Old Apr 10, 2013, 01:08 PM
Find More Posts by BRUTUS2238
Huge member!
Pawtucket R.I.
Joined May 2008
480 Posts
New Product
Fms waco!

I received an email from Philip about a new FMS WACO 1100 mm version. Does anyone have any info on this? I couldn't find anything. Thanks. B
BRUTUS2238 is offline Find More Posts by BRUTUS2238
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 10, 2013, 01:45 PM
Find More Posts by Markbinim
United Kingdom, England, Leighton Buzzard
Joined Apr 2012
296 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRUTUS2238 View Post
I received an email from Philip about a new FMS WACO 1100 mm version. Does anyone have any info on this? I couldn't find anything. Thanks. B
same,got the email but cant find anything else on the web.
Markbinim is offline Find More Posts by Markbinim
Old Apr 11, 2013, 10:23 AM
Find More Posts by spaceinvader
Princess Anne, Md.
Joined Oct 2006
561 Posts
http://www.pw-rc.com/product_info.php/products_id/3152
spaceinvader is offline Find More Posts by spaceinvader
Old Apr 11, 2013, 10:25 AM
Find More Posts by spaceinvader
Princess Anne, Md.
Joined Oct 2006
561 Posts
according to someone in the dynam waco thread, motionrc will be getting this in 2 different colors in 3-4 weeks. curious to see.
spaceinvader is offline Find More Posts by spaceinvader
Old Apr 11, 2013, 05:33 PM
Find More Posts by wattman
Evansville Dress Reg., Indiana, United States
Joined Jun 2004
1,139 Posts
As well as the FMS PT-17 flys , I am ready for this beauty , and thank goodness its a new biplane .
wattman is offline Find More Posts by wattman
Old Apr 11, 2013, 06:34 PM
Find More Posts by BRUTUS2238
Huge member!
Pawtucket R.I.
Joined May 2008
480 Posts
I see it now,Its just the right size for the field I fly at these days. I wonder what color the second version will be?
BRUTUS2238 is offline Find More Posts by BRUTUS2238
Old Apr 12, 2013, 09:29 AM
Find More Posts by karltrek
Santa Cruz, CA
United States, CA, Santa Cruz
Joined Sep 2011
1,793 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRUTUS2238 View Post
I see it now,Its just the right size for the field I fly at these days. I wonder what color the second version will be?
The other color is a Red and White scheme. MotionRC said they should have them and parts in about 3 weeks.
karltrek is offline Find More Posts by karltrek
Old Jul 27, 2013, 03:04 PM
Find More Posts by westsideav
Osprey
Joined Jan 2013
353 Posts
I have one coming on Monday, yellow. From MotionRC. They shipped within hrs of my online order and called to check my shipping address, seems like a very good company.

I will be using an 8FGs TX and a R6106HFC RX, I really like the Futaba radios.

I am sure I will have pics and vids of it soon.

It will be a sweet addition to the currently flying fleet.
Visionaire, Beast, Albatross, SBach, Beaver, Catalina, P47, Spitfire, 25 Eflite Cub, Carbon Cub, Yak, 120SR, S800/Zenmuse, F550, F450, and a few more waiting for the "indoor season".

It will be my first FMS plane, I hope it will be a pleasant experience, the Waco looks fantastic and it is a great size. We will see if it proves to be as nice in hand.

If this proves to be a nice plane, I have my eye on the FMS 1400 P51.

So far Parkzone and E-flite are my favorite manufacturers, I just don't like spectrum radios, so I have retrofitted as many as I can to Futaba.
westsideav is offline Find More Posts by westsideav
Old Jul 27, 2013, 04:33 PM
Find More Posts by wattman
Evansville Dress Reg., Indiana, United States
Joined Jun 2004
1,139 Posts
Flight video by MotionRC
check it out
http://www.motionrc.com/rochobby-105...co-yellow-pnp/

wattman is offline Find More Posts by wattman
Old Jul 30, 2013, 01:55 PM
Osprey
Joined Jan 2013
353 Posts
Exciting Waco Maiden

This video has thrills and crashes!

First there was the MWVRCC plane magnet, our chain link fence. I have put 4 planes into it so far, one of them my P47 twice. The wind has a nasty habit of switching out of the north from the east, it knows when you are flaring. I should have seen it coming, I just did not have enough left rudder or aileron to counter.

OK so we proved she is tough and is attracted to chain link fences.

Actually the Waco flies very nicely, a little sluggish responding with 40-50% throttle but it is a bi plane with lots of drag, she will float a long way though, and at a very slow speed.

Watch the slowmo part of the video carefully you will see the prop come off and spin left to right across the screen, it was out of focus, but you still see it if you look. We heard it on the ground, but did not realize what happened. I circled back to land the wind switched to the north again so I decided to use the cross runway, I was descending the whole time setting up for base so I did not realize I had no prop, when I came in with power, I thought I lost radio contact, but it was just no power. She settled pretty easily into the high grass, W/O any damage.

We looked for the prop but no joy. New prop and a P51 1450 should be here by the end of the week, MotionRC is shipping today.

I was impressed with the FMS Waco, so according to plan I ordered the P51.

I will definitely use locktite on the prop this time. I think maybe the prop brake was engaging as I had to reverse the throttle channel on the Futaba, and the first time I turned on the Waco it was full throttle, this could have programmed the brake on. So I will reprogram the ESC when I get the new prop/spinner.

Never a dull moment in the RC world.

Enjoy the vid and learn from my mistakes.

WACO Maiden (7 min 31 sec)
Last edited by westsideav; Jul 30, 2013 at 02:48 PM.
Old Sep 08, 2013, 03:47 PM
Find More Posts by paragod64
United States, KY, Mt Sterling
Joined Feb 2013
22 Posts
great video

I really enjoyed your video, the Propeller on these looks a great deal like the durafly Monacoup, Having ordered this plane on friday last I hope to not need a spare prop as I have a few for the Durafly. She seems to be a very docile flier. I guess as long as shes under power. What are your radio settings and recommendations, eg expo, or rudder mixing. Happy flying
Quote:
Originally Posted by westsideav View Post
This video has thrills and crashes!
well, I received my model today, as usual prompt shipping and excellent packaging from Motion RC. the kit went together really well, I am about half way through adding the rigging. Hope to have her in the air this weekend. Will let you
all know how the maiden flight goes. Hopefully as well as the assembly. First there was the MWVRCC plane magnet, our chain link fence. I have put 4 planes into it so far, one of them my P47 twice. The wind has a nasty habit of switching out of the north from the east, it knows when you are flaring. I should have seen it coming, I just did not have enough left rudder or aileron to counter.

OK so we proved she is tough and is attracted to chain link fences.

Actually the Waco flies very nicely, a little sluggish responding with 40-50% throttle but it is a bi plane with lots of drag, she will float a long way though, and at a very slow speed.

Watch the slowmo part of the video carefully you will see the prop come off and spin left to right across the screen, it was out of focus, but you still see it if you look. We heard it on the ground, but did not realize what happened. I circled back to land the wind switched to the north again so I decided to use the cross runway, I was descending the whole time setting up for base so I did not realize I had no prop, when I came in with power, I thought I lost radio contact, but it was just no power. She settled pretty easily into the high grass, W/O any damage.

We looked for the prop but no joy. New prop and a P51 1450 should be here by the end of the week, MotionRC is shipping today.

I was impressed with the FMS Waco, so according to plan I ordered the P51.

I will definitely use locktite on the prop this time. I think maybe the prop brake was engaging as I had to reverse the throttle channel on the Futaba, and the first time I turned on the Waco it was full throttle, this could have programmed the brake on. So I will reprogram the ESC when I get the new prop/spinner.

Never a dull moment in the RC world.

Enjoy the vid and learn from my mistakes.

https://vimeo.com/71359119
paragod64 is offline Find More Posts by paragod64
Last edited by paragod64; Sep 10, 2013 at 09:18 PM.
Old Sep 10, 2013, 02:56 AM
Find More Posts by Tony K
United States, MI, Monroe
Joined Jun 2009
2,161 Posts
Really nice plane, always haved loved that model and color. Put it on my list!
Tony K is offline Find More Posts by Tony K
Old Sep 10, 2013, 09:22 PM
Find More Posts by paragod64
United States, KY, Mt Sterling
Joined Feb 2013
22 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by paragod64 View Post
I really enjoyed your video, the Propeller on these looks a great deal like the durafly Monacoup, Having ordered this plane on friday last I hope to not need a spare prop as I have a few for the Durafly. She seems to be a very docile flier. I guess as long as shes under power. What are your radio settings and recommendations, eg expo, or rudder mixing. Happy flying
I posted in the wrong space. Recieved my kit today and have just about completed assembly. Just have the rigging left to finish. So far I am really impressed. It is a lovely model, goes togather well, and as usual awsome service from MOTION RC. Hope to have her in the air this weekend, will let everyone know how the maiden flight goes.
paragod64 is offline Find More Posts by paragod64
Old Sep 15, 2013, 06:22 PM
Osprey
Joined Jan 2013
353 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by paragod64 View Post
I use 35% expo across the board in Hi and Low Rates. I pretty much just fly Hi rates now though. Low is 75%.

Hi rates on the elevator really helps on landing and taxing on grass.

The plane is really very docile and I get a lot of interest on the field when I fly it, or even just sitting on the grass.
Old Sep 18, 2013, 11:10 PM
Find More Posts by fstop
southeastern US
Joined Nov 2006
99 Posts
Im very interested in this Waco, just looks great. What batt is everyone using? Whats the connector?
My wife might be getting me a new plane for our anniversary, and this one is high on my list!
All bipes are my favorites, and have a lot already, but no waco. The detail looks really nice for the price. Anyone have the FMS Stearman too, could compare the two, which is better?

I know this isnt a big plane, but bigger than the micros i fly the most, how big a field would you recommend? Is it 41"WS?

Any other advice would be greatly appreciated!
fstop is offline Find More Posts by fstop