perhaps change this to 'glad'... we'll keep this going to see how long it takes.
Old Nov 10, 2011, 09:16 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Oct 2011
847 Posts
Hi nese, i think it because of there isn't a link from main page to this page that why not many ppl posting here or maybe just due to lack of flyer in sg...i just found this link on yahoo search didn't even notice since then, i'm already chating on this forum for some times now lol.
Old Nov 10, 2011, 09:38 AM
Joined Nov 2010
929 Posts
Yah, same here. I have this idea to organize something someday (someday may come one day ) to build a local community of sorts. But we'll see - depends on everyone's work/school/etc schedules...

Let me know if you want in and I'll chime you if/when the time comes
Old Nov 10, 2011, 08:02 PM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Oct 2011
847 Posts
Ya sure dude! count me in but i have to let you know i just started this hobby sept and currently flying genius cp to start with and eventually want to build a 450. So I'm a beginner if you don't mind what about you?
Old Nov 10, 2011, 09:22 PM
Joined Nov 2010
929 Posts
Great that makes 2 of us now

No worries about whatever experience status we're at - it's our interest group, not a superiority flight club . We like flying helis. That should be it. Maybe we'll use a slogan somewhere along those lines, all other preferences, prejudices, etc aside.

Btw, this ol' fart just started 11 months before you but I took the long step by step route of 3ch coax - 4ch coax - FP - CP. I fly whatever I can get my hands on but have not yet flown planes, except on a simulator. Dunno, but for RC I kinda more into helis. Maybe one day I'll buy a plane but I can't quite see that happening too soon. If you can fly a genius you should be able to fly other CPs ok.

I'm into my 2nd budget 450 build just for fun of flying something and to see how little I could build one for and still into flying, crashing and fixing them. Part of the fun as it takes time to understand how these things work, and I'm still fascinated.

I'll draw up some kind of framework to get things organized and we'll see what we can start and grow from here
Old Nov 11, 2011, 12:50 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Oct 2011
847 Posts
Agree with you, I like tinkering around that why sooner or later I will build one 450 size with lowest cost posible due to still a beginner, no point having a good heli that 100% crash it...just like the process of building it and undersatand how it works hehe I am looking at maybe a copter x 450 may be a cheap buy.
Old Nov 12, 2011, 02:22 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Aug 2011
35 Posts
count me in too!! hahaha

im newbie too...

done with trex100, gonna get 450 size at december.
currently im gonna practicing around neighborhood (of course far from the crowd) and
http://www.daddyhobby.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66658

i post something on local forum. but i think all the members are pro fliers, not sure though.

btw im from Toa Payoh.

cheers!
jo3natan is offline Find More Posts by jo3natan
Old Nov 12, 2011, 02:44 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Oct 2011
847 Posts
Oh good! Welcome to the club lol Wow 450 size need a place to fly them...