Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jan 26, 2009, 08:52 PM
Registered User
Joined Feb 2008
155 Posts
Discussion
The Whizzz

I recently learned that flywhizzz.com was about to end production and I just couldn't stand to see the Whizzz disappear. I'm pleased that I was able to take over the manufacture and distribution of the Whizzz. I don't plan to get rich at the venture, just produce a high quality, fun, affordable wing.

I'm currently working on the website (which is new to me) and development of a couple of new products.

If anyone has any Whizzz pictures or experiences they would like to share, I'd really appreciate if you could post them here.

Happy flying...

Greg White
flywhizzz.com
Wingnut62 is offline Find More Posts by Wingnut62
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 08, 2009, 05:43 PM
Registered User
Joined Feb 2008
155 Posts
I wanted to post a few pics of a new micro wing I'm currently working on. It is still in the prototype stage but I'll keep posting pics of the build. So far the wingspan is 18 inches. The prototype is made of EPS, final material is to be determined. I plan to power it with a 12mm Feigao motor. Let me know what you think.

Greg
Wingnut62 is offline Find More Posts by Wingnut62
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2009, 06:19 PM
Registered User
Joined Feb 2008
155 Posts
I made some more progress with the build. Pictures show the keel glued in place, the motor mount installed, a carbon fibre brace glued in and the top of the wing ready to finish. I'm not going to use any further re-enforcement. No strapping tape! ESC and receiver will be bottom mounted. I'm not sure if the servos will be mounted on top or bottom. The battery will be attached to the bottom with velcro.

This wing is going to be crazy light.

Greg
Wingnut62 is offline Find More Posts by Wingnut62
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2009, 07:33 PM
Fly me to the moon...
Atom1025's Avatar
Sacramento
Joined Jun 2005
4,140 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingnut62
I recently learned that flywhizzz.com was about to end production and I just couldn't stand to see the Whizzz disappear. I'm pleased that I was able to take over the manufacture and distribution of the Whizzz. I don't plan to get rich at the venture, just produce a high quality, fun, affordable wing.

I'm currently working on the website (which is new to me) and development of a couple of new products.

If anyone has any Whizzz pictures or experiences they would like to share, I'd really appreciate if you could post them here.

Happy flying...

Greg White
flywhizzz.com
Awesome! Good luck in the venture. It looks like a great wing and a great price! I'll have to try one someday.

I'd like to see some vids of the low and slow action.

Adam
Atom1025 is offline Find More Posts by Atom1025
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2009, 07:57 PM
zoom zoom
gotboostedvr6's Avatar
USA, NJ, Mt Laurel
Joined Oct 2007
3,691 Posts
sorry to ask personal questions...
Anything new in the works? how about larger spans?
gotboostedvr6 is offline Find More Posts by gotboostedvr6
Last edited by gotboostedvr6; Feb 13, 2009 at 12:52 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2009, 10:01 PM
resU deretsigeR
PaulVi's Avatar
Dublin Ca
Joined Aug 2004
7,787 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atom1025
Awesome! Good luck in the venture. It looks like a great wing and a great price! I'll have to try one someday.

I'd like to see some vids of the low and slow action.

Adam
Adam i had 2 of the whizzz's ... They have great slow speed handeleing they are EPS but as small and light as it is it does not seem to matter..

both were built with the 4100kv on 3s 400's and a 3x3 prop

I have a build log around here for it..

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...oid=2035938981

It is alot like the mini lightning but diffrent speed confort zones not as fast as the lightining but... well look at the vid..

I flew the heck out of this one till i was distracted at work some one yelled my name i turned away for a sec and it was never seen again..

This smaller one liiks like it will be a great trunk wing
PaulVi is offline Find More Posts by PaulVi
Last edited by PaulVi; Feb 12, 2009 at 10:08 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2009, 10:02 PM
resU deretsigeR
PaulVi's Avatar
Dublin Ca
Joined Aug 2004
7,787 Posts
You Know I miss my Whizzz
PaulVi is offline Find More Posts by PaulVi
Last edited by PaulVi; Feb 13, 2009 at 02:02 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2009, 10:24 PM
zoom zoom
gotboostedvr6's Avatar
USA, NJ, Mt Laurel
Joined Oct 2007
3,691 Posts
good luck with the company
gotboostedvr6 is offline Find More Posts by gotboostedvr6
Last edited by gotboostedvr6; Feb 13, 2009 at 12:51 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2009, 11:09 PM
resU deretsigeR
PaulVi's Avatar
Dublin Ca
Joined Aug 2004
7,787 Posts
Link to the whizzz build..

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=692659

I just want you guys to have a bit of history with thye porduct..

This new wing looks like it will be a neat little pocket flyer..
PaulVi is offline Find More Posts by PaulVi
Last edited by PaulVi; Feb 13, 2009 at 02:22 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2009, 11:26 PM
Registered User
Florida
Joined Jul 2004
829 Posts
Nice. Greg, take your time, plan every move, study the market and you will do just fine. Awesome venture, success is when planing and opportunity meet, have fun! Jose
www.advancedairframes.com
P.S. Let me know if you need any help.
Thermaleer is offline Find More Posts by Thermaleer
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2009, 11:26 PM
Fly me to the moon...
Atom1025's Avatar
Sacramento
Joined Jun 2005
4,140 Posts
Nice vid Paul! Looks like a real winner
Atom1025 is offline Find More Posts by Atom1025
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2009, 12:10 AM
Registered User
Joined Feb 2008
155 Posts
Thanks for all the responses guys. I just spent the last few hours fighting a hard drive failure on my home pc. I'm responding on my work laptop as my home computer seems to have given up.

As far as a pic of the root goes, I think I'll just pass for now.

PaulVi, your build thread and video are great. I really appreciate you sharing your experiences with everyone.

Adam, the original Whizzz flies great low and slow. I'm hoping the new wing will work just as well up close and down low. I feel like that electric rasor guy...I liked it so much I bought the company.

Thermaleer, I just might take you up on your offer. Thanks.

Greg
Wingnut62 is offline Find More Posts by Wingnut62
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2009, 02:07 AM
resU deretsigeR
PaulVi's Avatar
Dublin Ca
Joined Aug 2004
7,787 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingnut62
I'm hoping the new wing will work just as well up close and down low. I feel like that electric rasor guy...I liked it so much I bought the company.


Greg
What do you have in mind for the new one.. Inrunner?, Outrunner, I see one in my future,, I picked up one of those 5gram outrunners and with a 3x3 prop it pulls 3 amps and gets about 19,000 rpm. some small 20c 300's 3s packs could make this sing..

Im always up to a challange..

http://fmhobbies.com/shop/article_VM...aid%3DVMD50%26
PaulVi is offline Find More Posts by PaulVi
Last edited by PaulVi; Feb 13, 2009 at 03:09 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2009, 08:51 AM
Registered User
Joined Feb 2008
155 Posts
Hey Paul,

I"m going to run a Feigao 12mm inrunner on this one, but I'm trying to come up with a mount that will allow for a small outrunner. I loce the thrust of an outrunner and there is some pretty cool stuff on the market. That little motor you have would work great. My objective is to keep this wing light. So far it won't register on my current scale, so I hope I'm on the right path.

Thanks,
Greg
Wingnut62 is offline Find More Posts by Wingnut62
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2009, 12:22 PM
Registered User
Dr Kiwi's Avatar
Chattanooga, Tennessee, United States
Joined May 2003
27,197 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingnut62
Hey Paul,

I"m going to run a Feigao 12mm inrunner on this one, but I'm trying to come up with a mount that will allow for a small outrunner. I loce the thrust of an outrunner and there is some pretty cool stuff on the market. That little motor you have would work great. My objective is to keep this wing light. So far it won't register on my current scale, so I hope I'm on the right path.

Thanks,
Greg
Dan (MicroDAN) has some good mounts:www.gobrushless.com. I have used an 8mm tube mount from SloFly but Dan's one looks equally as good.
Dr Kiwi is offline Find More Posts by Dr Kiwi
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools