HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 25, 2015, 05:47 PM
Magyarország, Pest, Budaörs
Joined May 2011
283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DucknDive View Post
Ok. I probably am naive Oli, I really know zip all about gimbals but perhaps I will be learning more soon. The fact I said I'm reluctant to change the way the gimbal was set up when I received it is just a reflection of the fact I'm sure whoever put it together knows far more than me, however I'll be guided by Ltomi and the other knowledgable posters such as yourself.
I do not want to OFF here...so I give my answer in support thread in details.

But in short.....the shakes easily comes from you mini..as it has to lift more weight..it need to balance perfectly the props and setup the FC also regarding gains.

The plane smoother...not shakes....the bounce is comes when the turning degree reach the limit of the gimbal frame....I write the solution in support thread
Ltomi78 is online now Find More Posts by Ltomi78
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 26, 2015, 01:38 AM
OlliW
Joined Sep 2009
2,152 Posts
DucknDive
I apologize for my wording, I didn't meant to be rude. I wanted to indicate that there are plenty other factors which come in, and not just the tuning of the gimbal controller, and they all can't be foreseen because they depend heavily on e.g. the particular aircraft.
Olli
OlliW is online now Find More Posts by OlliW
Old Jan 26, 2015, 02:09 AM
Spotty Herbert
United Kingdom
Joined Oct 2012
102 Posts
That's ok Oli, I didn't take it as rudeness at all, I think your comment is fair that some people will naively assume these things are a straight bolt on and go fly deal and I'm sure I was in that category. But I also have no problem at all with needing to tweak and tune systems to get the best from them, that's part of the joy of this hobby and I'm learning more each day I read this thread or play with my gimbal.
DucknDive is offline Find More Posts by DucknDive
Old Jan 27, 2015, 06:25 PM
RC Logger Support
United States, WV, Hurricane
Joined Jan 2010
3,364 Posts
Some raw footage from a flight in the demo cage at the AMA Expo.

Make sure to watch with 1080p selected.
RC Logger X1 Micro Brushless Gimbal AMA Expo Flight (4 min 38 sec)
jlcamp7 is offline Find More Posts by jlcamp7
Old Yesterday, 01:53 AM
OlliW
Joined Sep 2009
2,152 Posts
GREAT!
looks really good

two concerns though

good indoor video is a good demonstration, but outdoor + with a bit more of flying action would be a bit more of a challenge and hence a bit more of a demonstration

why is this a micro gimbal ... "micro gimbal" was used before by others for key chain camera gimbals (e.g. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...s-Gimbal-HILFE) ... so these have now to be called nano gimbals, a GoPro gimbals are then mini gimbals ... or even better, to be on the safe side, the key chain gimbals become femto gimbals, the mobius gimbals pico gimbals, and - hey - how cool, a GoPro gimbal is then a nano gimbal and a tiny thing like a red epic gimbal is then still a mini gimbal ... quite big then your micro gimbal, right LOL
OlliW is online now Find More Posts by OlliW
Old Yesterday, 02:17 PM
Joined Nov 2014
10 Posts
I just received my gimbal by Ltomi78 and there's no instructions so maybe someone can help. I have a DJI Phantom FC40. I mounted the plate where the factory camera attached, I have no idea how to orient it, so I point the tab that sticks out towards the front.

I did not attach a camera yet, but plugged in the gimbal to the battery and it went through some contortions and jitters and twists all over the place tangle the wire. Is this normal. Also, how do I attach the Mobius? Velcro, crazy glue?
buellwinkle is offline Find More Posts by buellwinkle
Old Yesterday, 03:05 PM
Magyarország, Pest, Budaörs
Joined May 2011
283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by buellwinkle View Post
I just received my gimbal by Ltomi78 and there's no instructions so maybe someone can help. I have a DJI Phantom FC40. I mounted the plate where the factory camera attached, I have no idea how to orient it, so I point the tab that sticks out towards the front.

I did not attach a camera yet, but plugged in the gimbal to the battery and it went through some contortions and jitters and twists all over the place tangle the wire. Is this normal. Also, how do I attach the Mobius? Velcro, crazy glue?
HI!
Sorry for no printed manual...but I made a detailed one ...you can find also in productpage the link at Ebay. We thought it is the fastest way to inform our buyers..and we can make updates through an online guide.

Without the camera the gimbal not works...no gimbal works without the counterweight so that was normal.

You can find here all things about attaching and more...

MANUAL (read me!): http://www.ebay.co.uk/gds/Coptercent...4650447/g.html

note, your gimbal is RTF and precalibrated...so you can start with mounting section...than read power on section (pay attention to NOTES!)...and please read the comments also under and on the pictures! all things are important
any question ask me at support thread or mail
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2325358

the pictrues attached below only example..your sensor are at the back as default.

of course you can use double sided tape to mount without the bracket...its provide you saving weight 10 g as you no use the bracket...
Always keep in mind put your camera in balanced position... which changes as you choose different mounting options.
Ltomi78 is online now Find More Posts by Ltomi78
Last edited by Ltomi78; Today at 06:07 AM. Reason: pitch connection picture