Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Oct 06, 2012, 06:30 AM
China, Guangdong
Joined Oct 2011
837 Posts
Vitality H36

Hey guys,any one tried this quad Vitality H36 before ? My assistant bring one to me today and ask me to see its performance, at first I did not care too much about this quad,since I have played almost all the quads on the market now.To my great surprised,this quadcopter flys just like a dream,especially for its silence voice, stability and sensitivity,but I just tried it for one battery ,I will definitely take a video next week and see how it works!
Aaron qin is online now Find More Posts by Aaron qin
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 06, 2012, 09:55 AM
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
4,961 Posts
Seems like it would be similar to the 939. Looks like soldered connections which could be a plus or minus depending on how you look at it, but it should make it lighter. I kind of like the LED eyes through the canopy. The motor legs seem really short, which means you couldn't launch in grass (well I can't launch my 939 in my St. Augustine grass, but I can launch in soccer field turf). I like the smaller controller although I hope the 50m flying distance isn't true.

How would you say it compares to the 939?
MassiveOverkill is online now Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: RC Logger Eye One Xtreme
Old Oct 06, 2012, 10:39 AM
Joined Jun 2012
2,582 Posts
Flying a U816 upside down

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerys View Post
I am also wondering when someone is going to make one of these things fly inverted. the tiny direct drive units (u816 or ladybird) should be able to stop reverse and spin up the blades in reverse fast enough (tiny direct drive low inertia) fast enough to remain airborne and have all the controls "flip" in the TX so it flies like normal but "upside down"
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1993 View Post
this is no more possible than getting a plane to fly backwards. reversing motor direction does not reverse thrust. you need variable pitch prop like on a 3d heli. not likely to ever happen either because you can buy several of these toy quads for the cost of just a single variable blade.
This led to my experiment here where it turned out the props were ~87% efficient in reverse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandigan View Post
Although it can lift itself with 12g to spare (instead of the 24g normally available - this is due to the props being less efficient when spinning backwards) it doesn't really want to fly very well (see video). It wants to spin on the spot really quickly, and with lots of trim on the YAW, what you see in the video is about as good as it gets.
Quote:
basically this. I think I know why its spinning out of control in yaw. you swapped the props and inverted the arms. this got you thrusting down with the FC correctly upright. problem is you reversed the "phase" of the props. they are now spinning backwards "RELATIVE" to the FC.
And you were correct. I then tried it on a v929 here but the prop shape is very different, so it didn't generate enough lift.

It was controllable in a 'skidding around the floor' kind of way, though.

ArchillesElbow improved on that with his v929 FPV setup, by actually drilling out his props so he could put them on upside down and got it flying perfectly here:

So, in response to the challenge from dave1993 here , here's the U816 flying just great 'upside down' (the board and battery are the normal way up, everything else is inverted) with reversed thrust props. I broke a prop soon after this, so only have one type 'A' left for an outside flight when the weather improves. I might try and flip it. When that breaks I'll have to put LB or X100 props on all round. They don't quite have the same profile so probably won't be as efficient in reverse, as they're better in the forward direction than the U816 ones.

U816, LB and MJX X100 Prop comparison was back here.

This video is a re-edited version of the previous one, but with a happier ending.
U816 quadcopter flying upside down (1 min 59 sec)
Brandigan is offline Find More Posts by Brandigan
Last edited by Brandigan; Oct 09, 2012 at 07:47 AM.
Old Oct 06, 2012, 11:23 AM
Grrr :-)
Levittown PA 19057
Joined Aug 2006
438 Posts
Vindication. Thank you so much :-) now maybe a manufacturer will see this and go hey lets make one that does this :-)

I don't think I would ever have the skill to manage one and "do" 3D things but there are people with nut crazy skills who could :-)
nerys is offline Find More Posts by nerys
Old Oct 06, 2012, 11:29 AM
KDS450QS(ZYX4),V977,CX-20
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Apr 2012
4,773 Posts
LEDs as the "eyes"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron qin View Post
Hey guys,any one tried this quad Vitality H36 before?
I realized that there are no LEDs at the booms, but 2 are on the board, serving as the eyes of the insect. I really think that's a good idea.

Is it possible that the board works with WLtoys transmitters?
FyreSG is offline Find More Posts by FyreSG
Old Oct 06, 2012, 12:05 PM
Joined Jun 2012
2,582 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill View Post
The motor legs seem really short, which means you couldn't launch in grass (well I can't launch my 939 in my St. Augustine grass, but I can launch in soccer field turf).
Why don't you hand-launch? I do that in a nearby field and on landing shut the throttle about 4 inches above the ground and let it drop so they don't spin and get grass tangled around the blades. Before the grass was cut recently, when it landed, I almost lost the quad several times, even though it was only 30 yards away.
Old Oct 06, 2012, 12:14 PM
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
4,961 Posts
Quote:
Why don't you hand-launch? I do that in a nearby field and on landing shut the throttle about 4 inches above the ground and let it drop so they don't spin and get grass tangled around the blades. Before the grass was cut recently, when it landed, I almost lost the quad several times, even though it was only 30 yards away.
I do hand launch, but we've all had those instability drops where you have to touch the ground for a split second and take back off again. Once you touch the ground with a quad who's blades won't clear grass, you've gotta go rescue her.

It all depends on the environment you're flying in. I don't fly in tall grassy fields, it's either short-cut grass or concrete jungle. I also fly in fairly heavy winds, so I have to deal with alot of air wash and gusts. I simply can't count on dead air like many have the luxury of in their geographical area. One of the reasons why I'm itching to get a Hubsan even though I think my 939 does a damn good job.
MassiveOverkill is online now Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: RC Logger Eye One Xtreme
Old Oct 06, 2012, 12:14 PM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,459 Posts
Heh...yep they would certainly sell more props with them mounted that way...
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index
Quote:
Vindication. Thank you so much :-) now maybe a manufacturer will see this and go hey lets make one that does this :-)

I don't think I would ever have the skill to manage one and "do" 3D things but there are people with nut crazy skills who could :-)
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Old Oct 06, 2012, 12:29 PM
Joined Jun 2012
2,582 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill View Post
I also fly in fairly heavy winds, so I have to deal with alot of air wash and gusts. I simply can't count on dead air like many have the luxury of in their geographical area. One of the reasons why I'm itching to get a Hubsan even though I think my 939 does a damn good job.
I think you'll still get the gusts problem with the Hubsan. All these Micro LB sized quads fly better in wind than a v929 or an MQX because of the direct drive props and because they have a smaller 'sail' area to be affected. It's how the gyros etc. react afterwards that's the clincher and it will be interesting to see if the Hubsan is any better than others.

I was going to get one from Banggood, they had it on backorder, but now it's gone from their site completely.
Old Oct 06, 2012, 12:37 PM
Joined Jun 2012
2,582 Posts
Has everyone seen these?: http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-4-...r-p-51434.html

Set of 4 for $3.09 delivered and perfect for those long winter nights.

Description:
Item Name: Helicopter Light Bar
Brand Name: San Huan
Weight of each light bar: Less than 1 gram
Length: 27mm

Can be used for:
6025 RC Helicopter
WLtoys V929 Quadcopter
WLtoys V939 Quadcopter

Package Included:
4 x Light Bar

Old Oct 06, 2012, 12:58 PM
Get Airborne
Sweden, Skåne County, Hofterup
Joined May 2012
316 Posts
Thanks for clarity.

I think testing always override engineering and theoretical reasoning.

Quote:
This led to my experiment here where it turned out the props were ~87% efficient in reverse.

And you were correct. I then tried it on a v929 here but the prop shape is very different, so it didn't generate enough lift.

It was controllable in a 'skidding around the floor' kind of way, though.

ArchillesElbow improved on that with his v929 FPV setup, by actually drilling out his props so he could put them on upside down and got it flying perfectly here:

So, here's the U816 flying just great 'upside down' (the board and battery are the normal way up, everything else is inverted) with reversed thrust props. I broke a prop soon after this, so only have one type 'A' left for an outside flight when the weather improves. I might try and flip it. When that breaks I'll have to put LB or X100 props on all round. They don't quite have the same profile so probably won't be as efficient in reverse, as they're better in the forward direction than the U816 ones.

U816, LB and MJX X100 Prop comparison was back here.

This video is a re-edited version of the previous one, but with a happier ending.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2naFI...ature=youtu.be
Stenkryparen is offline Find More Posts by Stenkryparen
Old Oct 06, 2012, 01:17 PM
RC Logger Support
United States, WV, Hurricane
Joined Jan 2010
3,209 Posts
Quote:
Has everyone seen these?: http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-4-...r-p-51434.html

Set of 4 for $3.09 delivered and perfect for those long winter nights.

Description:
Item Name: Helicopter Light Bar
Brand Name: San Huan
Weight of each light bar: Less than 1 gram
Length: 27mm

Can be used for:
6025 RC Helicopter
WLtoys V929 Quadcopter
WLtoys V939 Quadcopter

Package Included:
4 x Light Bar

very cool. I wonder how wide they are. Might have to just find out for that price.
jlcamp7 is online now Find More Posts by jlcamp7
Old Oct 06, 2012, 01:42 PM
Joined Jan 2012
1,594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcamp7 View Post
very cool. I wonder how wide they are. Might have to just find out for that price.
Hopefully 3mm to fit on the v929 frame. But I think the LED will be blinking ones, which could be irritating.
mystman is online now Find More Posts by mystman
Old Oct 06, 2012, 01:55 PM
Joined Jun 2012
2,582 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcamp7 View Post
There is a photo with them next to a ruler on the site and they do look about 3mm wide.

No info about colours or whether they flash though.
Old Oct 06, 2012, 02:00 PM
Grrr :-)
Levittown PA 19057
Joined Aug 2006
438 Posts
wow those lights are neat. I wonder how many I could run on one of those little lipos (I want to cover rockets and gliders in them couple dozen for night flying :-)
nerys is offline Find More Posts by nerys