Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Oct 10, 2012, 01:42 AM
Joined Jun 2010
90 Posts
Help!
Solartex covering color question Linen vs. Antique

Hello I am planning to order a roll of solartex in a creamish color. I wanted it to be off white but not too yellow if you know what I mean. Solartex offers both a "Linen" and "Antique" color. I was wondering if anyone knew the difference between these as it is hard to tell from their color swatches on the website. If anyone had a picture of them side by side (or just alone) that would be awesome too. Google has some pics but its hard to tell what the lighting is between the two. I will be pairing it up with dark blue if that matters for matching at all. Thank you for any input!

-Greg
gjap is offline Find More Posts by gjap
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 10, 2012, 01:49 AM
Joined Jun 2010
90 Posts
This seems to happen to me often, I ask a question for about something I haven't been able to find and then find the answer minutes later... Found this online.

"LINEN SOLARTEX: A creamy beige iron-on fabric to simulate the doped linen used on the under surfaces of many World War 1 aircraft. It is practically opaque so the structure cannot be seen through the fabric. Complements the Dark Green PC 10.

ANTIQUE SOLARTEX: A creamy beige translucent fabric for use on models of veteran aircraft such as Bleriot, Antoinette, Avro Triplane, where the structure can be seen beneath the covering."

I guess antique is translucent and linen is opaque. Still any pictures or input would be great.
gjap is offline Find More Posts by gjap