SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 02, 2013, 03:03 AM
Yosef Sailor
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Jul 2011
513 Posts
Discussion
Victor V 12 Footy question

I recently moved from the US to Singapore for a job assignment. During the packing process, the movers damaged the hatch cover and bent he mast.

I contacted Victor Boats and they gladly sold me a new hatch cover and mast and mailed it over seas. Upon arrival, it was bent worse than the first mast and the hatch was crushed as well. It was placed in a regular envelope.

I took photos and emailed them to Victor and have not heard back. It's been two weeks.

Understanding the situation will mailing something over seas and the potential for damage, I don't know if I want to order another hatch and risk damage again.

Are there any suggestion as to possibly fix the hatch cover or an alternative?

I could put the hatch in hot water and try to straighten it out. I have thought about placing on the boat and using a butane torch to gentle heat up and reform.

Ant help would be greatly appreciated.
dwatson is online now Find More Posts by dwatson
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 02, 2013, 10:22 AM
Boomer1
United States, CA, Temecula
Joined Sep 2009
3,497 Posts
My first suggestion is to check out a hardware store if they have such things there?
If they do, a piece of matching aluminum tubing should be something they'd carry. How about using a piece of carbon fiber in place of the stock tubing?
The hatch cover is another issue as it is a vacuum formed very thin piece of polystyrene which is pretty brittle -
If you want I can call them Monday and get another one for you pack it up correctly and send it to you - assuming it gets to me safely
I will explain the situation to them if you wish to see what if any thing they might be willing to do.
Just let me know. I sold my footy a few months back. Always intended to make a better hatch cover - never got there.
Boomer
Boomer1 is online now Find More Posts by Boomer1
Old Feb 03, 2013, 03:34 AM
Yosef Sailor
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Jul 2011
513 Posts
Boomer,

Any help you can provide I would greatly appreciate.

I was able to straighten the mast out and it is pretty straight, the hatch is what has me stumped.

See what you can find out and let me know. I am off to Bangkok for a few days for work so I will have minimal internet service.

Talk soon.
David
Old Feb 03, 2013, 12:32 PM
Boomer1
Joined Sep 2009
3,497 Posts
DW
Assume you still have my e-mail address - if not just shoot me a PM
Boomer
Old Feb 03, 2013, 01:34 PM
Yosef Sailor
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Jul 2011
513 Posts
Will do
Old Feb 04, 2013, 05:15 PM
Boomer1
Joined Sep 2009
3,497 Posts
David
Sent you a PM - Victor is sending me a new hatch cover. I will package it and send it to you. Need your new mailing address.
Boomer
Old Feb 05, 2013, 09:01 AM
Yosef Sailor
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Jul 2011
513 Posts
Boomer,

Sent you a PM.

I owe you huge.

Thanks for the help.
DW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer1 View Post
David
Sent you a PM - Victor is sending me a new hatch cover. I will package it and send it to you. Need your new mailing address.
Boomer