HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 23, 2008, 07:46 PM
upland CA
Joined Dec 2004
7,015 Posts
Discussion
Micro Blade mCX from Eflite

Any body seen what E flite has comming? I just found out today this is comming (I will post a date when I get it) they even have glow in the dark add on parts for night flying!
Scott
http://www.airlandhobbies.com/catalo...5178673612.htm
turbonut is online now Find More Posts by turbonut
Last edited by turbonut; Oct 23, 2008 at 06:09 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 23, 2008, 09:11 PM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,075 Posts
Hey that actually looks pretty cool

Be sure to post when you have a date - I figure, probably in time to be back-ordered before Christmas
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Old Jul 23, 2008, 11:03 PM
Victim of C.D.O.
United States, TX, Lubbock
Joined Oct 2007
4,057 Posts
My LHS always has Vapor and Ember planes floating around it as employees demo them. I can see this thing joining them.

Looks really cool!
murdnunoc is offline Find More Posts by murdnunoc
Old Jul 24, 2008, 12:36 AM
Northern Cali
Joined Sep 2003
1,317 Posts
Too bad it is a coaxial bird but I guess it has to be at that size and weight. I'll stick to my PicooZ for now.
Brown Shoe is offline Find More Posts by Brown Shoe
Old Jul 24, 2008, 12:53 AM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,075 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Shoe
Too bad it is a coaxial bird but I guess it has to be at that size and weight. I'll stick to my PicooZ for now.
Well apparently it's a 4-channel bird, like a mini-CX2... that's a major step up from the Pico-z... It would have rudder and cyclic control, meaning forward/backward, left/right, and yaw as well as throttle control. That's going to be a lot more fun to fly than the Pico-Z style helicopters, and the DSM2 radio system means I could use it with my DX7 radio!

Way cool... this means I could tweak it like the CX2 to fly the way I want, with a bit of exponential, and rudder->throttle mixing to keep it level in spins... very nice!
Old Jul 24, 2008, 12:57 AM
Northern Cali
Joined Sep 2003
1,317 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmine2501
Well apparently it's a 4-channel bird, like a mini-CX2... that's a major step up from the Pico-z... It would have rudder and cyclic control, meaning forward/backward, left/right, and yaw as well as throttle control. That's going to be a lot more fun to fly than the Pico-Z style helicopters, and the DSM2 radio system means I could use it with my DX7 radio!

Way cool... this means I could tweak it like the CX2 to fly the way I want, with a bit of exponential, and rudder->throttle mixing to keep it level in spins... very nice!
No doubt. I agree with you. I just don't like coax birds. They look too wierd to me. I did not buy a CX2 for that reason. I would like a single rotor bird in that tiny size.

My gosh! You joined a year ago and you have over 3700 posts? Yikes! When do you sleep?
Old Jul 24, 2008, 12:58 AM
Tucson,AZ
Joined Dec 2007
4,368 Posts
looks cool but wish it wasn't a co-ax.
-johnw
johnIn2SonAZ is offline Find More Posts by johnIn2SonAZ
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 24, 2008, 01:00 AM
Northern Cali
Joined Sep 2003
1,317 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnIn2SonAZ
looks cool but wish it wasn't a co-ax.
-johnw
Here here! Someone agrees with me!
Old Jul 24, 2008, 01:06 AM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,075 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Shoe
No doubt. I agree with you. I just don't like coax birds. They look too wierd to me. I did not buy a CX2 for that reason. I would like a single rotor bird in that tiny size.

My gosh! You joined a year ago and you have over 3700 posts? Yikes! When do you sleep?
Single main rotor designs in this size usually have poorly performing tail motors. The Havoc/Picco-Z is a rare exception. I can't say I really like the look of the co-ax helicopters either, but I don't buy things based on looks. I learned a long time ago that how an aircraft looks has almost nothing to do with how it flies, and if a bird flies like crap, it's not going to look good for very long

I type really fast... but you make a good point
Old Jul 24, 2008, 01:06 AM
Tucson,AZ
Joined Dec 2007
4,368 Posts
But i will see if i can carry them!
-johnw
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 24, 2008, 01:07 AM
Tucson,AZ
Joined Dec 2007
4,368 Posts
Quote:
Single main rotor designs in this size usually have poorly performing tail motors. The Havoc/Picco-Z is a rare exception. I can't say I really like the look of the co-ax helicopters either, but I don't buy things based on looks. I learned a long time ago that how an aircraft looks has almost nothing to do with how it flies, and if a bird flies like crap, it's not going to look good for very long

I type really fast... but you make a good point
Have you Flown a Walkera 4#3B V2?
they are awesome!
-johnw.
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 24, 2008, 01:09 AM
Tucson,AZ
Joined Dec 2007
4,368 Posts
wow there is actually a cute girl here on the forum.
-johnw
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 24, 2008, 01:14 AM
Northern Cali
Joined Sep 2003
1,317 Posts
Quote:

True true again! But, I have to like the way a bird looks before I will be interested in it. Just look at the Micro Mosquito! U_G_L_Y!

But, to each his/her own! I did not consider the tail motor. Thanks for pointing that out. I believe Gaui now has a 100 size CP bird. I'll look into it.

~Shoe
Old Jul 24, 2008, 01:15 AM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,075 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnIn2SonAZ
Have you Flown a Walkera 4#3B V2?
they are awesome!
-johnw.
No, but I realize they are not all created equally. There's probably a few electric tail helicopters that are pretty good. My CP Pro isn't too bad with the G110 gyro and direct-drive tail... but the stuff it came with never quite worked right. Can't expect too much from a helicopter in that price range, but the CX2 has always been good. I'm not sure why I bother with the CP Pro anymore, since I've graduated to the Trex and Blade 400. I guess it's just nice to have some different helicopters to fly - still fly my Havoc sometimes too
Old Jul 24, 2008, 01:18 AM
Tucson,AZ
Joined Dec 2007
4,368 Posts
Quote:
No, but I realize they are not all created equally. There's probably a few electric tail helicopters that are pretty good. My CP Pro isn't too bad with the G110 gyro and direct-drive tail... but the stuff it came with never quite worked right. Can't expect too much from a helicopter in that price range, but the CX2 has always been good. I'm not sure why I bother with the CP Pro anymore, since I've graduated to the Trex and Blade 400. I guess it's just nice to have some different helicopters to fly - still fly my Havoc sometimes too
the walkera 4#3B V2 is miles and miles ahead of a havoc 2ch heli. it is a FP Micro 4Ch Heli that flies like a HBK FP!
-johnw
Site Sponsor