HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 07, 2012, 10:39 AM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,937 Posts
It is not a virus. I and several others have dedicated netbooks/notebooks that we use only for our obsession with multicoptors. We have installed GS with no issues. Make sure that you got a hardware specific SN which will allow you to activate the GS from the WKM Assistant. I am assuming that you have Data Link and are not just loading GS for S&G.
Tahoe Ed is offline Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Landing Gear Reset S800
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 07, 2012, 10:49 AM
Joined May 2005
1,185 Posts
I have not adjusted anything in my GUI from computer.

When I fly it`s very sensitive and will not hover still.
Only fly fast on the direction it tilts in. (like an acrobatic helicopter)

This is in Manual mode !!
Have not tested ATTI mode yet, when I hold my copter in my hand and activate ATT mode, the motor RPM change from fast to ultra fast...
I have not got the nerve to tested this yet because I`m inside and afraid something wrong could happen and I hit the roof and break my wookong

This is my very first time use of both a hex and the DJI .
So every mode, and every flight setup\flight behavior is very new to me.

Last question, can I start from ground in ATT mode and GPS mode?

cheers
liteglow is offline Find More Posts by liteglow
Old Jan 07, 2012, 11:04 AM
Multi-Rotor Mad
UK
Joined Jul 2010
410 Posts
Yes you should really be taking off in Atti mode , Manual can be a handful .
QuadcoptersUk is offline Find More Posts by QuadcoptersUk
Old Jan 07, 2012, 11:25 AM
Joined Dec 2010
501 Posts
Seems like a lot of DJI birds fall of the sky lately.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=KOH3SEnOg6c

DJI Octo Down (1 min 36 sec)
redridinghood is offline Find More Posts by redridinghood
Old Jan 07, 2012, 11:34 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2003
3,272 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by redridinghood View Post
Seems like a lot of DJI birds fall of the sky lately.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=KOH3SEnOg6c

http://vimeo.com/34691998
@ Vimeo Vid... That's not nice to see, but that look's a lot different to what people have been describing which was flipping and lack of control, this is my view look's more like a low battery situation.. All motor's still running and no flipping but not enough power to fly or correct it's attitude.
topgearuk is offline Find More Posts by topgearuk
Old Jan 07, 2012, 11:42 AM
Lake Zurich, IL
Joined Jan 2008
5,654 Posts
I thought RTRyder has a bad esc he later found out. But, to some people the "seems like a lot" can be with other agenda in mind rather than trying to know the cause(s). topgearuk, I will get back to you still on vacation here.
sidneyw is offline Find More Posts by sidneyw
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 07, 2012, 11:56 AM
Joined Dec 2010
501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by topgearuk View Post
@ Vimeo Vid... That's not nice to see, but that look's a lot different to what people have been describing which was flipping and lack of control, this is my view look's more like a low battery situation.. All motor's still running and no flipping but not enough power to fly or correct it's attitude.
I see no flashes though. But you must be right
Old Jan 07, 2012, 11:59 AM
Joined Dec 2010
501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidneyw View Post
I thought RTRyder has a bad esc he later found out. But, to some people the "seems like a lot" can be with other agenda in mind rather than trying to know the cause(s). topgearuk, I will get back to you still on vacation here.
Was just stating that we have 5 counting mine falling from the sky in the first few days of 2012.
I don't appreciate your rude comment. Go fix the malfunctioning gimblal and stop accusing people that they are out to get you.
Old Jan 07, 2012, 12:12 PM
Joined Dec 2010
501 Posts
Oh another one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=nf_ftbxVoUU
Old Jan 07, 2012, 12:19 PM
Joined May 2005
1,185 Posts
Think that I had calibrated my gyro wrong way the first test...

Anyway, I was at my work right now and tested for first time my HEX :-)
Manual mode was smoooth as a Frisbee
And ATTI mode was like flying a HEX hanging in a rope

very impressed about the DJI after first test.
Because of the freezing cold weather I have not tested GPS mode.

Anyway, thanx for all help :-)
liteglow is offline Find More Posts by liteglow
Old Jan 07, 2012, 12:31 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,937 Posts
I am an early adopter. Mine was one of the first shipped out. I have had zero problems and have spent many hours here trying to help others get theirs to work like mine does. I will say that most of the issues here are either set up or pilot errors. When I make a mistake I admit it. It seems that there are a few here that are unwilling to take the time to discover what the actual issue is and correct it. It is a lot easier to blame DJI and Sidney than fix the problem. I am not a DJI fanboy. My system works and works better than my MK.

There are a few here that have posted that haven't even read the manual through and understand what it says. Get off your a$$ and become a student of your sport. Don't expect the rest of us to spoon feed you the information we have had to learn and you are unwilling to dig for. We are willing to help but do your homework first. Understand the FC and your transmitter/receiver. Learn how to program your esc's.

Sorry for the rant but sometimes the quality of the questions and the response to the help gets me. This is supposed to be fun. So go have some.
Tahoe Ed is offline Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Landing Gear Reset S800
Old Jan 07, 2012, 12:32 PM
Joined Feb 2005
2,608 Posts
liteglow, glad you have it worked out. You can take off in atti mode.

Ok, here is another boring maiden flight video that I made this morning. It was a little windy but I'm going to set it up indoors first. The flight was with default settings. I was getting some oscillation. First I will adjust IMU Z axis for best results and then gain adjustment. The indoor setup will be my no wind configuration. I hope to setup different configs for different wind conditions. Just load and fly. I was drawing 48a, 700watts in a hover. My RTF weight was 4.135 kgs, with FPV gear installed but not powered. Axi 2814/22 motors, Xoar 13x6.5 props, 4s 8000mah, HK 30a blue series escs(high timing,16khz switching freq.), Dragon link UHF. On board video with a JVC HD Everio(no JVC stabilization) and helmet cam was Hero2.

I hope they will make the MC accept PPM input in the future. A one wire hook up is better.

WKM Hexa maiden flight 7Jan2012 (2 min 1 sec)
Buffythesaint is offline Find More Posts by Buffythesaint
Old Jan 07, 2012, 12:48 PM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Jul 2011
106 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed View Post
I am an early adopter. Mine was one of the first shipped out. I have had zero problems and have spent many hours here trying to help others get theirs to work like mine does. I will say that most of the issues here are either set up or pilot errors. When I make a mistake I admit it. It seems that there are a few here that are unwilling to take the time to discover what the actual issue is and correct it. It is a lot easier to blame DJI and Sidney than fix the problem. I am not a DJI fanboy. My system works and works better than my MK.

There are a few here that have posted that haven't even read the manual through and understand what it says. Get off your a$$ and become a student of your sport. Don't expect the rest of us to spoon feed you the information we have had to learn and you are unwilling to dig for. We are willing to help but do your homework first. Understand the FC and your transmitter/receiver. Learn how to program your sec's.

Sorry for the rant but sometimes the quality of the questions and the response to the help gets me. This is supposed to be fun. So go have some.
well said….+1
exopackshiu is offline Find More Posts by exopackshiu
Old Jan 07, 2012, 12:57 PM
Who dares wins
Deutschland, HE, Nidderau
Joined Oct 2011
88 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by redridinghood View Post
Life could be so easy: Throttle -10% should be "motor off", regardless of manuall/att/gps and anything else which could start the motors.

And then the old "intelligent" behaviour. This could satisfy both sides.

Bernd
freebyte is offline Find More Posts by freebyte
Old Jan 07, 2012, 01:02 PM
USA, CA, Oakland
Joined Nov 2009
1,332 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed View Post

There are a few here that have posted that haven't even read the manual through and understand what it says. Get off your a$$ and become a student of your sport. Don't expect the rest of us to spoon feed you the information we have had to learn and you are unwilling to dig for. We are willing to help but do your homework first. Understand the FC and your transmitter/receiver. Learn how to program your esc's.

+2! RTFM

Btw, all the videos of DJI's dropping out of the sky are user errors, including mine :-)
llbr22 is online now Find More Posts by llbr22