HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 06, 2013, 08:48 AM
Philippines, Central Luzon, City of San Fernando
Joined Aug 2012
33 Posts
@ Levtor that would be great! i'm presently living in san fernando pampanga and angeles is just 20mins away. i'm just beginning in this hobby and loving it. hopefully i don't get to many crushes so i can enjoy it more.
voltzmd is offline Find More Posts by voltzmd
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 06, 2013, 08:52 AM
United States, NJ
Joined Jan 2011
137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by voltzmd View Post
@ Levtor that would be great! i'm presently living in san fernando pampanga and angeles is just 20mins away. i'm just beginning in this hobby and loving it. hopefully i don't get to many crushes so i can enjoy it more.
You'll do great. I'll PM you when I get a sim card in the Philippines. Touchdown on March 9.
LevTor is offline Find More Posts by LevTor
Old Feb 06, 2013, 09:15 AM
Joined Aug 2012
33 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LevTor View Post
You'll do great. I'll PM you when I get a sim card in the Philippines. Touchdown on March 9.
ok. you can teach me how to fly.
Old Feb 06, 2013, 07:27 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,167 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrnln Jnke View Post
Had my first couple flights yesterday, and out of the box it flew amazing. was really easy to get to a hover and keep it there too. Only adjustment I had to make was to the swashplate. Swashplate wasn't quite level and had to adjust the longitudinal servo. Heli was drifting a little to much fwd.

I am use to my little v200 and man what a difference this thing is. It going to take some time getting use to to this thing.

Any help with the Tx switches?
There are only a few switches you need to know initially. It is impossible to explain all of them in great detail and you will need to do some reading elsewhere.

1. Throttle Hold - this stops the motor immediately so as to minimize damage to the heli in a crash. I believe it is inactive in its stock state and you have to activate it. Using the T/H is the most difficult function to learn as you begin to fly a CP.

2. Flight Mode switch - this switches between Normal, Idle up 1 and Idle up 2 modes. Idle up modes are for 3D or more aggressive sports flying. I would fly in normal mode for the moment.

3. Dual rate and expo - this will make the heli tamer or more aggressive to fly.

4. Channel 7 gyro gain switch - this toggles between tail gyro settings of your choice. It is best to leave it well alone initially.

5. Trainer switch - allows the transmitter to be used as a buddy box.

There are other switches to control other channels. There are also Hov-T and Ho-P switches for you to adjust hovering.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Feb 07, 2013, 06:54 AM
Joined Aug 2012
33 Posts
did some flights today. last one didn't go well. during slow forward flight at about 5 meters high and 80 meters away, the heli lost control and is not responding to my controls. so we were thinking what happened? we then tested my friends walkera V450D03 w/ devo7E and check if it will be the same. true enough he also lost control at that distance. we looked for possible interference but there was none. then we tested his kds 450QS and there was no lost of control. i'm wondering if its related to tx and rx of the heli? i'm using devo7 which came with it
Old Feb 07, 2013, 07:59 AM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
2,777 Posts
Quote:
did some flights today. last one didn't go well. during slow forward flight at about 5 meters high and 80 meters away, the heli lost control and is not responding to my controls. so we were thinking what happened? we then tested my friends walkera V450D03 w/ devo7E and check if it will be the same. true enough he also lost control at that distance. we looked for possible interference but there was none. then we tested his kds 450QS and there was no lost of control. i'm wondering if its related to tx and rx of the heli? i'm using devo7 which came with it
7 or 7e? The 7E has a max range of around 80m unless you modify or replace the transmitter module.

As for the devo 7 theres a 10mw and a 100mw version. if you have the 10 mW your max range should be just slightly further tou then a 7e as that one is 7 mW.

I have no experience with the regular devo 7 but there seems to be a 10 mW and a 100 mW firmware out. Might be possible to flash it so it becomes 100mw.
Xermalk is online now Find More Posts by Xermalk
Old Feb 07, 2013, 08:57 AM
Joined Aug 2012
33 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xermalk View Post
7 or 7e? The 7E has a max range of around 80m unless you modify or replace the transmitter module.

As for the devo 7 theres a 10mw and a 100mw version. if you have the 10 mW your max range should be just slightly further tou then a 7e as that one is 7 mW.

I have no experience with the regular devo 7 but there seems to be a 10 mW and a 100 mW firmware out. Might be possible to flash it so it becomes 100mw.
mine is devo7 not sure if its 10 or 100mW. my friend has the devo7E. but with what happened i think i only have the 10mW version. do you know how can i check what version i have? i will need to buy the UP-02 usb connector when i flash it.
Old Feb 07, 2013, 09:10 AM
Joined Feb 2013
8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iflyhelis View Post
If it didn't beep, your helicopter RX & transmitter didn't bind properly. What TX did you buy?

depending on the instructions you got, I have seen two different versions of how to bind with a RX 2703H-D one says to turn on the transmitter wait till it is finished doing it init. then within 3 seconds plug in your battery on your helicopter. You will see your RX led blinking red & then after a few seconds it will go solid red, & then the motor beeps. During this time, don't move the helicopter or touch any of the TX controls.

The other version says that the TX puts out its pairing search so fast & then stops trying to pair or bind. So you must power up your helicopter first, you will see the led solid red, then power up your TX & then you will see the led start blinking, then go solid, then the motor beeps.

I don't like doing it that way, I am always in fear it will pick up a stray signal & go crazy. But one time when I got a replacement TX it was the only way it would bind with my helicopter. After the first binding, I didn't need to do it that way anymore.

To be on the safe side, take your main blades off & keep your self away from the tail blades. You will then be able to test this out without it trashing itself, also keep your self away from the main blade grips if they are spinning.
Tell me if I'm wrong, but to me it sound unlogical that it's a problem with binding if all the servos move correctly.
Also the fixed Id setting works well.
I bought a 7e, unfortunately that was before I read here about the reduced range.
ulrichard is offline Find More Posts by ulrichard
Old Feb 07, 2013, 10:19 AM
Semi Expert
United States, MA, Norton
Joined Aug 2012
282 Posts
I was assuming the worst case scenario with you having a Devo 10 TX & that is what I went through, also i was using random binding, not fixed.

So it sounds like you did everything correctly! So, you could have a problem with your TX, plus I see that you are using a 7E which has very limited range. I would suggest you buy a 7 or at least a 8s.

You need the 100Mv. TX to get any range!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulrichard View Post
Tell me if I'm wrong, but to me it sound unlogical that it's a problem with binding if all the servos move correctly.
Also the fixed Id setting works well.
I bought a 7e, unfortunately that was before I read here about the reduced range.
iflyhelis is offline Find More Posts by iflyhelis
Old Feb 07, 2013, 10:25 AM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
2,777 Posts
Quote:
mine is devo7 not sure if its 10 or 100mW. my friend has the devo7E. but with what happened i think i only have the 10mW version. do you know how can i check what version i have? i will need to buy the UP-02 usb connector when i flash it.
I think there's a menu somewhere that allows you to set transmit power if you have the 100 mw firmware. but your better of talking to someone that actually has a devo 7.
Xermalk is online now Find More Posts by Xermalk
Old Feb 07, 2013, 11:16 AM
Joined Nov 2012
73 Posts
Okay, well im having pretty much the same problem that jsquard what having. I was out for a flight, flying just fine brought it in without any problems. About 10 minutes latter a friend of mine wanted to see it so i turned it on and went to spin up the blades and NOTHING. Only thing was the main gear and the motor spun, NO HEAD SNIP. If I spun the head in reverse then everything would work normal, the tail, both gears and motor would turn. Is this going to be a OWB issue? I hate to only have this for 3 days and it be down for part failure and not due to a crash. It takes about 10 days for parts to get to me here in Afghanistan and I get very impatient.

What would be a good replacement other than a walkera and where is a good US located place to get one?
Adrnln Jnke is offline Find More Posts by Adrnln Jnke
Last edited by Adrnln Jnke; Feb 07, 2013 at 01:09 PM.
Old Feb 07, 2013, 01:51 PM
Joined Sep 2007
141 Posts
Binding

Just purchased a D03 which was just hovered ,but was on a fixed ID so no problem just insert the bind plug, plug the battery in and cancel the code. Not so easy since Walkera's bind plug are different and I didn't have the Walkera bind plug and didn't know this until I called Bob from rchelistore.com in North Carolina. We talked and thought this over and as he was examining the Walkera plug he notice the pins in the red and black wire slot and a bump in the wire which turns out to be a resistor. So beware of this in case this happens to you.
Rogersresort is offline Find More Posts by Rogersresort
Old Feb 07, 2013, 02:36 PM
United States, GA, Hoschton
Joined Feb 2013
15 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrnln Jnke View Post
Okay, well im having pretty much the same problem that jsquard what having. I was out for a flight, flying just fine brought it in without any problems. About 10 minutes latter a friend of mine wanted to see it so i turned it on and went to spin up the blades and NOTHING. Only thing was the main gear and the motor spun, NO HEAD SNIP. If I spun the head in reverse then everything would work normal, the tail, both gears and motor would turn. Is this going to be a OWB issue? I hate to only have this for 3 days and it be down for part failure and not due to a crash. It takes about 10 days for parts to get to me here in Afghanistan and I get very impatient.

What would be a good replacement other than a walkera and where is a good US located place to get one?
My problem was a pretty easy fix once I figured out what the actual problem was. This is what my problem was. The bolt that attaches the main shaft to the gears was sheared.
Jsquared32 is offline Find More Posts by Jsquared32
Old Feb 07, 2013, 02:37 PM
United States, GA, Hoschton
Joined Feb 2013
15 Posts
This is what it should look like when attached to the gears.
Jsquared32 is offline Find More Posts by Jsquared32
Old Feb 07, 2013, 03:19 PM
Joined Aug 2012
33 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xermalk View Post
I think there's a menu somewhere that allows you to set transmit power if you have the 100 mw firmware. but your better of talking to someone that actually has a devo 7.
thanks xermalk. found it in the manual its under model settings. apparently the output power on the devo7 can be adjusted. mine only has up to +20. what does that mean? the range is -5 to +20
Last edited by voltzmd; Feb 07, 2013 at 03:42 PM.