HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 19, 2014, 01:15 AM
Germany, HE, Gross-Umstadt
Joined May 2014
1 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bublik1 View Post
guys, quick question.
which simulator pack should I buy from banggood if I got v922 rtf to use with the stock tx?
any diffrences between the kits? 20 in 1 or 14 in 1 etc... and differences of price?
also how do you know what compatible and what's not? what plug type do I need?
I use the 20 in 1 kit with PhoenixRC 5 and it works great. With the included 3,5 mm mono audio cable the stock v922 transmitter linked with no problems.
Hope this helps.
MarkusRe is offline Find More Posts by MarkusRe
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 20, 2014, 09:10 PM
Too Old To Die:
United States, TX, Call
Joined Mar 2012
80 Posts
Hi guy's, I hope I am not asking a question that has already been answered. I just ordered two swash plate for my v922. I have already replaced the swash plate twice due to upper separation,( the baring popped out. Is there a upgrade for the v922 swash?
OldSpool is online now Find More Posts by OldSpool
Old Aug 20, 2014, 09:17 PM
New Zealand
Joined Jan 2013
854 Posts
There supposed to pop out. You just push them back. Its like that to prevent damage.
EchoRaven is online now Find More Posts by EchoRaven
Old Aug 21, 2014, 11:14 AM
Too Old To Die:
United States, TX, Call
Joined Mar 2012
80 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EchoRaven View Post
There supposed to pop out. You just push them back. Its like that to prevent damage.
Yes in the event of a crash, but not on spool up and no crash.
OldSpool is online now Find More Posts by OldSpool
Old Aug 21, 2014, 12:17 PM
KDS450QS(ZYX4),V977,CX-20
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Apr 2012
4,773 Posts
It should not pop up on spool up. Examine the plastic to make sure the piece where the top and bottom halves meet is not worn out. I destroyed one swashplate because I had forced the top half into the bottom but at an angle, permanently warping the plastic joint and thereafter, it doesn't hold the swashplate in one piece.
FyreSG is offline Find More Posts by FyreSG
Old Aug 22, 2014, 07:44 PM
Fly First // Post Later
Joined May 2013
667 Posts
Hi Guys! One servo stopped working. .. the other two work but the rear one seems jammed, does not respond... is that a sign of the carbon strip giving up? FCB is almost new (15 flights at most)
RumbleQuad is offline Find More Posts by RumbleQuad
Old Aug 22, 2014, 10:58 PM
Certifiable
United States, CA, Burbank
Joined Dec 2012
2,381 Posts
Check for grit jamming the servo pinion/drive gear mesh. I've had that happen a number of times. No response from the servo but the motor is very hot. I unplugged the lipo and manually spin & clear the gears, then the servo works again.
stringrazor is offline Find More Posts by stringrazor
Old Aug 23, 2014, 02:05 AM
Joined Oct 2013
65 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RumbleQuad View Post
Hi Guys! One servo stopped working. .. the other two work but the rear one seems jammed, does not respond... is that a sign of the carbon strip giving up? FCB is almost new (15 flights at most)
Also check the wire from servo to PCB.
Alex_63 is offline Find More Posts by Alex_63
Old Aug 23, 2014, 09:30 AM
Fly First // Post Later
Joined May 2013
667 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stringrazor View Post
Check for grit jamming the servo pinion/drive gear mesh. I've had that happen a number of times. No response from the servo but the motor is very hot. I unplugged the lipo and manually spin & clear the gears, then the servo works again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex_63 View Post
Also check the wire from servo to PCB.
IT WORKED ! Thank you very much fellows.

1st UPDATE ....Back to the drawing board.... got paralized again

2nd UPDATE... Feeling both happy and stupid ... Now... how in the 7 h*lls am I going to solder that back ! My soldering iron is way too thick
Name: 20140823_165113.jpg
Views: 9
Size: 338.7 KB
Description:

3r UPDATE ... and hopefully last . Its alive !!!! Just flew a couple of packs without issues. I sharpened my big ass blob style 100 W soldering iron the finest I could and that did the job.
Last edited by RumbleQuad; Aug 23, 2014 at 07:23 PM.
Old Aug 24, 2014, 01:43 AM
Joined Aug 2014
3 Posts
Low Resolution

I've followed much of the thread but not sure if anyone has mentioned this.

The WLToys Tx for the v922 is low resolution, and I mean LOW.

Do this test, and please say if I'm wrong. Turn the Tx on and count the steps on the digital display from throw-to-throw of any stick. I get about 30 steps.

That is in practice about PCM30, never mind PCM1024 or whatever.

Now much of it doesn't matter (even PCM1024 is way more than needed and really just a marketing ploy originally by Futaba to get a leg over JR's original PCM512). Cyclic and tail-rotor, the resolution of (even just 30 steps) is generally fine. However, on the pitch/throttle it could be a reason why precision hovering is difficult.

If anyone thinks the precision (WLToys v922 RTF) is better than "PCM30", I'm all ears! Cheers
Phecda is offline Find More Posts by Phecda
Old Aug 24, 2014, 02:18 AM
Certifiable
United States, CA, Burbank
Joined Dec 2012
2,381 Posts
No argument here. I always hated the stock Tx. Seems the stock Tx expos have a huge mid-stick dead zone. I only began to enjoy flying the 922 after installing an NRF24L01 module into my Devo 7e and loading Deviation f/w.
stringrazor is offline Find More Posts by stringrazor
Old Aug 24, 2014, 12:31 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,240 Posts
Wait...you're using the display of the TX to determine resolution?

I am not arguing. Just thinking you can't jump to conclusion with that experiment alone.

Make sure you're not having the laggy/jerky servo issue that results from a bad bind.

I just don't recall the stock TX to be that bad at hovering.
Daryoon is offline Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Aug 24, 2014, 02:10 PM
Fly First // Post Later
Joined May 2013
667 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stringrazor View Post
No argument here. I always hated the stock Tx. Seems the stock Tx expos have a huge mid-stick dead zone. I only began to enjoy flying the 922 after installing an NRF24L01 module into my Devo 7e and loading Deviation f/w.
Could you please share your model.ini file ?