New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 23, 2015, 08:30 PM
Find More Posts by pdooley
You can call me Pat
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined Dec 2013
1,171 Posts
Jeff, I learned from the Century guys that suspect blade grip bearings can feel smooth sitting static but almost bind up under rotating force. You probably already know that but just throwing it out there..
pdooley is offline Find More Posts by pdooley
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 24, 2015, 01:05 AM
Find More Posts by Atomic Skull
Joined Dec 2011
3,711 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Border Lord View Post
Hi AS

Thanks for that, useful info.
I am still not sure if it is the swash at fault. I have a new Garrt swash on the way, if that cures the problem, might go with the Helioption as a long term solution.
Looks like the small bearings that support the gimbal are user serviceable.
Would you know if the big one between the two sections is as well?
This model has flown so well with very little mods, I think it has earned itself a little bling.

Watch this space

Jeff
Swashplates with user serviceable bearings like the KDS and SAB ones have three screws in the bottom with heads that overlap the outside ring of the bearing and lock it in place and I don't see that on the Helioption swashplate.

I'm pretty sure an Agile5.5 / Innova 550/600 swashplate would fit though. You'd just have to replace the 5mm KDS balls with 4.7mm Align ones. As with the Innova and Agile tail grips the only difference between the swashplates seems to be the price, other than that they are the same part.

HK shows the old style Innova swash but they are actually shipping the new style one.

Atomic Skull is offline Find More Posts by Atomic Skull
Last edited by Atomic Skull; Mar 24, 2015 at 01:13 AM.
Old Mar 24, 2015, 06:29 AM
Find More Posts by Border Lord
South London United Kingdom
Joined Jun 2003
1,499 Posts
Hi All

Pat
Thanks for the tip. Can't detect any problems with the blade grips, but a possibility.
I do know I have play in the swash, so that would be my first port of call.
Currently got one on a row boat from China. Going to change that first see if it works before chasing anything else.
BTW, how's your 550 going, hint, hint!

AS
Thanks for all that info, but I have found a snag.
Looking at the specs, seems the Innova uses an 11mm mainshaft, where the HK550 is only 10mm.
Means the KDS one won't fit.
Good thought anyway.

Cheers

Jeff
Border Lord is online now Find More Posts by Border Lord
Old Mar 24, 2015, 09:16 PM
Find More Posts by Atomic Skull
Joined Dec 2011
3,711 Posts
Quote:

AS
Thanks for all that info, but I have found a snag.
Looking at the specs, seems the Innova uses an 11mm mainshaft, where the HK550 is only 10mm.
Means the KDS one won't fit.
Good thought anyway.

Cheers

Jeff
According to the Innova 600 V2 manual the mainshaft bearings are 10x19x5 so I'm pretty sure that HK got that wrong. Unless the manual is wrong which I doubt (it is wrong about the size of the tail grip bearings which are listed as the wrong size in the diagram but the correct size in the parts list sidebar)

I have an Innova 700 which uses a 12mm mainshaft so I don't have an example handy to compare however I am 99% sure that the manual is right and HK is wrong.

Weird thing about the Innova 600 and 700 is that the one way hub and tail belt drive pulley is the same on both with the 600 having them ride on a 10x12mm sleeve and the 700 having the one way hub and pulley riding directly on the mainshaft.
Atomic Skull is offline Find More Posts by Atomic Skull
Old Mar 24, 2015, 09:26 PM
Find More Posts by pdooley
You can call me Pat
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined Dec 2013
1,171 Posts
Quote:
Hi All

Pat
Thanks for the tip. Can't detect any problems with the blade grips, but a possibility.
BTW, how's your 550 going, hint, hint!

Jeff
All the pieces are in to get it done, but I have been flying the "other" 550 for now.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=2046
I really would like to finish the HK550 to see how they compare though.
But then this is on the way too:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...ostcount=15051

So the time frame for the HK550 is uncertain
pdooley is offline Find More Posts by pdooley