SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 01, 2009, 02:42 PM
Jesus Freak
Southern CA
Joined Oct 2008
3,209 Posts
what is the shaft diameter on this? guru-z just came out with a cp head for $40.07 plus shipping and it has a 3mm shaft
AtTheCross is offline Find More Posts by AtTheCross
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 01, 2009, 07:03 PM
Chardon Ohio
Joined Dec 2008
156 Posts
I find it really interesting that Walkera came out with this heli right after the Honey bee 2 came out. It is the exact same size as the honey bee2. I think the Ufly would fly better without the tail motor that the honey bee has. As always Darryl nice flying.
composit is offline Find More Posts by composit
Old Dec 01, 2009, 07:36 PM
RC Helis: My Healthy Obsession
The OC, California
Joined Feb 2007
3,159 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by composit View Post
I find it really interesting that Walkera came out with this heli right after the Honey bee 2 came out. It is the exact same size as the honey bee2. I think the Ufly would fly better without the tail motor that the honey bee has. As always Darryl nice flying.
Thanks Dan. I personally have not flown a HBFP2 so I don't know how it compares. I do know one thing though, this heli flies great even in the wind. Even Manny (buildem336) had a blast with it today. Hard to find anything I do not like about this one.
dkfuji is offline Find More Posts by dkfuji
Old Dec 01, 2009, 07:50 PM
Toronto, Canada
Joined Jan 2005
2,358 Posts
wow super stable i like it. now lets see it dressed
trust416 is offline Find More Posts by trust416
Old Dec 01, 2009, 09:49 PM
Joined Jan 2008
679 Posts
This Walkera Ufly is definately a step up from the tail motor FP's (of the past - I think there days will soon be numbered).

It's good to see an out of the box production one, performing so smoothly, the sceptic in me always asserts itself a bit when 'factory videos' of products are released. The production items can sometimes fall a ways short of what the pre-production product performs like.
Merkava is offline Find More Posts by Merkava
Old Dec 02, 2009, 12:36 AM
The OC, California
Joined Feb 2007
3,159 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merkava View Post
This Walkera Ufly is definately a step up from the tail motor FP's (of the past - I think there days will soon be numbered).

It's good to see an out of the box production one, performing so smoothly, the sceptic in me always asserts itself a bit when 'factory videos' of products are released. The production items can sometimes fall a ways short of what the pre-production product performs like.
Definitely true on that. I never trust those factory vids anyway. Luckily, this heli actually does fly like the vid. The reason I flew it straight out the box was to show the guys here on RCG's that it does in fact fly rather well right out of the box. My mod'd Spektrumized HH gyro version is even better. Thinking about adding a bigger kv motor now to see if it makes a difference in performance.
Old Dec 02, 2009, 02:16 AM
Joined Feb 2008
675 Posts
[QUOTE=dkfuji;13718139]Definitely true on that. I never trust those factory vids anyway. Luckily, this heli actually does fly like the vid. The reason I flew it straight out the box was to show the guys here on RCG's that it does in fact fly rather well right out of the box. My mod'd Spektrumized HH gyro version is even better. Thinking about adding a bigger kv motor now to see if it makes a difference in performance.[/QUOTE

I will put the stock motor on the kv meter and get an actual reading. Don't trust the spec Walkera has on it. You know what I mean from Walkera pass history it can be way off.

Jonathan
WowHobbies.com
jonathan9113 is offline Find More Posts by jonathan9113
Old Dec 02, 2009, 02:51 AM
The OC, California
Joined Feb 2007
3,159 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan9113 View Post

I will put the stock motor on the kv meter and get an actual reading. Don't trust the spec Walkera has on it. You know what I mean from Walkera pass history it can be way off.

Jonathan
WowHobbies.com
Yeah no doubt. Wk 003: 10,000kv = 15,000kv & Wk 005: 11,000kv = 17,000kv??? So if the motor on the Ufly says 4,000kv, that should mean (in Walkera conversion) it is really 6,000kv LOL. Would love to know the actual kv amount so I have an idea of what motor would be a good upgrade for this heli.
Old Dec 02, 2009, 06:46 AM
"you'll play to live "
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Sep 2009
1,708 Posts
Using an WK-WS-26-005 ( from 1#A) BL motor will be fine .
Alwayscrash is offline Find More Posts by Alwayscrash
Old Dec 02, 2009, 07:14 AM
Joined Jan 2008
679 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkfuji View Post
Definitely true on that. I never trust those factory vids anyway. Luckily, this heli actually does fly like the vid. The reason I flew it straight out the box was to show the guys here on RCG's that it does in fact fly rather well right out of the box. My mod'd Spektrumized HH gyro version is even better. Thinking about adding a bigger kv motor now to see if it makes a difference in performance.
You've already 'Spekrumized' a Ufly? Man, you don't waste anytime. Anychance of some details and images on what you have done (conversion wise) and what equipment (gyro etc) you've used?
Old Dec 02, 2009, 11:38 AM
The OC, California
Joined Feb 2007
3,159 Posts
Quote:
You've already 'Spekrumized' a Ufly? Man, you don't waste anytime. Anychance of some details and images on what you have done (conversion wise) and what equipment (gyro etc) you've used?
There is no time to waste since I know this is the mod a lot of guys would like to see. I have installed an AR6100 Rx, MKS191 HH Gyro w/JR DS188 tail servo and the Align 15A ESC. It all works solid and the tail is much better than stock. Love the way she flies.
Old Dec 03, 2009, 02:48 AM
The OC, California
Joined Feb 2007
3,159 Posts
Measured the actual kv of the stock motor in this heli today. The sticker on the motor reads 4,000kv but the meter says 5,200kv. So, if you are going to change out the motor, you need to look at 5,200kv on 11t as the starting point. Again Walkera has us guessing on motor upgrades (ie, 4G3 and 4G6). If I had chosen a motor assuming the sticker was correct, I would have ended up with less power and performance than I started with. That would lead me to think that the Wk motor was better. Very sneaky Walkera. LOL.
Old Dec 03, 2009, 03:41 AM
Tucson,AZ
Joined Dec 2007
4,371 Posts
I'm going to try a 5300 KV Scorpion BL Motor On mine!
Should be Interesting.
-JohnW
johnIn2SonAZ is offline Find More Posts by johnIn2SonAZ
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 03, 2009, 10:25 AM
Joined Jan 2008
679 Posts
dkfuji - thanks for the "sprekrum Ufly" equipment rundown. It's just handy knowing sometimes what combintation(s) of gear are actually performing well. Not to mention, I just don't know if I 100% trust (have faith) in Walkera's electronics yet (but to be honest, I view it, always keeping in mind the price point it sells for in the market place).
Old Dec 03, 2009, 11:57 AM
The OC, California
Joined Feb 2007
3,159 Posts
Quote:
dkfuji - thanks for the "sprekrum Ufly" equipment rundown. It's just handy knowing sometimes what combintation(s) of gear are actually performing well. Not to mention, I just don't know if I 100% trust (have faith) in Walkera's electronics yet (but to be honest, I view it, always keeping in mind the price point it sells for in the market place).
You are welcome. Just flew her outside in a 5+mph breeze and it handled it no problem. I am really impressed with the performance so far. IMO, Walkera electronics have come a long way. Their 2.4gig, servo and gyro technology is very leading edge. As a matter of fact, it was rumored that JR wanted to buy their servo technology and Walkera turned them down. They must be doing something right. LOL.