HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old May 23, 2006, 09:40 AM
Registered User
Griff's Avatar
Heathrow London
Joined Nov 2005
294 Posts
Discussion
Crazy prices??

well thought i would buy a new body for my ttn and went onto the formby model website in the uk i couldnt belive the cost of nf bodies
21.85 for a fairing
20.89 for tank and seat
5.15 for a front fender
22.50 for the rider
70.39 for the lot approx $134.00
what else is available for the ttn I want to do a Barry sheene colour scheme from Alan Waterfall's decal sheet but 70 quid is a bit steep
Griff
Griff is offline Find More Posts by Griff
Last edited by Griff; May 23, 2006 at 09:48 AM.
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old May 23, 2006, 09:44 AM
Not drawn! never was!
Brettos's Avatar
Northern Beaches Sydney.
Joined Jan 2005
421 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griff
well thought i would buy a new body for my ttn and went onto the formby model website in the uk i couldnt belive the cost of nf bodies
21.85 for a fairing
20.89 for tank and seat
5.15 for a front fender
22.50 for the rider
70.39 for the lot
what else is available for the ttn I want to do a Barry sheene colour scheme from Alan Waterfall's decal sheet but 70 quid is a bit steep
Griff

Not wrong Griff,

The price is subject to the amount of people using R/C bikes so lets spread the word and get cheaper prices.

I am after an NF body kit as well!

Keep trying champ and let me know as will I if you come up with one cheap.

If we both buy one it might be cheaper? What do you think?

Regards Brettos.
Brettos is offline Find More Posts by Brettos
Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2006, 11:00 AM
Registered User
Staffordshire UK
Joined Mar 2006
206 Posts
body

http://www.rc-motorradshop.de/produk..._ducati_nitro/
Write to Gregor in english and he will reply in good english, thats who i use. Worth a look.

Tony
illy sv650 is offline Find More Posts by illy sv650
Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2006, 11:08 AM
Keep the rubber side down
MV Agusta's Avatar
Delft, Netherlands
Joined Aug 2005
212 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griff
well thought i would buy a new body for my ttn and went onto the formby model website in the uk i couldnt belive the cost of nf bodies
21.85 for a fairing
20.89 for tank and seat
5.15 for a front fender
22.50 for the rider
70.39 for the lot approx $134.00
what else is available for the ttn I want to do a Barry sheene colour scheme from Alan Waterfall's decal sheet but 70 quid is a bit steep
Griff
You can use the TT FM1-e fairing without to many mods
http://www.rc-motorradshop.de/produk...bilder/?PD6105

Or the 999r fairing without mods:
http://www.rc-motorradshop.de/produk...bilder/?PD6570

For a rider use the rubber TT dum ss
http://www.rc-motorradshop.de/produk...bilder/?PD6303
or if you want something lighter use the Motoproto rider
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...ight=motoproto
MV Agusta is offline Find More Posts by MV Agusta
Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2006, 11:29 AM
Registered User
(V)aximus's Avatar
Joined Dec 2005
717 Posts
I had the same feeling when I first saw formby models prices...

But pay attention for the currency, this "E" (that I don't have on my keyboard) isn't the EURO "E"

Change the currency for EURO on the top, at the right of the window.

Sorry to disapoint you

(V)ax
(V)aximus is offline Find More Posts by (V)aximus
Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2006, 11:32 AM
PROFESSOR TRUTH JIMMY ICE
Akura2's Avatar
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
6,649 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by (V)aximus
I had the same feeling when I first saw formby models prices...

But pay attention for the currency, this "E" (that I don't have on my keyboard) isn't the EURO "E"

Change the currency for EURO on the top, at the right of the window.

Sorry to disapoint you

(V)ax

BTW to get the "" hold the "alt" key and push 0128 on your numeric keypad

alt+0128=
Akura2 is offline Find More Posts by Akura2
Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2006, 11:34 AM
No Shelf Queens.No Bling
Allan Waterfall's Avatar
Newark.Nottinghamshire.UK
Joined Jan 2005
2,961 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griff
what else is available for the ttn
Griff
If you're in the Uk
http://www.realraptors.co.uk/realrc/

About 25.00 plus postage,everything in that price except a rider.If you order tomorrow you'll get it on Thursday before 1.00pm.

Daniele at Exstreme does a nice complete set,but the postage from Italy tends to kill it a bit.

The NF fairings are poor quality unless they've improved and will fall apart in a stiff breeze.

Allan
Allan Waterfall is offline Find More Posts by Allan Waterfall
Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2006, 06:40 AM
I once beat Colin McCabe
Squidlips's Avatar
Southport, England
Joined Oct 2005
156 Posts
Just had a squint at the NEW PMT body kits and riders

They are good quality and are better in design to the NF ones and are quite a bit cheaper too!!!!!

Formby has them in stock as well as the new PMT cut slicks and 2006 GRP tyres!!!

Damn I wish I had a credit card!!!!

There you go.... no excuse now

Phil T.
Squidlips is offline Find More Posts by Squidlips
Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2006, 07:29 AM
Not drawn! never was!
Brettos's Avatar
Northern Beaches Sydney.
Joined Jan 2005
421 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan Waterfall
If you're in the Uk
http://www.realraptors.co.uk/realrc/

About 25.00 plus postage,everything in that price except a rider.If you order tomorrow you'll get it on Thursday before 1.00pm.

Daniele at Exstreme does a nice complete set,but the postage from Italy tends to kill it a bit.

The NF fairings are poor quality unless they've improved and will fall apart in a stiff breeze.

Allan
Hey Allan,

What body kits have you found to be durable and good to look at!

I am thinking of buying one, but price is as important to me as are looks and durability.

Do you have a favourite body kit!

Regards Brettos.
Brettos is offline Find More Posts by Brettos
Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2006, 10:26 AM
No Shelf Queens.No Bling
Allan Waterfall's Avatar
Newark.Nottinghamshire.UK
Joined Jan 2005
2,961 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brettos
Hey Allan,

What body kits have you found to be durable and good to look at!

I am thinking of buying one, but price is as important to me as are looks and durability.

Do you have a favourite body kit!

Regards Brettos.
To me a fairing is just something to cover and protect the frame,so I don't really mind what it looks like,after a few outings they all look a bit tatty with my driving,so really for me the cheaper the better,they're a consumable like glow fuel and glow plugs.

The TT fairings and the ones that Exstreme is now producing seem to me about as durable as each other.I've not seen the new PMT ones yet.

I won't buy another NF fairing because the one I got in my kit had been pulled so thin in the corners,when I peeled the protective layer off there was no lexan left,just a hole.

Allan
Allan Waterfall is offline Find More Posts by Allan Waterfall
Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2006, 10:31 AM
Registered User
Griff's Avatar
Heathrow London
Joined Nov 2005
294 Posts
Phoned formby models and the complete body kit including rider is 49.95 just incase anyone wanted to know the cost of the pmt bodies
Griff
Griff is offline Find More Posts by Griff
Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2006, 12:34 PM
STeve B in NC
mollycbr123's Avatar
North Carolina, USA
Joined Sep 2003
7,756 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griff
Phoned formby models and the complete body kit including rider is 49.95 just incase anyone wanted to know the cost of the pmt bodies
Griff
Do they sell just the body pieces? I don't need anymore riders on the payroll.
mollycbr123 is offline Find More Posts by mollycbr123
Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2006, 12:46 PM
Registered User
Griff's Avatar
Heathrow London
Joined Nov 2005
294 Posts
yes but cant remember the price just for the body kit sorry
Griff
Griff is offline Find More Posts by Griff
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale complete Futaba 8U radio package! Crazy prices! Splitting up!! jboehle Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 14 Jul 16, 2006 11:46 PM
New Unused planes at crazy prices mmm208 Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 2 Jul 26, 2002 04:34 AM