SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by Air-Jon, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 22, 2013, 09:06 PM
world's slowest builder
CA
Joined Oct 2006
769 Posts
FAQ
Guidlines for Large EDF Forum (Please read before posting)

The full description was too long for the forum title bar, so I will post this here to clarify the Large EDF Forum guidelines.

Large EDF Jets discussed in this forum will have at least 2 of the 3 following characteristics:
(A.) 12lb/5.5kg or greater weight,
(B.) 110in/2.8m or more combined wingspan and length,
(C.) 90mm or larger Electric Ducted Fan.

The spirit of this forum is the discussion of large EDF kits and turbine kit to EDF conversions that meet or exceed the guidelines. The lower end of the "Large EDF" size typically represents the classic .46 to .91 size ICDF kits.

There are a few molded foamy ARFs that may fall under these guidelines, and those planes are welcome here...but please remember there is already a foamy forum.

As for large scratch builds....just decide which people you want to see your thread more. Many people will likely watch both Large EDF and Scratch Built forums. I assumed scratch builders would continue to post in the scratch build forum, as that is where the dedicated scratch builders probably spend most their time. If you are looking for input on scratch building techniques during the build...I would post there. If you are just showing-off a large EDF Scratch-build it wouldn't matter too much...pick which ever forum you like.
Air-Jon is offline Find More Posts by Air-Jon
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 22, 2013, 09:07 PM
world's slowest builder
CA
Joined Oct 2006
769 Posts
FYI...i requested this be a sticky
Air-Jon is offline Find More Posts by Air-Jon