HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 06, 2012, 11:20 AM
EUrope
Joined Apr 2008
839 Posts
New Product
USCG Island class and German coast guard SYLT

Two newest hulls, and two new projects, 1:25 scale-140 cm ong USCG Island class and German 1:25Coast guard Sylt. Hulls are mde of epoxy fiberglass.I just finished my Drumbeat of Devon, and Trent class will be done soon, so I need something new ;-) Here is it
DDG 51 is offline Find More Posts by DDG 51
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 11, 2012, 01:07 PM
life is a beach
thessaloniki-greece
Joined Sep 2008
553 Posts
enjoy your new model building....
nice model collection under your work bench...and around it...

Bill
fvasileios is offline Find More Posts by fvasileios
Old Nov 11, 2012, 04:12 PM
life is a beach
thessaloniki-greece
Joined Sep 2008
553 Posts
Something else I forgot...
After I finished graupner's multijet boat I'm planning my next model and i'm really in love with uscg island class...

Do you or someone else know where i can find any plans or a kit?
Thanks a lot...
Bill...
Old Nov 11, 2012, 04:16 PM
EUrope
Joined Apr 2008
839 Posts
I can supply epoxy fiberglass hull, drawings for Island class in 3 sizes ;-)
Protector class hull, deck and drawings, if interested. Nobody is making kit
Old Nov 13, 2012, 02:28 AM
EUrope
Joined Apr 2008
839 Posts
I mean I can supply fiberglass hull for Island class in 3 sizes. I have 75 cm long, 100 cm long and 140 cm long.
Protector class is in the 1:25 scale only, included fiberglass molded deck
Old Dec 02, 2012, 06:43 AM
EUrope
Joined Apr 2008
839 Posts
Yesterday I installed all mechanical parts to both hulls. For SYlt is ready moulded fiberglass deck, for Island class isdeck made of fiberglass sheet.
Old Dec 02, 2012, 11:42 AM
Portland Oregon
Joined Aug 2006
4,862 Posts
HEY DDG This is your old Rustbucket . I am still around but no longer building .:-((.
YOUR as bad as I was in building I would be half way done with a ship and all ready have ideas and plans for another one. BUT Health and room problems finely made me stop but I still love them. I still have my personal fleet. YOUR fleet is looking good . I am like you have ships all over my shop. BY The way Do I see a Montana in the back grown that your working on . IF so I did one from a 1.350 MOE and did rc it . SO any way Just wanted to say hi for I know we use to talk about ships and builds.. I may no longer be building but when ever I see a buddy I try to say hi . O I have move onto 16th rc tanks . Still a little on them but not much . HEY I cant leave building and the rc world compleatly have a good week and keep on building. SOME one has to take over from whear I left off. STill Don the Portland Rustbucket . KEEP UP the GOOD WORK
Rustbucket is offline Find More Posts by Rustbucket
Old Dec 02, 2012, 04:55 PM
EUrope
Joined Apr 2008
839 Posts
Hi Don, I am glad to read you here, and I wish to you best,hopefuly your health will be soon much better and you will return to build something beutifull and what will make you happy.
Yes, I am still building a lot, but world situation is bad, nobody knows, what is waiting for us tomorrow. I am traveling to work 3000 kilometers, so I have not so much time for ships as years ago, but still I do my best. Ships and subs are everywhere ;-)
Old Dec 03, 2012, 05:46 PM
Portland Oregon
Joined Aug 2006
4,862 Posts
HELLO DDG As for my health if I stay away from all of chimicals I do ok. MY coughing has stop . I am feeling much better. Since i broke away from building last Aug of last year..
As for going back ?? that is what I can say I still love the ships and still have my personal fleet , I would love to go back but I know what would happen if I did;-((

Well in one way with what your saying you can or maybe get some good pictues of the navys. BUT I do understand on what your saying I just pray nothing gets out of hand. I do agree on what your saying in one way it would be kind of scarry like you say you just dont know . I wish you luck. and lets hope things just stay com. YES I still keep an eye on the ship boards.

I cant leave compleaty I still have to come back and give you all a bad time and try to help with the years I was building and try to some one from getting into the problems I had . IF I can keep just one person out what took many years to learn it is well worth my time OK talk to ya soon
DON THE STILL THE Portland Rustbucket. YOU know me I allways have a project going on some whear just cant stop building or modeling I would go nuts .;-))
Old Dec 04, 2012, 02:59 PM
life is a beach
thessaloniki-greece
Joined Sep 2008
553 Posts
keep up this nice building DDG....

I'm watching this thread.....

Bill......
Old Dec 04, 2012, 11:15 PM
Portland Oregon
Joined Aug 2006
4,862 Posts
For you DDG new world of RC

OK HERE is my new world just posted these for you . THE M 88 is hand built from the chassic up and bome dose go back and forth by hand and the M 42 duster. Was built on the same chassic a lepard chassic and scale like the M88 tank retriver. These are 124 scale and the turret goes all the way around on the duster.

So I have keap my skills and just went to something new . With these I am no longer dealing with the hard stuff I use to deal with you know what I am saying . I have also join a group called Norpack a NW tank group and it has been and I have been to a few shows all ready and places that I would not normaly go untill I got with the group. So it is intresting and I am learning about a new RC world.

So enjoy and I will check back with ya on your new build keep up the good work. thanks o ya the abrams is stock out of the box did not do much with this except added the 50 and driver cast them like I use to do with the ships see I can still build ;-))) DON THE Portland Rustbucket
Last edited by Rustbucket; Jan 03, 2014 at 02:02 PM.
Old Dec 09, 2012, 04:26 PM
EUrope
Joined Apr 2008
839 Posts
Finaly today is installed deck on Island class.Opening for superstructure will be cutted out once epoxy will be dry.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 05:54 PM
EUrope
Joined Apr 2008
839 Posts
Deck on Island class is finaly installed, peing is cutted out.. Two big outrunners was picked up as powerplant for this ship
Old Dec 11, 2012, 04:07 AM
Portland Oregon
Joined Aug 2006
4,862 Posts
HEY DDG IF tell me how your going to make those 2 brushless motors set up. So far I have not heard of any one setting up dual brushless motor with out a problme of some kind . So you can teach this old Ship buider something. new. ?
Brush sets up were all a walk in the park for me. Even when it came to 4 motors like what I have set up in my Wisky. OK talk to ya soon. DON Still the Portland Rustbucket.