sweet
beatlejohn is offline Find More Posts by beatlejohn
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 12, 2011, 11:36 AM
Skilled crasher
Ukraine, Kyiv city, Kiev
Joined Oct 2010
81 Posts
It is interesting if the protocols of communication between radio module PCB and main board of TX are same in old TX and this new one. Maybe someone can check?
What for - for having 1 TX with two modules inside.)
sashaNar is offline Find More Posts by sashaNar
Old Jun 13, 2011, 12:49 PM
Different fly 4 different guy
Canada, BC, Salmon Arm
Joined Jan 2011
1,892 Posts
More pics here:

http://www.hitecrcd.co.jp/RC/nine_ea...opro/index.htm

And here is a google translated version:

http://translate.google.com/translat...ex.htm&act=url

Placed my pre-order for a yellow 328 at Clubheli. Should compliment my yellow Solo Pro quite nicely. Also the larger 328 should be easier for my old eyes to maintain orientation at a greater distance.
gordonzo is offline Find More Posts by gordonzo
Last edited by gordonzo; Jun 13, 2011 at 12:55 PM. Reason: Added translation
Old Jun 13, 2011, 09:29 PM
2011 - Year of the clones!!!
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Nov 2010
2,759 Posts
I like this photo, shows them all together:

Frank_fjs is offline Find More Posts by Frank_fjs
Old Jun 14, 2011, 12:08 AM
Different fly 4 different guy
Canada, BC, Salmon Arm
Joined Jan 2011
1,892 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_fjs View Post
I like this photo, shows them all together:

That's a good shot. I already have the Solo Pro, and my Solo Pro 328 is on (pre)order from Clubheli. That 228 looks very interesting but when you see them side by side it looks pretty big!

I will probably keep flying the Solo Pro(s) to hone my skills for the Solo Pro 100D.
gordonzo is offline Find More Posts by gordonzo
Old Jun 14, 2011, 12:38 AM
Can't get enough
United States, WA, Puyallup
Joined May 2010
2,274 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonzo View Post
More pics here:

http://www.hitecrcd.co.jp/RC/nine_ea...opro/index.htm

And here is a google translated version:

http://translate.google.com/translat...ex.htm&act=url

Placed my pre-order for a yellow 328 at Clubheli. Should compliment my yellow Solo Pro quite nicely. Also the larger 328 should be easier for my old eyes to maintain orientation at a greater distance.
Looks like a 120SR clone. I would get one if I had extra money. I love the way I can fly my 120SR, and would like a brother or cousin? lol
jabsten is online now Find More Posts by jabsten
Old Jun 17, 2011, 07:30 AM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Nov 2010
2,759 Posts
New video of the 328 (fighting some wind):

NineEagles Solo Pro 328 フライト動画 (2 min 1 sec)
Old Jun 17, 2011, 02:48 PM
ClubHeli.com
Allentown, PA
Joined Mar 2009
424 Posts
That's about the max this heli can take. If you keep the 328A in a good right hand banking turn, it can fight it off. Other than that, you're dead in the wind. But it's certainly respectful considering it's weight.

I have been flying at 8 minutes consistently now across the 3 batteries I have. My longest flight so far was 9:18 when the battery decided to quit. It looks like if you start picking a landing spot at 8 minutes, you should have great battery life.

There are a couple things I'm not crazy about so far. The first is the canopy. I haven't cracked it yet, but it sure seems like I'm going to. It's the same material as the 260A, but since it's bigger, it feels flimsier.
The battery design is pretty good, but the "pull flap" to remove it from the holder is at the top, and has gotten caught in between the main gear and pinion which you can imagine doesn't have the greatest of results.
Servo extent (in stock transmitter settings) could be better also. I would like to see just a bit more forward and back throw, but I can understand why they limited where it's at. I haven't had a boom or canopy strike since I've had the heli. I'm going to start messing with the TX settings to see what adjustments can be made.

Now the good things. Durability is excellent. Today I flew it into a tree at full throttle and only lost a tail blade (which I found, and wasn't broken). There is definitely a cutoff in the RX to prevent stripping the gears and ruining the motor. I've cut throttle at 10-15 feet and still haven't broken the skids. I haven't even popped a linkage yet, which was the first thing I thought would ground me. So I'm extremely happy with that aspect so far.
Stability is pretty obvious with this flybar configuration. But it self stabilizes very smoothly, instead of the abrupt nose up tendancy. It will still nose up, but it stabilizes more like a boat coming down from plane. Much smoother than I'm used to seeing.
The tail motor is pretty solid, but is very noisy. You can even hear it in the short video that was just uploaded. It seems to sound like its working much harder than it actually is. I've got close to 30 flights now, and it's holding up great.
Main motor power is not stunning, but certainly adequate. You have plenty of pull out power and head speed is good. After 8 minutes of flight, it's warm, but not burn your finger hot.

All in all, it's everything I was hoping it would be. It's certainly a solid backyard bird that enjoys being tossed around. Great job, NE!
Rick Hauler is offline Find More Posts by Rick Hauler
Old Jun 17, 2011, 02:53 PM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Nov 2010
2,759 Posts
Nice write up Rick. Perhaps (assuming the feature is present) you could adjust the endpoints of the servos to obtain more travel.

The canopy doesn't bother me, as I've yet to come across an indestructible canopy and they can usually be repaired easily or replaced cheaply.

Quote:
It's certainly a solid backyard bird that enjoys being tossed around.
Exactly what I want! I enjoy zipping the Solo Pro around in the backyard, but have always wished it was a little bigger so it was easier to see. The 328 sounds like the answer.
Old Jun 18, 2011, 02:01 PM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,679 Posts
Sounds promising. I haven't seriously considered getting a bigger than SP size heli, since most of the times I'm limited to indoor flying, but this does sound tempting. It seems like a very smooth heli, that at the same time likes to be tossed around. Flight times of 8 minutes also sounds nice.
SoloProFan is offline Find More Posts by SoloProFan
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 18, 2011, 02:31 PM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Nov 2010
2,759 Posts
Just a bit of speculation here, have a look at this pic:

See the unused holes in the main shaft, just above the flybar? Looks like an easy mod to alter the head to a 90 degree setup, perhaps not enough clearance from the main rotors though. Still, I wonder why they are there?
Old Jun 18, 2011, 03:04 PM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,679 Posts
Isn't that the holes to secure the head to the main shaft? With the screw inserted on the side we don't see?
SoloProFan is offline Find More Posts by SoloProFan
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 18, 2011, 03:06 PM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Nov 2010
2,759 Posts
Oh yeah, that would make sense. Oops!
Old Jun 19, 2011, 09:37 AM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Nov 2010
2,759 Posts
Hey Rick, If you have the time, could you tell us whether the 328 has the subtrim/EPA/gyro adjustments available like the Solo Pro does?
Old Jun 23, 2011, 07:09 AM
Joined Jan 2011
338 Posts
Another outdoor video:

ナインイーグル Solo Pro 328 (3 min 0 sec)
helicopcat is offline Find More Posts by helicopcat