SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 18, 2010, 02:42 AM
Where did Steve go ?
Alexandra
Joined Jul 2007
3,311 Posts
More pics.. Cool always fun to get home and see heaps of photo's. Mal is an interesting fellow all his planes except one are scratch built. This little twin played lawn dart in the mud and came away unscathed.

MOre more more
flyingrally is offline Find More Posts by flyingrally
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 18, 2010, 03:40 AM
Australia, VIC, Keysborough
Joined Jun 2004
2,059 Posts
Flying display of heli's was as usual quite spectacular. One thing I hadn't seen before was the upside down landing with the Heli, which I saw displayed twice on the weekend. I was convinced he ran out of battery power the first time I saw it. This might catch on, future design of helies might do away with landing skids.
Well done Shane.
Still my vote for best flying display goes again for Bill with his Salto. It looks to me that since the last repair he has become more daring, awesome Bill
Cheers
Knut
AeroNut45 is online now Find More Posts by AeroNut45
Old Oct 18, 2010, 04:45 PM
de-registered abuser
Lake Macquarie, Aust.
Joined Dec 2002
14,167 Posts
Cool shots guys, and great crash sequence aero! (well not so great for the owner I assume!)

Any more details on the red tucano PC-whatever? Me likey!

I saw Bills salto at camperdown a couple of years back and it is still one of the most awesome planes I have seen fly, the thing is an absolute beast!
gouch is offline Find More Posts by gouch
Old Oct 18, 2010, 05:55 PM
building building building!
Melbourne Australia
Joined Jun 2006
5,122 Posts
As far as I can remember the tucano (the big one) was a phoenix model, 1.20 size? Pretty sure it belongs to Wayne from Addies Hobbies. Is that right Knut?

Gouch, I dunno how you get anything sharp at 1/80. I deleted soooo many shots. The windy conditions didn't help much. But was good to a nice record of some of the planes that were there.
aerophilia is online now Find More Posts by aerophilia
Old Oct 18, 2010, 10:59 PM
de-registered abuser
Lake Macquarie, Aust.
Joined Dec 2002
14,167 Posts
It's 120 size?, even better!

I agree with you on the pogo, that's another cool new plane. nasty looking Li-Po meltdown after impact!

Yeah the wind really messes up slow shutter stuff for sure. It not only bounces the planes around, but the lens becomes a big wind sock too. And it looks like it was a very windy day going off the sock!
Apart from my slow shutter slope shots that I am lucky enough to snag, my only keepers really come on calm days only.
Oh, and I manage to get a couple sharpish ones because I shoot a LOT of images, at 1/80th I reckon I'm only good for 1 or 2 in 10 to be honest. If I was still shooting film, I'd be broke......well more broke!

You sure that isn't Me_wantees house you stayed at?
gouch is offline Find More Posts by gouch
Old Oct 18, 2010, 11:52 PM
Melbourne Australia
Joined Jun 2006
5,122 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gouch View Post

You sure that isn't Me_wantees house you stayed at?
I knew I recognised the guy at reception!!
Old Oct 19, 2010, 12:57 AM
Australia, VIC, Keysborough
Joined Jun 2004
2,059 Posts
Yes Justin that is right it is a PC21 and runs on a 63mm Himark outrunner. I am almost sure it was on 12S.
Here is a couple more pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerophilia View Post
As far as I can remember the tucano (the big one) was a phoenix model, 1.20 size? Pretty sure it belongs to Wayne from Addies Hobbies. Is that right Knut?.
AeroNut45 is online now Find More Posts by AeroNut45
Old Oct 19, 2010, 01:02 AM
Melbourne Australia
Joined Jun 2006
5,122 Posts
Thanks Knut. Was a very nice looking plane. And flew very smoothly.