HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 27, 2012, 06:40 AM
United States, CA, Beale AFB
Joined Sep 2004
121 Posts
Discussion
Check out the Jet Pilots Organization (JPO)

Hello Everyone!

Just thought I'd throw out a quick note about the JPO. They've done a lot to advocate for model turbine flying with the FAA and are our direct voice to the AMA regarding jets!

Joining is cheap...you get a turbine log book and shirt for joining. Strength is in numbers so I'd recommend checking them out.

There's also a quarterly publication called "Contrails" with some good articles and a good "Knowledge Bank" there for newbies especially.

www.jetpilots.org
FlyinTiger is offline Find More Posts by FlyinTiger
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 01, 2013, 06:49 AM
Pittsburgh Allegheny, Pennsylvania, United States
Joined May 2004
1,185 Posts
Thanks for the heads up.

I've been thinking of joining... and for the $25... they are at least giving you some goodies. (I can always use a shirt)
Dr Honda is offline Find More Posts by Dr Honda
Old Jan 04, 2013, 06:51 PM
United States, CA, Beale AFB
Joined Sep 2004
121 Posts
Jpo

I didn't realize all they have done for the RC hobby, jets and all RC. They really went to bat with the FAA on behalf of the AMA...recent Small Unmanned Aerial Systems (SUAS) regulations don't apply to model aircraft thanks in a large way to JPO.
FlyinTiger is offline Find More Posts by FlyinTiger
Old Jan 11, 2013, 10:33 AM
"Take Off" eh!
Canada, ON, Beeton
Joined Aug 2008
3,106 Posts
Does the JPO have any pull when dealing with Transport Canada.
vettster is offline Find More Posts by vettster
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3DTRYER ripped me off!!!