Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Apr 2011
1,733 Posts
Taranis and Remote Gain

To save someone some time:

If you want to use the remote gain - here is my setup using a Taranis;

Using SC switch:

SC↑ is RX3S off
SC- stabilization on....with last gain value that was set (when SC↓) - this value is locked in.
SC↓ is Stabilization on and gain is adjustable by S2 (live) - Clockwise increase the gain.

SE (with is my Launch mode) turns stabilization on, SE↑ disengages launch mode and the stabilizer.

EDIT: Curve 5 is a five point curve, zero for all values.

Channel 4 is any channel you are using to feed the RX3S the Gain values.
idletime is offline Find More Posts by idletime
Last edited by idletime; May 22, 2015 at 06:07 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 07:27 AM
Find More Posts by Wema
Austria, Tir., Innsbruck
Joined Dec 2012
62 Posts
Spektrum DX10 setup

After some testing I found me a setup for
- Rate/Hold on switch A
- levelling with sliders P1 for Rate, P2 for Hold
- everthing off with switch A in the middle

system setup
- aircraft type - "wing normal" (not "dual aileron" etc.)

channel assign
- 5 gear > aileron
- 6 aux1 > aux1
- gear > inh
- aux1 > A

mixing
- p-mix1 - P1>ax1, rate 100% 100%, offset 0, switch A pos 0
- p-mix2 - P2>ax1, rate -100% -100%, offset 0, switch A pos 2

Done
Wema is offline Find More Posts by Wema
Old Yesterday, 07:30 AM
Find More Posts by Wema
Austria, Tir., Innsbruck
Joined Dec 2012
62 Posts
compensation direction

There is no distinct connection/pinout table for the RX3SV3 but a common one for V2/V3 so I took this one ignoring the pins the V3 does not offer, using AIL-L/AIL-R for ailerons and leaving empty GEAR and AUX.

The switches seem to be the same, the AUX-switch is not mentioned. Does it do nothing, no function at all?

Setting up the DX10 like reported I can enter RATE-mode and HOLD-mode as wanted, level the amount of compensation with the two sliders, switch to an fro with A and off when the knob in the middle. Rudders twiggle when I move the plane as expected but - bad thing - in the wrong direction. ELEV is ok but RUDDER and AIL go wrong, i.e. turning to the right the rudder does not compensate with a left-turn but inforces the right-turn. Operating the onboard switches does not change anything. How can I overcome this misbehavior?

Thanks Maximilian
Old Yesterday, 10:49 AM
Find More Posts by Wema
Austria, Tir., Innsbruck
Joined Dec 2012
62 Posts
take me by the hand and walk me through

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubtoe View Post
So fella's, with the greatest respect for all your efforts, please, where is the ''take me by the hand and walk me through the steps guide'
Have a look a page one for "Clive Hall has also written a nice doc .... " and follow the link. Was my step into this matter.

Maximilian
Old Yesterday, 11:52 AM
Find More Posts by JohnRB
United States, NC, Raleigh
Joined Oct 2011
992 Posts
The AUX switch is not used by OFS, however it must be in the NOR position if you wish to use any of the serial input modes (CPPM, SPEKTRUM SERIAL, S.BUS or SRXL).

The gain pots work differently with OFS. The center (12 o'clock) position is 0 gain, clockwise from center increases the gain in one directions and counter clockwise from center increases the gain in the other direction. If the correction for an axis is incorrect, move the pot to the same position on the other side of 12 o'clock.

If you are using the programming box then the gain values can be saved in EEPROM and the pots are disabled. Positive values control gain in one direction and negative values control the gain in the other direction.

If you are using a V3 without any hardware modifications then the channel 6 output from the receiver section is factory connected to the AUX input of the stabilizer section. The switches/sliders you have setup in your TX on channel 6 will be used for mode/gain control of the stabilizer.

John

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wema View Post
There is no distinct connection/pinout table for the RX3SV3 but a common one for V2/V3 so I took this one ignoring the pins the V3 does not offer, using AIL-L/AIL-R for ailerons and leaving empty GEAR and AUX.

The switches seem to be the same, the AUX-switch is not mentioned. Does it do nothing, no function at all?

Setting up the DX10 like reported I can enter RATE-mode and HOLD-mode as wanted, level the amount of compensation with the two sliders, switch to an fro with A and off when the knob in the middle. Rudders twiggle when I move the plane as expected but - bad thing - in the wrong direction. ELEV is ok but RUDDER and AIL go wrong, i.e. turning to the right the rudder does not compensate with a left-turn but inforces the right-turn. Operating the onboard switches does not change anything. How can I overcome this misbehavior?

Thanks Maximilian
JohnRB is offline Find More Posts by JohnRB
Old Yesterday, 11:54 AM
Joined Oct 2011
992 Posts
I believe that there are 2 links in the first post pointing to step by step instructions.

John

Quote:
Have a look a page one for "Clive Hall has also written a nice doc .... " and follow the link. Was my step into this matter.

Maximilian
Old Yesterday, 03:48 PM
Find More Posts by Wema
Austria, Tir., Innsbruck
Joined Dec 2012
62 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRB View Post
... The center (12 o'clock) position is 0 gain, clockwise from center increases the gain in one directions and counter clockwise from center increases the gain in the other direction. If the correction for an axis is incorrect, move the pot to the same position on the other side of 12 o'clock.

If you are using the programming box then the gain values can be saved in EEPROM and the pots are disabled. Positive values control gain in one direction and negative values control the gain in the other direction.
Thanks a lot John!!! I could'nt find this information is it missing or did I read the info not really properly???

Channel 6 ist the gain-port, and I use it this way having fitted the one-wire-mod for the 2-aileron use.

Thanks Maximilian

PS: Immediately I tested the direction option and it works amazingly well :-)
Old Yesterday, 04:47 PM
Joined Oct 2011
992 Posts
It is under the section Basic Instructions.

This method works much better than the factory firmware does.

John

Quote:
Thanks a lot John!!! I could'nt find this information is it missing or did I read the info not really properly???

Channel 6 ist the gain-port, and I use it this way having fitted the one-wire-mod for the 2-aileron use.

Thanks Maximilian

PS: Immediately I tested the direction option and it works amazingly well :-)
Old Yesterday, 04:56 PM
Find More Posts by Wema
Austria, Tir., Innsbruck
Joined Dec 2012
62 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRB View Post
It is under the section Basic Instructions.

This method works much better than the factory firmware does.

John
Sorry missed it every time I read this section but did find it now .
Thanks once more and good night - its almost midnight here