HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 01, 2012, 12:31 PM
Should've, Would've, Could've
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,703 Posts
I've got stuff stuck in NY customs since last wk and prolly won't get em for awhile, im sure that your case Orvel. Aros plane most likely went through SF customs being that it's west coast and the faster 4day shipping. I've noticed that if I use the slower shopping 2-3wks it goes through NY.
v8truckin is online now Find More Posts by v8truckin
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 01, 2012, 01:18 PM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,346 Posts
Yes screws come with the new hub. I used my old 1.7 Corsair's motor base plate to double-up on the existing base plate (per BM's solution to move the whole prop/hub forward and away from the cowl/dummy motor) and there's a nice half-inch clearance now away from everything. That should completely solve that issue.

dmyers0403, BH wouldn't know of any new 1.7 Corsair because to them, there isn't one. This version does not qualify as a new version, it's simply an updated part (hub). Unless you are talking about the new dihedral fix...Then yes they should totally be aware of that.

Also, yes, my shipping came via west coast...
Aros is offline Find More Posts by Aros
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 01, 2012, 03:08 PM
Joined Jan 2011
381 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmyers0403 View Post
Out of curiosity I sent an email to BH asking when they planned on stocking the new 1.7m Corsair. They responded that they had no knowledge of a new 1.7m Corsair from FMS. However they assured me they could send me a 1.4m Corsair.

I did respond that there was a 1.7m Corsair available from other named sources but it did not change their second response!!

Oh Well-- I tried. :-(
Good ole Bannanarama!!!!! They sure are on top of things aren't they??? Oh.... Maybe they didn't have anything to do with bringing this model to us to enjoy I know!!!!.... Their too busy trying to figure out how to raise prices without anyone noticing.....
warbirdfan2 is offline Find More Posts by warbirdfan2
Old Nov 01, 2012, 04:12 PM
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,703 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by warbirdfan2 View Post
Good ole Bannanarama!!!!! They sure are on top of things aren't they??? Oh.... Maybe they didn't have anything to do with bringing this model to us to enjoy I know!!!!.... Their too busy trying to figure out how to raise prices without anyone noticing.....
ya funny how they say they work with so and so to help bring us blah blah blah and put their BlitzRcWorks badge on the box, but have no idea. I also called em when Aros 1st received his original corsair w the screwed up dehidryal and they said the same, no idea and gave me the item # to the 1400mm. Lol!
Old Nov 01, 2012, 05:55 PM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,346 Posts
There's a reason FMS is looking for an alternative US distributor...They are taking suggestions...So far I told them Hobby Lobby, HobbyTown USA would be the best bet.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 01, 2012, 06:18 PM
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,703 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aros View Post
There's a reason FMS is looking for an alternative US distributor...They are taking suggestions...So far I told them Hobby Lobby, HobbyTown USA would be the best bet.
Maybe you should be a distributor! Tack on another $60-80 for a custom scheme with callie graphics and you got yourself a lil side business going.
Old Nov 01, 2012, 06:21 PM
Joined Jan 2011
381 Posts
How about Hobby Zone? I always thought that they were affiliated with Horizon, but sometime back they started carrying the lines that Tower hobbys sell. Maybe someone like VQ warbirds. I don't know if any of these guys are interested or big enough , but I just thought I would throw that out there.... Troy Built Models....??? Anyone with some stability would be great. I just got an email from TBM saying that prices are going to increase. They said they are holding prices till Feb 1. Wouldn't it have been much better received if BH had done something like that? OK I'm done.....For now.....
Old Nov 01, 2012, 06:23 PM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,346 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8truckin View Post
Maybe you should be a distributor! Tack on another $60-80 for a custom scheme with callie graphics and you got yourself a lil side business going.
Hmmmmmm..... <<rubbing chin>>
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 01, 2012, 06:28 PM
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,703 Posts
Quote:
Hmmmmmm..... <<rubbing chin>>
lol! you've already got your foot in the door...
Old Nov 01, 2012, 06:28 PM
Cape Coral, Fl
Joined Jan 2010
1,261 Posts
Interesting idea for Aros - could you be trusted with all those boxes..LOL. Would your garage be large enough or your living room...how about your Master bedroom. I'd be in if you did it.

Seriously - never had a problem with Nitro and were much better in the spare department.

Hink
Hink64 is offline Find More Posts by Hink64
Old Nov 01, 2012, 06:37 PM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,346 Posts
Yeah, I highly doubt the wife would let me stock dozens upon dozens of boxes in the garage or living room, LOL. If only I had a giant detached garage/workspace. Then you might be on to something!
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 01, 2012, 06:37 PM
Joined Jan 2011
381 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hink64 View Post
Interesting idea for Aros - could you be trusted with all those boxes..LOL. Would your garage be large enough or your living room...how about your Master bedroom. I'd be in if you did it.

Seriously - never had a problem with Nitro and were much better in the spare department.

Hink
I agree with the Nitro statement..... Always had great service with nitro, faster shipping,faster confirmation, better shopping satisfaction. I'm not privy to the inside info, but I was really upset when FMS dropped them.
Old Nov 01, 2012, 06:44 PM
Ldm
United States, PA, Conestoga
Joined Jun 2006
8,217 Posts
two other great distributors that can work together on MOQs

Thomas from VQ airplanes in Houston Texas & TBM /Troy Built Models located in Florida ,they currently sell ESM 70" plus plane .
Great guys great service
Ldm is online now Find More Posts by Ldm
Old Nov 01, 2012, 06:47 PM
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,703 Posts
Quote:
Yeah, I highly doubt the wife would let me stock dozens upon dozens of boxes in the garage or living room, LOL. If only I had a giant detached garage/workspace. Then you might be on to something!
Wow! Already at it, thats a true hobbyist...you painting maniac
Old Nov 01, 2012, 06:49 PM
Joined Jan 2011
381 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldm View Post
Thomas from VQ airplanes in Houston Texas & TBM /Troy Built Models located in Florida ,they currently sell ESM 70" plus plane .
Great guys great service
See... I'm not the only one thinking that.... must be a PA thing