HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 19, 2012, 08:38 PM
The Netherlands, OV, Steenwijk
Joined Apr 2011
71 Posts
Hi gupedroso,

the settings for the EE antenna tracker are stored in the plane (OSD Pro). You have to calibrate the tracker for all planes. From my experience it is easier to start with one plane, run there all tracker calibrations and copy this plane to the other one. Later I have only to adapt some small plane specific settings for servo wizard, the Guardian and RTH.

Hope this helps.
Sascha

Quote:
Originally Posted by guipedroso View Post
Guys, i have four planes with ET installed in and the eagle eyes on ground.

I would like to know if, for each plane, is needed to setup the Antenna Tracking...

Where does the antenna tracking settings are stored in? On the Ground Station or into the OSD/Elogger?

Cheers!
VRquaeler is offline Find More Posts by VRquaeler
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 19, 2012, 09:27 PM
Brasil, PR, Curitiba
Joined Apr 2010
199 Posts
Dude, thanks a lot!

I supposed that the tracking parameters were writen into OSD/Elogger, I was waiting for a confirmation.

Your trick to load the parameters from a pre configured one is awesome! This solve all my problems!

Thanks a lot.

Guilherme

Quote:
Originally Posted by VRquaeler View Post
Hi gupedroso,

the settings for the EE antenna tracker are stored in the plane (OSD Pro). You have to calibrate the tracker for all planes. From my experience it is easier to start with one plane, run there all tracker calibrations and copy this plane to the other one. Later I have only to adapt some small plane specific settings for servo wizard, the Guardian and RTH.

Hope this helps.
Sascha
guipedroso is offline Find More Posts by guipedroso
Old Mar 20, 2012, 12:25 PM
Ridgeway, Co.
Joined Dec 2007
132 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostheli View Post
I was told that this is in the works.

Hopefully it hasn't been forgotten.
Ok thanks I was messing around with all 3 aircraft that have ET gear and was getting frustrated with not getting the AHI on the PC panel to function....nice to know its not me. I hope it won't be forgotten as my Laptop is used under my monitor for the gauges during my flights and like to have the OSD off most of the time but not if I lose the AHI.

@ Billpa, any idea on time frame for a working AHI on the PC panel.
FPVpilot is offline Find More Posts by FPVpilot
Old Mar 20, 2012, 01:49 PM
ScratchCrasher
Greece, Central Macedonia, Thessalonika
Joined Jun 2008
579 Posts
Keep in mind that apart from AHI, RSSI and second and third voltage monitoring do not display properly with the PC panel either. I also use the PC when flying, but I am not confident that these will be resolved pretty soon, because when I asked BillPa about the correct RSSI and voltages display, he said this is not high on the priority list, because most people are not using the PC panel when flying FPV.
sfakias is offline Find More Posts by sfakias
Old Mar 20, 2012, 05:23 PM
Registered Abuser
Joined Nov 2010
573 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfakias View Post
Keep in mind that apart from AHI, RSSI and second and third voltage monitoring do not display properly with the PC panel either. I also use the PC when flying, but I am not confident that these will be resolved pretty soon, because when I asked BillPa about the correct RSSI and voltages display, he said this is not high on the priority list, because most people are not using the PC panel when flying FPV.

What was it that one of their banner ads said? "Don't fly without your gauges!"
But basically what he told you was, 'don't expect to fly with these gauges anytime soon'.

That's too bad that he feels that way because that pc panel (that I thought would actually work) was the reason that I went with Eagle Tree.
lostheli is offline Find More Posts by lostheli
Old Mar 20, 2012, 06:54 PM
Wichita
Joined Dec 2008
1,143 Posts
I have one plane with a gas motor. It has ppm setup & works great.
Now I'm trying to set up a Radain with ppm, & the throttle doesn't work. It shows it works in the ppm setup page & shows it works on the OSD screen with servo defection showing, but still no throttle. This plane is a stock Radain.
I'm using a elogger v3 & OSD pro, gps v4, & guardian.
Servos work, just no throttle?
Thanks Marc
Pixturethis is offline Find More Posts by Pixturethis
Old Mar 20, 2012, 11:48 PM
Member #1
Australia, NSW, Picnic Point
Joined Aug 2011
6,890 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_beeson View Post
I can understand your aprehension, but just trust me on it, and set the three settings outlined above to the default.

Let me know the results.
Trust you he says!

I engaged RTH and it nose dived within about 15 meters off the ground I got it back in time! I've put everything back as normal and I'll try again then work from there. I'm hoping all I get is the zig zagging again. That's find by me!
Teamsherman is offline Find More Posts by Teamsherman
Old Mar 21, 2012, 01:24 AM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,390 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamsherman View Post
Trust you he says!

I engaged RTH and it nose dived within about 15 meters off the ground I got it back in time! I've put everything back as normal and I'll try again then work from there. I'm hoping all I get is the zig zagging again. That's find by me!
When I am testing and calibrating, I give my RTH altitude a little buffer. at least 400'.

I never let it continue in an eroneous path. You should intervene as soon as you see something is wrong.

As for the diving:

Decreasing Pitch derivative gain should not have caused that. the only thing that makes sense is that you don't have a very large throw on your elevator, and pitch porportional gain is still a little low.

If it doesn't porpoise then leave it.

It's difficult to dial a plane in without any hands on, but i'm willing to continue if you are...
m_beeson is offline Find More Posts by m_beeson
Old Mar 21, 2012, 02:49 AM
Member #1
Joined Aug 2011
6,890 Posts
Yeah sure, I'll patch her up tonight and try again Sunday morning hopefully.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 05:02 AM
Member #1
Joined Aug 2011
6,890 Posts
Here is the video of my RTH engaging. The settings are in the picture about a page earlier than this one, and they have been slightly changed for this flight where i tested it again.

Just at the last second of the clip, i took over control of the plane to save it from a certain death.

http://vimeo.com/38907507
Last edited by Teamsherman; Mar 21, 2012 at 05:45 AM.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 09:55 AM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,390 Posts
yep, definately increase pitch proportional gain.
m_beeson is offline Find More Posts by m_beeson
Old Mar 21, 2012, 12:28 PM
Washougal, Washington, United States
Joined Jan 2004
1,390 Posts
Looks to me like the aileron turn is way too abrupt.
balsabuster2004 is offline Find More Posts by balsabuster2004
Old Mar 21, 2012, 12:43 PM
Moderately Dangerous
United States, CA, Chico
Joined Apr 2011
1,057 Posts
Do you have any rudder input, or are you turning 100% by ailerons?
TwoHeadsBrewing is offline Find More Posts by TwoHeadsBrewing
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: UHF / 1.3ghz Relay Stations
Old Mar 21, 2012, 02:17 PM
Member #1
Joined Aug 2011
6,890 Posts
In normal flight i have Ailerion/rudder mix. But that mix is obviously on the radio and not the plane so it isnt using rudder on the plane when its being flown by the OSD.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 02:28 PM
Moderately Dangerous
United States, CA, Chico
Joined Apr 2011
1,057 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamsherman View Post
In normal flight i have Ailerion/rudder mix. But that mix is obviously on the radio and not the plane so it isnt using rudder on the plane when its being flown by the OSD.
I have had good results flying with a Y-Cable on the "Ail Out" going to both Aileron and Rudder servos. This essentially makes a 1:1 aileron/rudder mix. You could also connect your rudder servo to the "Ail Out" on the OSD for rudder only turns. You'll definitely need to have rudder steering for RTH to work, or dial in some up elevator in the servo analysis.
TwoHeadsBrewing is offline Find More Posts by TwoHeadsBrewing
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: UHF / 1.3ghz Relay Stations