Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Sep 15, 2012, 12:42 PM
Sweden
Joined Jan 2008
920 Posts
I doubt anyone will just give you a $75 dollar engine for free here. Plus you'll still need a few extra glow plugs, props, and glow fuel etc.

Cheapest would be a glider/slope soarer, build from scratch it doesn't cost much (if you have the TX, RX and servos).
surfer_kris is online now Find More Posts by surfer_kris
Last edited by surfer_kris; Sep 15, 2012 at 12:52 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 15, 2012, 03:50 PM
Closed Account
Joined Feb 2006
433 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfer_kris View Post
I doubt anyone will just give you a $75 dollar engine for free here. Plus you'll still need a few extra glow plugs, props, and glow fuel etc. Cheapest would be a glider/slope soarer, build from scratch it doesn't cost much (if you have the TX, RX and servos).
If the OP wants a free engine, best would be befriend a club and ask them. There might be someone there in the community who'd be willing to part with an engine. Most likely though, it might be an older .049 non-throttle though. However, many have flown with a steady throttle only on 2 channels. Some got a little ingenious and had rigged things where full down elevator pulled a string that dropped a "spring loaded" music wire onto the fuel hose, to cut fuel and shut off the engine (such as in pylon racing with an external to engine tank).
OkiThumper is offline Find More Posts by OkiThumper
Old Sep 15, 2012, 04:03 PM
United States, TX, Dallas
Joined Sep 2012
45 Posts
I have a ThunderTiger GP10 you can have for $32.50 shipped in the USA. I know it runs well, as I just got back from the ER (in the past 10 mins ) with 3 slice and dices in my left thumb from a 7x3APC prop. LOL!! Yes I stuck it in the prop while adjusting the NV while on the test stand. Damn these small engines, things are just to close together for us old fat fingered people. LMOA!! I just finished rebuilding it to sell and wanted to make sure it was back running ok..

PM me if interested.
Mike
mkroe is offline Find More Posts by mkroe
Last edited by mkroe; Sep 15, 2012 at 04:10 PM. Reason: add picture
Old Sep 15, 2012, 05:38 PM
Joined Sep 2012
37 Posts
OK- There is only one club around here - in the other thread I have written of my experience with that idea..

mkroe- Thanks for the offer let me see how the funds go.

I have a nib os 40 but havent found a plane for it - this is why I was going to the LAZY BEE - something I found plans for and can build.

I have listed some non rc stuff for sale in the classifieds .
Dbeckner is offline Find More Posts by Dbeckner
Old Sep 15, 2012, 05:47 PM
Joined Sep 2012
45 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbeckner View Post
OK- There is only one club around here - in the other thread I have written of my experience with that idea..

mkroe- Thanks for the offer let me see how the funds go.

I have a nib os 40 but havent found a plane for it - this is why I was going to the LAZY BEE - something I found plans for and can build.

I have listed some non rc stuff for sale in the classifieds .
What type of plans do you want? I have plenty of plans. I'll hold off on listing the engine for a week or so if you want?
MK
Old Sep 15, 2012, 06:56 PM
Joined Sep 2012
37 Posts
MK - pm sent .
Old Sep 15, 2012, 11:23 PM
Joined Sep 2012
45 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbeckner View Post
MK - pm sent .
We will work something out D. Not a problem just give me time on the plans and also open up to others for help. There is a great community of people here and on other forums that are willing to help.
MK
Old Sep 16, 2012, 09:56 AM
Canada, ON, Cottam
Joined Jan 2012
1,336 Posts
If you have motor, you can always make a SPAD from coroplast. That gives an essentially free airplane if you talk nicely to some politicians for a sign. You still need fuel of course.
aspeed is offline Find More Posts by aspeed
Old Sep 21, 2012, 02:31 AM
United States, MI, Commerce Charter Township
Joined Dec 2000
1,308 Posts
Dbeckner, go to Airage.com and look up plans for the BeeTween. It's a low wing trainer with a box fuselage and styling that's between WW1 and WW2 and uses one of the Cox reed valve motors like the baby bee or golden bee. The Lazy Bee is a neat airplane but when you crash it you end up with a bag of sticks. There are tons of reed valve .049's out there, and cheap.

Not sure I'd trust an .049 to pull a lazy bee around, they are pretty draggy.
Dave Campbell is offline Find More Posts by Dave Campbell
Old Sep 23, 2012, 10:43 AM
Joined Sep 2012
37 Posts
I will be looking for something-thanks Dave
Old Dec 13, 2012, 11:11 AM
Closed Account
Joined Feb 2006
433 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OkiThumper View Post
However, many have flown with a steady throttle only on 2 channels. Some got a little ingenious and had rigged things where full down elevator pulled a string that dropped a "spring loaded" music wire onto the fuel hose, to cut fuel and shut off the engine (such as in pylon racing with an external to engine tank).
Yup, I found it (see attached).
OkiThumper is offline Find More Posts by OkiThumper