HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
This thread is privately moderated by szastoupil, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 09:43 PM
T.R. miller
tr miller's Avatar
USA, WI, Appleton
Joined Nov 2008
589 Posts
October 2012 meeting minutes

The meeting was called to order at 7:04 pm by club president Chris zangl, with 10 members and 1 guest present.


Secretary's report :
Was read and approved.


Treasurers report :
Current membership is at 81. financials were unavailable at the time of the meeting.


Sod farm report :
Is in good shape and is set to close for the season November 15th.

Quarry field report :
The field is in good shape. The sandbox has been removed and pin box relocated. Thanks to Tim, T.R., Tom, Chris, Craig, and Jim.


Old business :
We must use the AMA money or return it.


New business :
A motion was made and approved to move the fun fly to July 28th. A motion was also made to make the old date ( flag day ) a club unsanctioned event possibly a club cookout, this was also approved. Jim donated some of his combat winnings to the club funds, thanks Jim. We will be looking for suggestions on having a standard club shirt to be worn at events. A table fee was suggested and turned down for the show and auction, we will look at this more in the future but for now we will again offer free tables but will consider a charge for vendors. We will however have a donation jar to collect money for field improvements. We will have some pricing for new signage at the next meeting. At the next meeting we will have to decide on events to be held at the fun fly. A motion was made and approved to purchase paver blocks to be dug in and placed under the pilot stations. We will also be looking to replace the current ones with steel and possibly offer station sponsorship to offset the cost. At the next meeting we will be taking nominations for next years club officers, a suggestion was made to have at least one person from the sod farm be a officer. It is time again to look for volunteers for all the work we have to put in for the show in March.

WE NEED EVERY ONE TO FILL OUT THE SURVEY ON RCG (WINTER INDOOR MEETING POLL ) AS FAR AS STARTING THE MEETINGS AT 6PM, WITH APPROVAL WE HOPE TO START THIS IN DECEMBER!!


Meeting was adjourned at 8:17

After the meeting Jim had his newly won GP 88 engine to show, thanks Jim!


Minutes submitted by Tim "T.R." Miller
Valley Aero Modelers Secretary
tr miller is offline Find More Posts by tr miller
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 24, 2012, 11:01 PM
T.R. miller
tr miller's Avatar
USA, WI, Appleton
Joined Nov 2008
589 Posts
November 2012 meeting minutes

The meeting was called to order at 7:05 pm by club president Chris zangl, with 12 members present.

Secretary's report :
Was read and approved.

Treasurers report :
2012 membership was at 82. financial's were read and approved. 2013 membership is now available. cd 4 will be renewed for 1 year.

Sod farm report :
Is now closed for the season.

Quarry field report :
The field is in good shape. T.R. and Tim installed driveway markers for winter plowing.

Old business :
we will keep some of the AMA money for field repairs but most Will be returned.

New business :
Tim and T.R. are in need of volunteers for the show and auction. December will be officer elections, please step up to support the club. We will have a pizza party and bring a snack to pass at the December meeting. We will have pricing for a club shirt at the next meeting. All membership's paid by the March meeting will be in a drawing for $40.00. we will check the availability of the library for a earlier start time and also have several other sites checked on before the next meeting. It was made clear if we find a place to host the meetings we will be starting them at 6:00 pm next year. A motion was made and approved to spend up to $250.00 on new signs for our club events. We will have a lot to cover next month with elections and such, please plan on attending.

Meeting was adjourned at 8:49

Minutes submitted by Tim "T.R." Miller
Valley Aero Modelers Secretary
tr miller is offline Find More Posts by tr miller
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2012, 04:58 PM
T.R. miller
tr miller's Avatar
USA, WI, Appleton
Joined Nov 2008
589 Posts
December 2012

December 2012 meeting minutes

The meeting was called to order at 7:05 pm by club president Chris zangl, with 18 members present.

Secretary's report :
Was read and approved.

Treasurers report :
financals were read and approved. 2013 membership is now available.

Sod farm report :
Closed for the season.

Quarry field report :
The field is in good shape.

Old business :
The show and auction budget was approved.

New business :
A motion was made and approved to hold the next meeting at the Appleton public library, starting at 6:00pm. ( After the meeting several club officers went to look at the library location, it would work good for the meeting but will cost $2.50 to park for the 2 hour meeting. Again we were in search of a better location that was free and we could get in at 6pm. Most locations we checked with wanted $150.00 for use of the rooms. T.R. and Chris ventured to the bar on lynndale and worked out a deal for the up stairs conference room. The room will be provided free of charge, also on a positive note, food and beverage are available for purchase. We feel this location will suit the club needs for a meeting location as well as being more centrally located and easier to access. So with all club officers in agreement we have secured this location for at least the jan and feb meetings and will look for input after the members attending the next meeting have a chance to look around. ) At the show and auction we will offer raffle ticket deals based on number of tickets and not arms length, to be fair on the number of tickets purchased from different people selling them. Before the officer elections were held Tim has stated this WILL be his last year as treasurer, and we will need to get a interested member to start working with him as early as June to be fully trained buy next years elections. please contact Tim if you are interested in this position. Your 2013 elected officers are, Chris will remain as president, Tim (T.R.) will move to vice president, Jim will accept the roll as secretary, and Tim will serve out his last year as treasurer. So in my last post as secretary i would like to say we all hope to see more members at the January meeting at the bar in Appleton on lynndale at 6:00 pm. Link to new meeting location --- meetatthebar.com/appleton_lynndale.html


Meeting was adjourned at 7:50 to eat pizza and snacks
Minutes submitted by Tim "T.R." Miller
Valley Aero Modelers Secretary
tr miller is offline Find More Posts by tr miller
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2013, 10:37 AM
end user
knighttwister's Avatar
USA, WI, Neenah
Joined Feb 2006
1,076 Posts
meeting minutes 1-14-2013

Meeting Minutes January 14 2013



The meeting was called to order at 6:04 P.M. by club president Cris Zangl. It was held at The Bar on off HWY OO in Appleton.
There were 17 members present.

Secretary report: the minutes from the December meeting were read and approved

Treasurerís report and approved: Tim handed out copies of the
financial report
for 2012 which included major expense item such as show and
auction cost and profit, taxes, soda and gas cost, etc

Sod farm report: closed

Quarry field report: FFFF was a good time. It was fun to see ski
planes try to get off the ground wit eight inches of snow powder t
get in the way. Some were able to handle it better than others. The
heli flyers had the greatest margin of success of course
The heater decided to go south for the winter, so we used the gas
grill for a rather large hand warmer
At the time of the meeting we had green grass showing in areas.

Old business: none

New business: We will try to bring our membership up to 100
members for the 2013 season. Hopefully the show and auction can
help us accomplish this.
There is a bulk fuel purchase being planned through Galaxy
Science and Hobbies. Wade will have a sign up sheet there. If we
can get more than nine cases ordered we will save a significant
amount due to lower shipping rates. You are free to call wade at
730-9220
The combat league will be meeting every tuesday at 5:00 P. M. the
There will be a 5.00 dollar participant fee each time.
The activities will commence some time in April. Weather
Permitting

Show and auction:
Flyers were handed out and can be seen at www.flyvam.com.
If you bring a plane to show, you will receive a ticket for a special
drawing for a prize specially select for this purpose. See flyer at
our website.
The sound system was discussed as we had a small issue with it
last year.
More direction signs for the show will be purchased.

Food will be available, and with 150 tables, it will be our biggest
one yet.
Meeting place: we will see if we can get the bar for the rest of the
year.
The meeting was adjourned at 6:41 P.M.
Post meeting activity was a demonstration of a new quad copter
the Cris had brought. For the price, it seem to be something I
would like to try.
submiited by
Jim Van Linn 1-23-2013 10:37 A.M.
Secretary Vam
knighttwister is online now Find More Posts by knighttwister
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2013, 05:01 PM
end user
knighttwister's Avatar
USA, WI, Neenah
Joined Feb 2006
1,076 Posts
feb meeting at the bar in Appleton on lynndale at 6:00 pm tomorrow.
be there to be square.
knighttwister is online now Find More Posts by knighttwister
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2013, 02:12 PM
end user
knighttwister's Avatar
USA, WI, Neenah
Joined Feb 2006
1,076 Posts
Meeting Minutes for 2-11-13

The meeting was called to order at 6:06 P.M. by club president Cris Zangle.
14 members were present.

The Secretary report was read and approved.

The Treasurer report was read and approved. A discussion about a bounced check from a potental member was discussed emediately following the report.
A motion was made to revoke the membership and to charge for the bounced check fees, and was approved.

Quarry Field Report
The field was in "great shape "With the snow providing many differentshapes on the runway and other areas.

Sod farm is closed for the season.

Old business

Club shirts for members to wear for the show and auction so the public would know who to ask for information was disccussed again.
Direction signs were purchased for the event and for future eventsat this location.
It was suggested to put the option of a club shirt on the membership form and add the cost to the membership fee if the box is checked.
A source for the shirts will be looked into.

Tim says we can get into Monarch Gardens the day before the event at 2:00 P. M. to help set up.
Vendors scheduled to attend are Galaxy Science and Hobby, Big Sky Hobbies, Foto Flow Bad Brad Graphics and Mountain Models.
they will be asked to make a donation of wares or cash.
there will be a static model display and one ticket per person will be given the thoes who bring a plane to display. This ticket will be used specifically for a seperate drawing
aprt from the main raffle

Flight simulators will also be needed. if you have one to share, please bring it.
doors open at nine. Clean up will be held after all models are removed from the building.

The fuel is in at galaxy.

New Business

We will confirm the use of The Bar for the rest of the year, and we will turn in the key for the room at the Little Chute library.


We will Make a sign for directions to the meeting upstairs in the bar by the upstairs door.

This is our biggest fund raiser of the year and all members should consider attending to help out.


We are looking at linking our facebook page to our website.

The meeting was adjourne at 7:03 P.M.

Jim Van Linn Scretary
knighttwister is online now Find More Posts by knighttwister
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2013, 10:24 PM
Chris Zangl, VAM President
Boom Strike's Avatar
United States, WI, Appleton
Joined Nov 2004
401 Posts
At the next meeting on the 8th of April, we will be discussing field improvements. On the list are:

1-new generator

2-ladder for plane retrieval and general field mantinance

3-new loading and unloading driveway

4-geo textile material for a small plane runway

5- safty gas cans

6-club logo sign for the pavilion

7-utility cart for mower

And some other small things, so if you are interested in being part of this discussion please come to the next meeting.
Boom Strike is offline Find More Posts by Boom Strike
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2013, 07:24 PM
Scott Zastoupil
szastoupil's Avatar
USA, WI, Waupaca
Joined Aug 2002
1,625 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Strike View Post
At the next meeting on the 8th of April, we will be discussing field improvements. On the list are:

1-new generator

And some other small things, so if you are interested in being part of this discussion please come to the next meeting.
JFYI. Fleet Farm has the Honda 2kW generator at $950 and get a $50 gift card for a limited time. They've had this in the past once or twice a year up to a $100 gift card. It's a fantastic generator with a true inverter (not a cheap stepped sine wave) and is extremely quiet. Premium price for a premium product. The similar Yamaha version may be slightly less in price.
szastoupil is offline Find More Posts by szastoupil
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 08, 2013, 08:02 AM
end user
knighttwister's Avatar
USA, WI, Neenah
Joined Feb 2006
1,076 Posts
Meeting Minutes 3/11/13
The meeting was called to order at 6:06 P.M. by club president Chris Zangl
Segretary report was read and approved
Treasury report was read and approved. Carl Brown donated 200 dollars to the club. Thank you Carl for the donation and all your years of loyal service.
Quarry Field report: the condition of the field is unknown as no one has been there lately. (none that were attending the meeting anyway)
Sod farm report: It is closed for the season.
Old business ; The status of the club shirts is still static as we have not found a supplier.
A link to the club's facebook pace was discussed. Tim Jeske suggested that we look to othe clubsites for ideas.
T R will look into our facebook page management.
The funfly will be held on July 28.
The flag day celebration / fly will include food and fun for members an will be an unsanctioned event.
Combat will begin May 7.
The fuel is in at Galaxy.
New Business: The club has again received the Gold Leader Award From AMA
The club voted to make a donation to the Little Chute Library for all the years we were there.
Clean up day at quarry Fiels is schduled for May 11th and ground school will be held The 18th.
The CAP rep paid us a visit and asked for help in training the people who will be instructing the cadets that take part in the CAP rc training program. Please con tact Jay Strauss for more information if you desire to help out.
Tom Lemieux had been delegated as Field marshall for this year, TR will take the duties as safety officer for Quarry Field and Tom Abindroth will be safety officer for the sod farm.
The meeting was adjourned at 7:13 P.M.
The next meeting will be 6:00 P.M. 4/8/13 at The Bar on Lyndale
Submitted a bit late this month due to minutes being missplaced while moving to my new home by,
Jim Van Linn
Vam Secretary
knighttwister is online now Find More Posts by knighttwister
Last edited by knighttwister; Apr 08, 2013 at 08:21 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old May 07, 2013, 08:16 AM
end user
knighttwister's Avatar
USA, WI, Neenah
Joined Feb 2006
1,076 Posts
Meeting minutes 4-8-13

Meeting was called to order at 6:00 P.M. by club vice president T R Miller
There were 15 members present.

Secretary's report
Was read and approved.

Treasurer's report
The show and auction was another success but fell a bit lower from last year.
There are 67 paid members in the club.
Luke Van Gompel was the lucky forty dollar winner of the drawing for having his membership fees paid before the deadline of March 15.

Sod farm report
The sod farm is not open at the time of this meeting.

Quarry Field report
The parking lot is a mess. we will be taking care of this and other fied improvements at the spring clean up day to be held 5-11-13. Start time is 9;00 A.M.
There is plenty of work to be done, so if you have the time, please give us a hand. Remember, you are part of the club and you will reap the bennifits of your work.

New Business
A reminder that the rules of the fields can be found in the downloads section of our webpage at www.flyvam.com.
Field improvements
We will be taking the sign on the fence down. it has seen it's better days.

Key Dates
5-11-13 is field clean up day. 9:00 A.M to dusk
5-18-13 is our annual gound school for new members and anyone that needs a refresher in site rules or just willing to help out. 9:00 A.M to when it's done.
5-7-13 Combat test and tune. The season starts the following week. We will count the best two nights of each month for each individual for scoring purposes. this is being done for those that work different shifts.
The season will last till the end of September.
7-16-13 We will be having a cook out and easy fly.
7-28 will be our annual fun fly. This will be in place of our flaf day funfly that we will no longer hold.

Quicky 500 was discussed. the is some interest in this and we will find a way to accomodate it.

Mike Stoop will roll the runway again this year, and Jim will not ruin it by mowing when the ground is too wet. He will leave that duty to some other hapless fool.

We are going to be spending some money on projects this year.
We will purchase safety gas cans for storage of fuel. the old cans were no longer trustworthy. They will cost about 50 dollars each. Up to 130 dollars was approved for this. This was approved through motion and approval.
A motion was made and approved to by a Honda generator for 1050.00 dolars to be used by both fields when needed.
A motion was made to spend 300.00 dollars for pavers for the flight station improvements.
A cost of 50 dollars for sod cutting to place the pavers was also approved.
New flight station guards were also approved at the cost of 500 dolars.
A traction poly cart was also approved at the cost of 200 dollars.
Service cost of 50-100 dollars was approved for the lawn mower.
Soda sales are discontinued. The club will no longer provide soda on a daily basis.
A sign for the pavillion was approved
A donation to the AMA for 50.00 dollars was approved. to help them monitor states that will try to control the use of rc aircraft.

TR will try to get into the admin user for facebook.
The frequency of getting the porta ptties cleaned was discussed. we seem to have trouble getting them serviced when needed.
The meeting was adjourned at 8:10
submitted a bit late again'
jim van linn secretary

P.S.
my apologies for the late posting
I believe I have contracted the lazy member syndrome. I hope it passes soon.
knighttwister is online now Find More Posts by knighttwister
Last edited by knighttwister; May 13, 2013 at 06:04 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old May 07, 2013, 01:24 PM
Scott Zastoupil
szastoupil's Avatar
USA, WI, Waupaca
Joined Aug 2002
1,625 Posts
I added the dates of events to the club webpage. I put "to be determined, watch forums" for those that don't have details yet. But dates are posted as placeholders.
szastoupil is offline Find More Posts by szastoupil
Reply With Quote
Old May 07, 2013, 01:25 PM
Scott Zastoupil
szastoupil's Avatar
USA, WI, Waupaca
Joined Aug 2002
1,625 Posts
Someone may want to compile an email distribution for the events in the near future. I.e. Club clean-up and ground school.
szastoupil is offline Find More Posts by szastoupil
Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2013, 05:08 PM
T.R. miller
tr miller's Avatar
USA, WI, Appleton
Joined Nov 2008
589 Posts
Meeting tonight 53 minutes from now!
tr miller is offline Find More Posts by tr miller
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 06, 2013, 05:54 AM
end user
knighttwister's Avatar
USA, WI, Neenah
Joined Feb 2006
1,076 Posts
Meeting Minutes 5/13/2013
The meeting came to order at 6:04 p.m.
The secretary's report was read and approved.
Teasurer's report was read.
At the time of the meeting there are 75 members in the club which is down from 82 last year. we received a thank you from the Ama for our 50.00 dollar contribution. 2165 dollars was spent this year so far for equipment, supplies and services .
Report was approved
Sod farm report
Condition is good
Lease was paid. the porta potty service was switched due to poor service from the prior company. It was chained and anchored
Quarry Field report.
The field improvements were made and look very nice. There is however more work to be done. gravel needs to be moved, the gas grill needs an ignition system, pavillion screws need replacing, the wooden shed needs work, dirt needs to be spread out and bug spray needs to be applied.
Thanks to Joe for donating two work tables.
New business
The fun fly date has been changed to June 9th
Tim is checking on a sign for the pavillion.
Ground scool set for 5/18 9:00 A.M.saturday morning
4H demo saturday morning At Stephansville park. 9:00 A.M. - 9:45 A.M.
CAP June 1st at Quarry Field.
Heli fly in 27 July
The 28th fun fly
Adjourned 6:45
Jim Van Linn secretary.
knighttwister is online now Find More Posts by knighttwister
Last edited by knighttwister; Jun 06, 2013 at 08:04 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 06, 2013, 05:55 AM
end user
knighttwister's Avatar
USA, WI, Neenah
Joined Feb 2006
1,076 Posts
I think we need a new secretary.
I don't seem to be able to keep up, and the club is beginning to suffer because of it.
Any volunteers?
knighttwister is online now Find More Posts by knighttwister
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools