HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 24, 2015, 07:11 PM
Joined Aug 2013
17 Posts
Upgrading AR_Drone 2.0 with MiruPCB to DRS022

I've been running DRS021 successfully but wanted to upgrade to DRS022.
I have uploaded the rx2atp.c sketch to MiruPCB but cannot get the pilot022.arm onto the drone. I've tried the USB method without any luck. When I tried the FTP method, I have not had any luck with Windows File Explorer or Filezilla FTP client.
I see the files in Windows Internet Explorer (see attached screen shot) but I cannot change the view to File Explorer to make the file transfer.
When I try Filezilla, I get an initial connection but then it stalls on "waiting for welcome message". (See attached screen shot.)
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
preisedj is offline Find More Posts by preisedj
Last edited by preisedj; Feb 24, 2015 at 07:16 PM. Reason: typos
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 24, 2015, 07:39 PM
Joined Feb 2014
107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rms59 View Post
Glad to help. Try to get a flash drive with LED.

Richard
Thanks Richard.

Good idea about the led, im asuming this will tell if drive is getting power or recording. If i dont have any joy i will tape my Mobius to the outdoor hull for the interim.

Appreciate the help and advice.

Damian
damouav is offline Find More Posts by damouav
Old Feb 24, 2015, 08:20 PM
Vista, CA
Joined Feb 2008
1,379 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by preisedj View Post
I've been running DRS021 successfully but wanted to upgrade to DRS022.
I have uploaded the rx2atp.c sketch to MiruPCB but cannot get the pilot022.arm onto the drone. I've tried the USB method without any luck. When I tried the FTP method, I have not had any luck with Windows File Explorer or Filezilla FTP client.
I see the files in Windows Internet Explorer (see attached screen shot) but I cannot change the view to File Explorer to make the file transfer.
When I try Filezilla, I get an initial connection but then it stalls on "waiting for welcome message". (See attached screen shot.)
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I am out of town, so I can't check for you. Do you know there is another USB method? You put the program on a USB stick, then stick it into the drone. Boot the drone and telnet into it. Check with 'mount' command where the USB stick got mounted and do a 'cp' from the USB stick to the directory /data/video.
miru is offline Find More Posts by miru
Old Feb 24, 2015, 08:52 PM
Electric Flyer
Connecticut, USA
Joined Oct 2003
468 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by damouav View Post
Thanks Richard.

Good idea about the led, im asuming this will tell if drive is getting power or recording. If i dont have any joy i will tape my Mobius to the outdoor hull for the interim.

Appreciate the help and advice.

Damian
Just a last note. Good Luck.

From a USB blog....

"Fast, repeated blinking of a flash drive when it’s first plugged in essentially means it’s going through the first contact of communication with your system; then the light will turn off and be ready for data transfer."

P.S. If not mistaken, I think you need to format it for Fat32 before using.
rms59 is offline Find More Posts by rms59
Old Feb 25, 2015, 12:10 AM
Joined Feb 2014
107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rms59 View Post
Just a last note. Good Luck.

From a USB blog....

"Fast, repeated blinking of a flash drive when itís first plugged in essentially means itís going through the first contact of communication with your system; then the light will turn off and be ready for data transfer."

P.S. If not mistaken, I think you need to format it for Fat32 before using.
To windy to fly in my part of the globe, but did plug a new 16gb flash drive into the drone and got flashing, bell and a whistle... will test before i reformat.

Will test later when the afternoon breeze stops, hopefully soon. Will report back with update.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 08:23 PM
Joined Feb 2014
107 Posts
Thanks Miru and rms59.

All working as described, the new flash drive has done the job. After looking at the Mobius video stream and that of the native AR Drone I will be converting to the Mobius.

On a side note, I was gifted the ARD several years ago and could NEVER get the pathetic wifi to work satisfactory, thus I only flew the ARD about half a a dozen times in three years. Since finally getting around to installing Miru's mod, in the past two days I have flown 4 times, I think that says it all.
Old Feb 26, 2015, 02:54 PM
Joined Aug 2013
17 Posts
Thanks Miru. I got it fixed. It turns out the reason I could not do FTP is because of my Windows 8 machine. I tried it from my Android tablet with FTP client app and was successful the first time. Made several successful test flights an all is well, except for the return to launch function. I need to do a bit more research to make sure the GPS is working properly. Specifically I need to find out if I need the 4.7k resistor in the GPS receive line with the MiruPCB given that my GPS is a 3.3volt type. I know the latest version of the MiruPCB has the 4.7k resistor on the board, but mine is 2 years old.
Old Feb 26, 2015, 02:57 PM
Joined Aug 2013
17 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by miru View Post
I am out of town, so I can't check for you. Do you know there is another USB method? You put the program on a USB stick, then stick it into the drone. Boot the drone and telnet into it. Check with 'mount' command where the USB stick got mounted and do a 'cp' from the USB stick to the directory /data/video.
Thanks Miru. I got it fixed. It turns out the reason I could not do FTP is because of my Windows 8 machine. I tried it from my Android tablet with FTP client app and was successful the first time. Made several successful test flights an all is well, except for the return to launch function. I need to do a bit more research to make sure the GPS is working properly. Specifically I need to find out if I need the 4.7k resistor in the GPS receive line with the MiruPCB given that my GPS is a 3.3volt type. I know the latest version of the MiruPCB has the 4.7k resistor on the board, but mine is 2 years old.
Old Feb 26, 2015, 08:10 PM
Vista, CA
Joined Feb 2008
1,379 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by preisedj View Post
There MiruPCB always had that resistor.
Old Mar 09, 2015, 07:42 AM
Joined Mar 2015
2 Posts
set up the arduino nano with rx2atp.c already tested the setup and the radio receives the command, now and so connect the drone that already work or have to install at2so.c in drone ?? if I have to install .. what procedure ?
hebinho is offline Find More Posts by hebinho
Old Mar 09, 2015, 10:54 AM
Vista, CA
Joined Feb 2008
1,379 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hebinho View Post
set up the arduino nano with rx2atp.c already tested the setup and the radio receives the command, now and so connect the drone that already work or have to install at2so.c in drone ?? if I have to install .. what procedure ?
Please read the README file, it explains how all this works.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 08:47 AM
Joined Mar 2015
2 Posts
Help

as would be the setting when Flaps CH6 is a potentiometer , my radio is a T6EXAP Futaba
hebinho is offline Find More Posts by hebinho
Old Mar 17, 2015, 05:42 PM
Electric Flyer
Connecticut, USA
Joined Oct 2003
468 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hebinho View Post
as would be the setting when Flaps CH6 is a potentiometer , my radio is a T6EXAP Futaba
I also have CH6 flap lever potentiometers (Hitec Optic 6) and it works well. Just set your potentiometer so zero is land, midway would be FM1, and full up would be FM2. You should be fine with that TX.

Richard
rms59 is offline Find More Posts by rms59