HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by billpa, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 03, 2012, 10:32 PM
But often down to earth
Oklahoma, USA
Joined Sep 2010
736 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamChicago View Post
So it seems you can stabilize aileron (roll) and rudder (yaw)...and of course altitude with the new 2D/3D stabilizer...well it looks like another purchase and the Guardian add-on from last summer is going in the garbage
I'll take it!
Floater73 is offline Find More Posts by Floater73
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 05, 2012, 02:00 PM
Team Wack-a-Mole
Maryland
Joined Oct 2008
8,439 Posts
Al, this sounds like you are describing Heading Hold mode for 3D. Can you also set it to Rate mode (dampening only)? I find that more desirable than HH mode because it does not require you to change how the plane feels.
thx
Melnic is offline Find More Posts by Melnic
Old Mar 05, 2012, 02:30 PM
Static Model Collector LOL
Katy, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,448 Posts
Wonder if these will be available for sale at SEFF

The unit looks promising so far, I am curious to know what other features can be adjusted using the USB cable

Thanks,

FCA
FLAME747 is offline Find More Posts by FLAME747
Old Mar 05, 2012, 05:36 PM
Great White North
Joined Jun 2008
647 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melnic View Post
Al, this sounds like you are describing Heading Hold mode for 3D. Can you also set it to Rate mode (dampening only)? I find that more desirable than HH mode because it does not require you to change how the plane feels.
thx
Yes and you can also disable coordinated rudders, and change hold gains etc.

When ET releases the manual, you will see all the menu options that you can adjust.

Al
alros_100 is offline Find More Posts by alros_100
Old Mar 05, 2012, 06:59 PM
Pass me some zip-ties!
United States, FL, Gainesville
Joined Nov 2006
2,525 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAME747 View Post
Wonder if these will be available for sale at SEFF

The unit looks promising so far, I am curious to know what other features can be adjusted using the USB cable

Thanks,

FCA
If it is, I guarantee I will buy a second one. I have all sorts of ideas for these in mind regarding FPV stabilization.
HansAuf is offline Find More Posts by HansAuf
Old Mar 05, 2012, 08:04 PM
United States, TX, Farwell
Joined Jul 2007
24 Posts
I could definetly use a couple of these guardians now specially since were getting into the windy season here in Clovis NM. Hurry up and release them already
jwf1999 is offline Find More Posts by jwf1999
Old Mar 06, 2012, 02:02 PM
France, Bourgogne, Nevers
Joined Feb 2012
506 Posts
Please forgive if this has been covered before, but I have an aircraft with dual aileron servos, differential, and v-tail configuration, on a Graupner MX20. I use ET osd pro. Does anyone know if the Guardian expander can be used here?

Clearly I like ET equipment-I own a lot of it. Hope the guardian will work.
wazoo22 is offline Find More Posts by wazoo22
Old Mar 06, 2012, 03:12 PM
Joined Sep 2007
643 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wazoo22 View Post
Please forgive if this has been covered before, but I have an aircraft with dual aileron servos, differential, and v-tail configuration, on a Graupner MX20. I use ET osd pro. Does anyone know if the Guardian expander can be used here?

Clearly I like ET equipment-I own a lot of it. Hope the guardian will work.
I would second the dual aileron and aileron differential question. I have an FY-20A I play with and had to give up dual aileron channels.
BJM-Maxx is offline Find More Posts by BJM-Maxx
Old Mar 06, 2012, 06:27 PM
Great White North
Joined Jun 2008
647 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJM-Maxx View Post
I would second the dual aileron and aileron differential question. I have an FY-20A I play with and had to give up dual aileron channels.
Yes to dual aileron, which means you can have flaps etc. you can have an elevon plane with rudder (f27q stryker)

Not sure about dual aileron + vtail. Billpa can comment

Al
Old Mar 06, 2012, 09:28 PM
Katy, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,448 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alros_100 View Post
Hi Mike

Here is a video compilation of several flights with my F27Q stryker and a multiplex parkmaster. I Have also FPV'd the new guardian on a funjet (no OSD) and flew it on a pint size mini funjet.

Please Note - all these videos were done using various pre-release firmware - which were being optimized by ET engineer

Al

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZEOSwD1WXs

Al, the Stryker Q happens to be one of the planes I fly, I wonder if you set the unit to 3D mode, and do a vertical launch if it will go straight up.

Try it out next time, looks like you are using an 11X are you adjusting the gain in flight, or is it preset based on the flight mode?

Thanks,

FCA
Old Mar 06, 2012, 09:37 PM
Great White North
Joined Jun 2008
647 Posts
Quote:
Al, the Stryker Q happens to be one of the planes I fly, I wonder if you set the unit to 3D mode, and do a vertical launch if it will go straight up.

Try it out next time, looks like you are using an 11X are you adjusting the gain in flight, or is it preset based on the flight mode?

Thanks,

FCA
Those hand launches of the 27Q were in 2D mode. Hand launch of the parkmaster were in 3D mode.

I haven't tried a 3d mode straight up launch of the stryker. I hate launching pushers - I need my hands to be perfect for my day job !!! but i am heading out to test out some stuff on the stryker this weekend !

Al
Old Mar 07, 2012, 09:13 AM
Katy, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,448 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alros_100 View Post
Those hand launches of the 27Q were in 2D mode. Hand launch of the parkmaster were in 3D mode.

I haven't tried a 3d mode straight up launch of the stryker. I hate launching pushers - I need my hands to be perfect for my day job !!! but i am heading out to test out some stuff on the stryker this weekend !

Al
I hear you brother prop strikes can be nasty, if you are not comfortable don't do it, just launch the Q in the normal fashion in 3D mode she should continue on the same path as she was released

I am willing to do some additional beta testing to see how the unit performs when bungee launched, vertical launch, and at speeds over 150mph

FCA
Old Mar 07, 2012, 03:56 PM
LiPo-Sucker & Airframe EMT
Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Joined Aug 2010
3,525 Posts
Quote:
Al, the Stryker Q happens to be one of the planes I fly, I wonder if you set the unit to 3D mode, and do a vertical launch if it will go straight up......
Oh baby, oh baby, oh baby!!!

A vertical Stryker launch!

(BTW, if you're worried about safety -- a very legitimate concern -- launch side-arm by holding the wing by the LE, adding throttle, and "guiding" it away smooth and straight as it flies out of your hand. There are many vids of this on the F-27Q thread. Just no vertical ones, yet.......)

Dave
pugsam is offline Find More Posts by pugsam
Old Mar 07, 2012, 11:42 PM
Great White North
Joined Jun 2008
647 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsam View Post
Oh baby, oh baby, oh baby!!!

(BTW, if you're worried about safety -- a very legitimate concern -- launch side-arm by holding the wing by the LE, adding throttle, and "guiding" it away smooth and straight as it flies out of your hand. There are many vids of this on the F-27Q thread. Just no vertical ones, yet.......)

Dave
Ok will give it a try - should be an interesting video one way or the other !!
Al
Old Mar 08, 2012, 09:42 PM
Sopwith Camel's Cousin
Between my tx and crashed aircraft
Joined Mar 2006
3,792 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsam View Post

Dave
I have a mid-prop mount plane that I launch in a similar fashion. I think of it as similar to a forehand frisbee throw (as opposed to a backhand frisbee throw).
flying-llama is offline Find More Posts by flying-llama