HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 02, 2012, 10:39 PM
United States, TN, Memphis
Joined Dec 2011
862 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinL View Post
I wish Walkera make a 2.4 module. This way we can use our existing Tx and Walkera sells more helicopters come on Walkera is a win win for all
I'm sure someone can pirate the module out of a tx and make it happen. Although I'm really, really happy with my Devo 8S a Turnigy 9X with custom firmware, back light and swap-able Blade, Walkera, Nine Eagles, etc... modules would be awesome!
itsmillertime is offline Find More Posts by itsmillertime
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 03, 2012, 06:31 PM
a little kid at heart
Poulsbo, Wa
Joined Sep 2004
1,226 Posts
Yeah, wish it worked with my 2801.

Bill
poulsbobill is offline Find More Posts by poulsbobill
Old Mar 03, 2012, 10:00 PM
Joined Dec 2011
862 Posts
I was inside my tx today swapping f mode and th switches but I didn't pay too much attention to the module. If I can find a cheap enough Devo "parts" tx I might have a go at it.
Old Mar 03, 2012, 10:44 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,274 Posts
No one on here has the solo??
mhills51 is online now Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 04, 2012, 01:27 AM
Australia
Joined Oct 2000
1,221 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhills51 View Post
No one on here has the solo??
I do but I dont recommend it...it is a piece of junk..got it from HK

I wonder if I can strip down the Devo7 and make a module for my Futaba 9CAP.
U expert out there..can it be done?????
MartinL is offline Find More Posts by MartinL
Old Mar 04, 2012, 02:10 AM
Tokyo
Joined Jan 2010
700 Posts
Would be cool if you could just drop this in the futaba http://www.ehirobo.com/shop/product_...ducts_id=11530
bytemuncher is offline Find More Posts by bytemuncher
Old Mar 04, 2012, 02:18 AM
Joined Dec 2011
862 Posts
Someone on the turnigy 9x forum got one of those to experiment with. I hope he figures it out so I can modify the turnigy with custom firmware, back light and swap-able modules for all brands of micros.
Old Mar 07, 2012, 08:06 AM
Joined Feb 2012
88 Posts
hi guys, im thinking in buying the mini cp, im new in this and im trying to find a video in a normal flight without 3d flights, i want to know how much stable it is and to watch it suspended in the air, could any mini cp owner post a video please? thanks to everyone
Udonsushi is offline Find More Posts by Udonsushi
Old Mar 07, 2012, 11:18 AM
Joined Feb 2012
53 Posts
about the radio, I bought a RTF mini cp with devo and although I'm just a beginner you everything you need and even a little bit more. The navigation is a little hard, but after reading the manual a couple of times you get it and its not that hard. you can set pitch, throttle curves for three modes + th hold, you can set up mixes, so i think even for an expert it meets the basic programming needs. As for the feel, I don't know it's the first real radio I've had, but I think its fine, and you can even adjust the hardness and the length of the sticks.

@udonsushi
I can't post a video but the mini cp is extremely stable. I just started flying real rc helis and i managed to hover tail in and left side in in two days, and right side in the third day. And it can pretty much hover hands-free for a few seconds. So it's really stable, but still extremely agile and fast
Marioinc is offline Find More Posts by Marioinc
Old Mar 07, 2012, 11:28 AM
Joined Jan 2012
555 Posts
Great comparison info here. I've seen a lot of chat in this thread pertaining to the Mini CP and MCPx - wanted to throw the question about the Genius CP back out there. The Mini CP is driving down the costs of the Genius significantly and I don't mind being a generation behind (particularly when it comes to Walkera ), any thoughts about stability of the Genius versus the Mini?

I noticed that WOW has modified versions of the Mini CP with the Genius main gear - in that respect, the Genius appears to be better.

Are the fixed landing skids on the Genius a real PITA? Do they break easily?

IndoorHeli - do you think it'd be possible to "sweep the floor" with a Genius or is it not as stable?
OrbitalGolem is offline Find More Posts by OrbitalGolem
Old Mar 07, 2012, 11:31 AM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Genius is not near as stable in 3 axis for hands off hovering and yes the lg is a PITA and way more fragile than the mini's

Wow has modified mini's to make more money

Yes the genius can sweep the floor(mcpx can too)...but the mini for me is almost effortless to do it. I can let it fly in a large enough area for a full battery inverted with no input as it wont fall out of the hover.
indoorheli is online now Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Old Mar 07, 2012, 11:47 AM
Farmer
United States, CA
Joined Oct 2011
927 Posts
I love my genius cp it was fun, but after buying the mcpx v2 I will never go back. I dont get where people say the mini cp has more power then the mcpx v2 stock. Im guesing they do not know how to break in motors or lipos which is the leading cause of poor performance..

Mcpx 3 axis is much more stable and crisper then one might think..

Just like any heli no matter what brand price ect ect if not set up correctly will fly like a pos.

They all three fly great but in the end the mcpx is a killer but prefer gcp indoors lol

Here is a video of my (STOCK MCPX V2)

Lovin this thing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMx5K...e_gdata_player

Here is video of my (BRUSHLESS GCP)

Walkera Genius Cp (1 min 10 sec)

straight out the box from wowhobbies

Some indoor flying GCP

Walkera Genius Cp Indoor 3D plus blade scraping (3 min 46 sec)

Great heli to

Farmer
f.a.r.m.e.r is offline Find More Posts by f.a.r.m.e.r
Last edited by f.a.r.m.e.r; Mar 07, 2012 at 12:03 PM.
Old Mar 07, 2012, 12:00 PM
Farmer
United States, CA
Joined Oct 2011
927 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrbitalGolem View Post
Great comparison info here. I've seen a lot of chat in this thread pertaining to the Mini CP and MCPx - wanted to throw the question about the Genius CP back out there. The Mini CP is driving down the costs of the Genius significantly and I don't mind being a generation behind (particularly when it comes to Walkera ), any thoughts about stability of the Genius versus the Mini?

I noticed that WOW has modified versions of the Mini CP with the Genius main gear - in that respect, the Genius appears to be better.

IndoorHeli - do you think it'd be possible to "sweep the floor" with a Genius or is it not as stable?
Genius cp is great for sweeping the floor all day long

Walkera Genius Cp Indoor 3D plus blade scraping (3 min 46 sec)

So is the v120d02s

Walkera V120D02S Super Stable (5 min 58 sec)

Farmer
f.a.r.m.e.r is offline Find More Posts by f.a.r.m.e.r
Old Mar 07, 2012, 12:21 PM
Joined Feb 2012
53 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrbitalGolem View Post

I went with the mini cp because it is sturdier than the genius cp from what I read in other threads, you can crash it in anyway and 95% of the time it'll just keep working (w/ throttle cut of course).
The only things to look out for on the mini cp are the stripped servos (easily done with saver mod) and maybe reinforce the canopy where it meets the skid thing (but mine was already reinforced out of the box). And I can't think of other things, anybody have other areas the mini cp is lacking strength?
Marioinc is offline Find More Posts by Marioinc
Old Mar 07, 2012, 12:24 PM
Joined Jan 2012
555 Posts
Agreed about the V120D02s - I'm drooling over that one daily. I almost pulled the trigger on one yesterday - my FP experience with a V120D01 has brainwashed me into a D02s eventually.

Not to go off-topic, but in your experience, would a V120D02s be a good transitional CP outside heli for someone with good FP skills with the V120D01?

Quote:
Originally Posted by f.a.r.m.e.r View Post
Genius cp is great for sweeping the floor all day long

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJfA6...e_gdata_player

So is the v120d02s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNgM-...e_gdata_player

Farmer
OrbitalGolem is offline Find More Posts by OrbitalGolem