HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 21, 2012, 11:20 PM
Huckfest or bust!
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Mar 2007
8,057 Posts
Sbec is switch mode bec or switching bec.
The internal circuitry is far more efficient than the standard linear bec found in most escs.

A switch mode bec can handle more input voltage versuse the older linear designs. This is why you find that a linear bec equipped esc requires you to pull the red wire when using more than 3 lipo cells..essentially disabling the internal bec because a linear would have to convert too much of the input voltage into heat and burn up.

A sbec circuit switches on and off very fast and doesn't have to convert unused power into heat.

You will see sbec equipped esc's and external standalone sbec's usually have e servo wire wrapped around a ceramic torroidal coil to filter out the hi frequency generated by the sbec circuitry. If you fly 2.4ghz..the coil is not necessary but it is for those who use fm still
cryhavoc38 is offline Find More Posts by cryhavoc38
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 23, 2012, 10:36 PM
RVA
United States, CA, Long Beach
Joined Jan 2011
114 Posts
ANSWER: Automatic Landing Function

AHHH! I FOUND IT!

Turns out the problem was entirely within my tx. DX7 has a feature called Automatic Landing Function within the flaps. When activated, it is intended to coordinate flaps with throttle. Mine was set to "0%", which I mistakenly assumed was = to "INH" NOT! It all makes sense now. "0%" percent essentially meant the system was active but programmed to make no movement when throttle was activated. Now, switched to "INH", the flaps work as intended. Details on page of 58 of the DX7 Manual found online.

BTW, I diagnosed this by going to the tx's servo indicator screen. The transmitter's screen showed the same behavior as plane - Active flaps w/no throttle, no flaps w/throttle, which meant it had to be the tx.

Very glad the problem has been solved. Thanks Everyone!
RVA is offline Find More Posts by RVA