Aug 05, 2010, 07:58 AM
St. Boondock
Thread OP
Cool

Pikes Peak 2010, Record Run!!

Whoa!!

Pikes Peak 2010 - Jeff Zwart In Car (12 min 4 sec)

That's one tough gearbox!
Aug 05, 2010, 08:10 AM
Great video, that is a cool race. It's amazing to see people lining the track like that. Wonder how many people have gone right over the edge?
Aug 05, 2010, 08:18 AM
St. Boondock
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by BE77 Pilot
Great video, that is a cool race. It's amazing to see people lining the track like that. Wonder how many people have gone right over the edge?
I've been there and have seen quite a few go over the edge. The worse one was a very modified Peterbuilt truck. I'll bet that thing is still there or was taken out in pieces. They have some catch fences in some places. Usually it's not so bad but some tumble very far. It can't be much worse than the Pro Rally crashes
Aug 05, 2010, 08:34 AM
Random Pic #23982
Now that is some good driving.
Aug 05, 2010, 01:01 PM
Suspended Account
That is one race I'd like to watch some time.

Impressive car! LOL

So I take it that gear box is only good for about one run?
Aug 05, 2010, 01:12 PM
St. Boondock
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metieval
That is one race I'd like to watch some time.

Impressive car! LOL

So I take it that gear box is only good for about one run?
They go like that for 24 hours at Daytona. I don't know how but they do I can hammer on my paddle shifters pretty hard in the Beemer but that's a different system. The Porsche has a much more mechanical crunch to it
Aug 05, 2010, 01:47 PM
Figure 9 Expert
That car was making sounds that no car should ever make!
Aug 05, 2010, 02:09 PM
TOO FAST TO RACE - audi quattro s1 pikes peak (2 min 36 sec)
Aug 05, 2010, 03:39 PM
soar-ne
I remember watching the race more than 20 years ago with my brother and 5 of our kids. We were on the outside of the big right hand sweeper at the 4:03 mark on the tape. We went home with a bunch of VHS tapes of the cars coming right at us and making the turn. Our wifes were PO-ed like you wouldnt believe after seeing the movies. All we heard was "you could wiped out the whole family" !!!! This was back when the Unser family dominated the race times. Mostly 2 wheel drive, Champ style cars with big howling V8's with their tails hanging out on every corner dirt tracking style. Thanks for bringing back the memory, but dont tell my wife!!!!!!!

Bob

Quick Reply