SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 30, 2012, 10:31 PM
Australia, QLD, Tewantin
Joined Jul 2012
51 Posts
Discussion
Team Associated SC10 Wheels

Just wondering if someone can help.

My two boys have SC10 trucks, that came with hexagonal recesses in the wheels which fit to hexagonal 'bosses' on the stub axles. This is on all 4 corners.

Now, Santa bought them new wheels that have different fitting arrangements. Unfortunately, I can't work out what to do.

These wheels have different fittings for the front and rear.

Did Team Associated change something, as these are genuine parts.

Hopefully the photos will make things clear??

As I said, the wheels on their trucks have a hexagonal arrangement, but the 'new' ones are different. Is there a kit I can buy, or is it easier to buy the hexagonal type?

Cheers
cheezels is offline Find More Posts by cheezels
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 31, 2012, 01:20 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,709 Posts
2WD front wheels don't need hexes, but sometimes they still get used to keep things simple. Perhaps the wheels you got are old stock?
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 31, 2012, 07:11 AM
Australia, QLD, Tewantin
Joined Jul 2012
51 Posts
I think they're old stock, as the trucks are only a couple of months old.

How would I convert hexagonal to the old stock?
cheezels is offline Find More Posts by cheezels
Old Dec 31, 2012, 08:10 AM
Kowalski !.....Options
USA, MI, Hastings
Joined Jan 2007
2,390 Posts
I think all you will need to do is take off the wheel hex's on the rear of the truck they should fit right on. That was how all the wheels were back in the day.
The fronts wheels are a matter of taking out the bearings from on wheel to the other.
mredzadventure is offline Find More Posts by mredzadventure
Old Dec 31, 2012, 08:33 PM
Canada, ON, Markham
Joined Aug 2008
8,852 Posts
The rears you can use by simply removing the hexes, but there's nothing you can do about the fronts without running the old knuckle setup.

It would probably be much easier to get the right wheels than to change out the knuckles.
wparsons is offline Find More Posts by wparsons
Old Jan 01, 2013, 03:48 PM
Outdoor Extremist
Pennsylvania
Joined Jul 2010
1,006 Posts
just run all on rear and replace the fronts is what i would advise or try and send them back and get new ones from proline
rustlererad3 is offline Find More Posts by rustlererad3
Old Jan 01, 2013, 04:03 PM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,709 Posts
It might seem like a lot of work, but if the old wheels are ok, and it's just the tyres that need replacing, perhaps you can consider removing the tyres from the new wheels, and glue them on the old rims?

If you do, don't use force to remove the wheels, there are a few methods that are mostly safe for tyre and rims to get seperated. I prefer boiling, as it gives the least smell and risk of altering the rubber, which could deform when soaking in aceton. But you have to take precautions from the hot water, the first time I tried this I paid for it with a blister over almost my entire thumb, as some hot water came from the insert, and soaked my kitchen gloves, heating them locally to almost 100 degrees centigrade. I can assure you, it's not an experience to be recommended...
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 02, 2013, 08:53 AM
Canada, ON, Markham
Joined Aug 2008
8,852 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustlererad3 View Post
just run all on rear and replace the fronts is what i would advise or try and send them back and get new ones from proline
How would you run these front ones on the rear? They're bored to fit bearings in the wheels, not in the knuckles.
wparsons is offline Find More Posts by wparsons