SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Yesterday, 08:19 AM
Find More Posts by Xyrax
United States, NJ, Lincoln Park
Joined Sep 2010
2 Posts
Discussion
Connect charger to hybrid car battery

Hey all. I'm hoping someone can confirm whether or not this is "safe".

I drive a 2013 Camry Hybrid. While at the field, I'm curious if anyone has every tried powering their RC charger from the lead acid battery in the trunk of the car. I would be limiting it to 3 cell Lipos charging at 1C (2-3 amps max).

Given the difference in a Hybrids electrical system, I want to know if the inverter that takes care of charging the lead acid battery would experience any potential damage as a result of powering my RC charger from the lead acid battery.
Xyrax is offline Find More Posts by Xyrax
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 09:47 PM
Find More Posts by Ira NZ
Bombs away! Err...landing
Upper Hutt, New Zealand
Joined Apr 2006
2,684 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyrax View Post
Given the difference in a Hybrids electrical system, I want to know if the inverter that takes care of charging the lead acid battery would experience any potential damage as a result of powering my RC charger from the lead acid battery.
You're worried that a 2-3 amp load on a system designed to handle 100 amp peak down to a few amps for lighting and accessories loads is going to damage it?

I don't think it's even going to notice.
Ira NZ is offline Find More Posts by Ira NZ