HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 13, 2013, 07:06 PM
Joined Apr 2011
104 Posts
Discussion
Eagle Eyes Power Supply

I recently upgraded my Eagle Eyes tracker to include new video receivers and Servo City servos. The Servo City servos are coupled with their linkage and gearing. I defiantly like the new servos.

However, I noticed a problem with video distortion with the big servos move. It appears the current demand for the new servos was causing the existing eagle eyes power supply to dip when the servos demanded power to move. I connected a 3s battery directly to the eagle eyes and video issue solved.

My questions:
1 Has anyone used a direct connect power supply battery for the eagle eyes using a 4s, which is what all my batteries are, except for one. The circuit board call for 7 - 14 volts?
2 What is a good source for a power supply that would run these large servos without causing power dips? I am currently using a 2 amp adjustable supply from Readymaderc.

I really do like the servo city servos. They are great for positioning large helical antennas.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hector
texasdrifters is online now Find More Posts by texasdrifters
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 13, 2013, 09:31 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,409 Posts
A fully charged 4S is 16.80V

I wouldn't do it.

I use two 3S LiPo's on my ground station.

I power the EE with one,

and I power everything else with another one.

Give EE its' own 3S LiPo, and it should be fine.

-Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasdrifters View Post
I recently upgraded my Eagle Eyes tracker to include new video receivers and Servo City servos. The Servo City servos are coupled with their linkage and gearing. I defiantly like the new servos.

However, I noticed a problem with video distortion with the big servos move. It appears the current demand for the new servos was causing the existing eagle eyes power supply to dip when the servos demanded power to move. I connected a 3s battery directly to the eagle eyes and video issue solved.

My questions:
1 Has anyone used a direct connect power supply battery for the eagle eyes using a 4s, which is what all my batteries are, except for one. The circuit board call for 7 - 14 volts?
2 What is a good source for a power supply that would run these large servos without causing power dips? I am currently using a 2 amp adjustable supply from Readymaderc.

I really do like the servo city servos. They are great for positioning large helical antennas.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hector
m_beeson is offline Find More Posts by m_beeson