New Products Flash Sale
Old May 19, 2015, 04:32 PM
Find More Posts by Silverexpress
Your customer
United States, MI, Berkley
Joined Dec 2009
1,427 Posts
Picked up a Westward 18 a few weeks ago, and am now looking for a better vang for it. Has anyone seen a good idea that might be implemented on this micro yacht?

Also both booms on my model literally cracked in pieces. The plastic used was brittle. I've since replaced both booms with carbon tubes. Works much better now since I went with fuel tubing bands for adjustments - which the originals lacked.

I'm having loads of fun with this little guy. I travel for business, and this boat fits nicely in the backseat of every rental car that I've gotten.

Issues out of the box....
1. Boomvang mount glued on with an offset from the gooseneck.
2. Lack of adjustments for the sails
3. Both booms warped.

1. Boomvang
The Boom Jack or Boom Vang (8 min 5 sec)
Silverexpress is offline Find More Posts by Silverexpress
Last edited by Silverexpress; Jun 08, 2015 at 05:00 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 19, 2015, 07:57 PM
Find More Posts by DaveG
Houston, TX, US
Joined Jun 2000
1,712 Posts
It's size is what attracted me at first. It fits easily in the passenger seat.

I'm planning to sail tomorrow. Conditions are bad for my umx air squadron but good for the Westward.
DaveG is offline Find More Posts by DaveG