HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 29, 2014, 07:01 PM
Joined Apr 2013
16 Posts
Discussion
SIG Somethin' Extra ARF is Coming Back

SIG is bringing back the highly-popular sport plane as the updated Somethin' Xtra EG ARF. Delivery is expected July/August 2014.

For more details:
SIG Somethin' Xtra EG ARF
SIGPlanes.com is offline Find More Posts by SIGPlanes.com
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 29, 2014, 07:11 PM
USA, MN, Shakopee
Joined Sep 2004
1,249 Posts
crap now I have to buy this plane to.
I wonder if it will be electric friendly to
scottc39 is offline Find More Posts by scottc39
Old Apr 30, 2014, 06:43 AM
United States, NY
Joined Dec 2012
29 Posts
Looks good....I've got some stuff laying around that would work for this...might have to give it a try...
ChrisRD is offline Find More Posts by ChrisRD
Old Apr 30, 2014, 03:44 PM
Condescending Pedant
Joined Aug 2013
823 Posts
The EG in the name means Electric or Glow so it should be easy to set up for electric. The info says that it has a magnetically attached hatch cover so it looks like they are making it E-friendly.
Mike Dubovsky is offline Find More Posts by Mike Dubovsky
Old Jul 27, 2014, 06:01 PM
USA, MN, Shakopee
Joined Sep 2004
1,249 Posts
Saw this plane at the Watts over. Owatanna in red. Love the look of this one to. Its on wish list to get.
scottc39 is offline Find More Posts by scottc39
Old Aug 06, 2014, 02:14 PM
H&H
H&H Hobbies
Old mystic CT U.S.A.
Joined Nov 2003
651 Posts
Somethin' Extra is a FUN model! I want one too!
H&H is offline Find More Posts by H&H
Old Aug 13, 2014, 12:44 PM
killickb
The Villages. Florida
Joined Jan 2005
1,322 Posts
Anyone flying this yet? Had one years ago and liked it but having bought the T-Clips and the S'Bach and liking neither, am gun shy about this one.
killickb is online now Find More Posts by killickb
Old Aug 14, 2014, 02:08 PM
Joined Nov 2008
6 Posts
I've been building one of these from a kit since last fall. The whole time I had been thinking that it would have cost just as much to get an ARF, but at least by building this model I'd have something kind-of unique.

Now they offer it as an ARF. Bad timing on my part, I suppose.

All I have left to do is mount the servos. I should have it flying within a couple of weeks. Mine's electric. I'll report back after it flies.
slepyhed is offline Find More Posts by slepyhed
Old Aug 14, 2014, 10:27 PM
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
9,275 Posts
Its all over the FLY RC Mag FACEBOOK Page!

Saw this at the FLY RC Magazine FACE BOOK Page:

PittSpecial is offline Find More Posts by PittSpecial
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 16, 2014, 11:26 AM
Joined Apr 2013
16 Posts
SIG Somethin' Xtra EG ARF | SIGPlanes.com

The new SIG Somethin' Xtra ARFs just arrived this week and pre-orders began shipping yesterday. We expect will still be a limited quantity available after all pre-orders are shipped.
SIGPlanes.com is offline Find More Posts by SIGPlanes.com
Old Aug 24, 2014, 07:00 PM
Joined Nov 2008
6 Posts
I got mine done enough to fly yesterday. Maiden-ed last night and flew all afternoon today. Picture attached.

What a sweet flying airplane! I love throttling back and slow-boating around.

I'm using a 6-cell 2200 mah battery (2 3-cells in series). I have a 500kv motor on it. My first several flights were with different 12" propellors, and that has enough power to fly around just fine, but not really enough to hover.

I put a 14x7 prop on it and that gives me all the power I ever need. Only problem with that is the landing gear is too short. I even put 3.5" diameter wheels on it, but that's not quite good enough. I wanna try a 13" prop, but I didn't have any with me.

Mine came out to 5 lbs 3 ounces and I'm getting about 8-10 minute flights. Most of my flying is at about 1/4 throttle, though. You might want a bigger battery if you like to zoom around at high speeds.
slepyhed is offline Find More Posts by slepyhed
Old Sep 02, 2014, 08:41 PM
I post once every 7 years.
United States, IL, Mundelein
Joined Apr 2005
73 Posts
Use the DuBro gear and it will look good and give you much better ground clearance, as well as more durability

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXNM65
flycfii is offline Find More Posts by flycfii