SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 27, 2012, 09:34 PM
Suspended Account
United States, VA, Ashburn
Joined Apr 2012
2,784 Posts
Discussion
Ember 2 vs. Night Vapor???

Can anyone tell me what the main differences between the two are, which flies better, and which should I get? Thanks. I am loving my sukhoi, but I want something I can fly in my backyard.

Cullen
RCAddict16 is offline Find More Posts by RCAddict16
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 27, 2012, 09:40 PM
Joined Sep 2010
4,060 Posts
The night vapor is slower and more geared toward indoor. The ember won't stand much breeze, but more than the vapor for sure.
bobly is offline Find More Posts by bobly
Old Aug 27, 2012, 09:56 PM
Lusby, MD 20657
Joined Mar 2001
502 Posts
They both work great in my back yard. I fly the Night Vapor late at night while the dog is doing his buisness. With any breeze the Vapor gets knocked around. The Ember can handle a little more. The Ember is faster.
pdansalvish is offline Find More Posts by pdansalvish
Old Aug 27, 2012, 10:40 PM
United States, IA, Sidney
Joined May 2012
179 Posts
I prefer my NV to the Ember because of the flight envelope you have, day or night, and on full rates it will turn on a dime. I use Hyp. 160s with mine.
tyme4me is offline Find More Posts by tyme4me
Old Aug 27, 2012, 10:49 PM
If it spins, wear it.
Northern Nevada
Joined Jan 2011
2,260 Posts
I fly most of my planes on mildly windy days, the Night Vapor is NOT one of them . Great plane for the yard as long as it is dead calm. Doesn't take much to really blow a NV away. Depending on your normal wind conditions and yard, the Ember might be better if you have a fairly large yard. My yard is very small and suits the NV as long as its wind-less. The lights are a real plus and make near total darkness flight low stress. From video I've seen of the Ember, it is quite a bit faster than my Night Vapor.
whirlcap is offline Find More Posts by whirlcap
Old Aug 27, 2012, 11:11 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
2,784 Posts
My yard is a bit less than a half acre, but there are two trees each right smack dab in the middle 1/3 and 2/3's of. the way through the yard. Could the ember fly there?
Old Aug 28, 2012, 03:16 AM
I am GBLynden
United States, WA, Lynden
Joined Mar 2011
3,235 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAddict16 View Post
My yard is a bit less than a half acre, but there are two trees each right smack dab in the middle 1/3 and 2/3's of. the way through the yard. Could the ember fly there?
Trees and planes don't mix. I personally would cut them down.
GBLynden is offline Find More Posts by GBLynden
Old Aug 28, 2012, 08:47 AM
RC Logger Support
United States, WV, Hurricane
Joined Jan 2010
3,324 Posts
Haha. Now that's commitment. I'm not so sure cutting down large trees is really worth it just fly around a $50 plane.
jlcamp7 is online now Find More Posts by jlcamp7
Old Aug 28, 2012, 10:02 AM
If it spins, wear it.
Northern Nevada
Joined Jan 2011
2,260 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAddict16 View Post
Sounds very flyable to me. I fly my NV around the trees in my very small yard
whirlcap is offline Find More Posts by whirlcap
Old Aug 29, 2012, 07:54 AM
Joined Sep 2010
4,060 Posts
The NV will fly in the average living room or family room, a couple of trees in a half acre shouldn't hurt. But NO wind allowed, that will leave a mark.
bobly is offline Find More Posts by bobly
Old Aug 29, 2012, 05:56 PM
Joined Mar 2010
1,337 Posts
The area required for ANY plane, is a function of the pilots ability, within certain limits... When I fist flew my NV I NEEDED lots of room. I now fly in my garage and it's EASY..

I also have an Ember II and the NV is much slower and NEEDS much less room ...
rtbates is offline Find More Posts by rtbates
Old Aug 29, 2012, 09:08 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
2,784 Posts
Haha I don't have to worry about. I fly my um sukhoi and 32" crack yak in my yard. Its just not relaxing to be dodging objects constantly haha.