HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 13, 2015, 12:57 AM
Greece, Attica, Ellinikon
Joined Jan 2014
633 Posts
No screws. Motor mount just needs pulling out.

Move it a little bit left and right as you pull out.

Do your esc wires have enough length to go inside or is there maybe the esc stuck and does not allow the mount to move back?
giteart is offline Find More Posts by giteart
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 13, 2015, 01:09 PM
Joined Sep 2014
40 Posts
No.. when trying to pull out my motor the c-clip popped off the shaft so the whole motor case came off the armature..

It looks like I might be screwed.. I may need to destroy the motor to get it out now... what a pain...
Tesadorn is offline Find More Posts by Tesadorn
Old Mar 13, 2015, 01:24 PM
Canada, ON, London
Joined May 2011
1,960 Posts
just get one of those thick elastic bands (~ 1/4" wide kind) that are used to mount wings on trainer planes, etc. Or whatever you have around the house.

loop one end around the stator (just behind the windings, but before the back part of the motor bell.

put a slip knot on the ends of the elastic coming out so that it tightens up around the motor behind the stator/windings and use that for leverage.

Failing that, simply (and carefully) split the fuse down the top center with a razor knife, pry it open a tiny bit enough to relieve the pressure fit around the motor mount and pull it out. Replace /fill the cut with some good solid foam glue afterwards.

Personally, I'd go with the rubber band.

Good luck!
J
uberjay is online now Find More Posts by uberjay
Old Mar 13, 2015, 02:34 PM
Joined Sep 2014
40 Posts
Thanks for the tip! Ill try the rubber band before I get crazy.
If not ill just rip the thing out with pliers and call it a loss....
Tesadorn is offline Find More Posts by Tesadorn
Old Mar 13, 2015, 02:40 PM
Canada, ON, London
Joined May 2011
1,960 Posts
you could also, cut thee cylindar of foam off that surrounds the motor bell. A nice clean cut should go back on with glue easily afterwards. Taking that off you can just grab the stator and pull. Just make sure you cut the foam aft of the firewall - ensuring the ridge that holds it in the foam has lots to bite into when you reseat it later.

J
uberjay is online now Find More Posts by uberjay
Old Mar 13, 2015, 06:00 PM
Joined Sep 2012
267 Posts
Anyone used something like this with a 12" prop? the cnc motor mount is supposed to be able to fit a 12" prop, and already have this motor, though not sure which KV it is, might be 800, 1000 or 1200 can't check at the moment in bedroom with a sleeping wife lol.

But used the same set up on skyhunter and it worked great, thinking I could use this with a 5000mah 4s cruising with a very small amount of throttle.

http://www.hobbyking.co.uk/hobbyking...ner_Motor.html
Diwrnach is offline Find More Posts by Diwrnach