HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 01, 2003, 11:20 PM
T-A-F-K-A crash_out
United States, TN, Jackson
Joined Jan 2003
559 Posts
Cheap aerial photography

Here's some pics of my ultra cheap Slow Stick camera mount.

This is a stock GWS Slow Stick, CS-09 Cirrus servos, airtronics slimline receiver, and a 7 cell 800 mah pack. It's dreadfully nose heavy, but still flys well. I'm going to move the servos farther back to rectify the center of gravity problem.

Nick
Nick King is offline Find More Posts by Nick King
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 01, 2003, 11:23 PM
T-A-F-K-A crash_out
Joined Jan 2003
559 Posts
oops. Here's pics. 3 rubber bands wrapped around the fuse right behind the motor, with a CS-09 servo epoxied onto the camera.

Nick
Old Aug 01, 2003, 11:26 PM
T-A-F-K-A crash_out
Joined Jan 2003
559 Posts
the camera was a $7.88 Polaroid 35 mm camera from Wal-mart.

Nick
Old Aug 02, 2003, 05:29 AM
Outside of Dyer, Tn. USA
Joined May 2000
7,135 Posts
Nick were you going to just use the servos to correct your CG or both servos ans battery??
Don
Don Sims is offline Find More Posts by Don Sims
Old Aug 02, 2003, 09:28 AM
T-A-F-K-A crash_out
Joined Jan 2003
559 Posts
I'll probably move both the receiver, servos, and battery back a little bit. The camera weighed in at about 6 ounces, and all that on the nose has made the cg about 1.5 inches ahead of the reccomended cg. I was suprised it flew at all, but it took off after about 10 feet of rollout, and flew very level and stable with a little trim.
I normally use my 2/3a 8 cell pack to fly it, but the cg was nearly 2 inches forward. If i can move the controls back far enough, I want to use that pack again because of the extra voltage and capacity.

Will be doing this here in a few minutes, and testing at the field later today. Right after that I'll get the film developed and scan a few of the best pics in.

Nick