HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 18, 2014, 10:22 AM
Joined Jul 2012
5 Posts
1700 mm Corsair motor problem

Hi Guys I have a 1700 mm Corsair that I bought a yea ago and haven't flown yet for several reasons but I'm trying to get it flight ready now. I have the manual but it doesn't give any bind instructions. I have it all working but the motor won't spin. Are there any tricks to binding the esc? I didn't have the UBEC plugged initially but do now. The motor twitches with a tone after binding but stops once I move the throttle.
I've also blown 2 servos for the rear retracts during set up. Not sure what's going on there either.
I'm anxious to get her in the air now. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Jeremy
jdharwood is offline Find More Posts by jdharwood
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 18, 2014, 10:51 AM
Joined Jan 2011
365 Posts
Sounds like you need to calbrate the ESC. If You have the ESC manual, it should be in there. You power up the ESC, move your throttle to full, power the transmitter, wait for 2 beeps,move throttle to off, wait for another beep. Hope this helps.
warbirdfan2 is online now Find More Posts by warbirdfan2
Old Aug 19, 2014, 01:24 AM
United States, IL, Cypress
Joined Sep 2013
31 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdharwood View Post
Hi Guys I have a 1700 mm Corsair that I bought a yea ago and haven't flown yet for several reasons but I'm trying to get it flight ready now. I have the manual but it doesn't give any bind instructions. I have it all working but the motor won't spin. Are there any tricks to binding the esc? I didn't have the UBEC plugged initially but do now. The motor twitches with a tone after binding but stops once I move the throttle.
I've also blown 2 servos for the rear retracts during set up. Not sure what's going on there either.
I'm anxious to get her in the air now. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Jeremy
Turn on your radio. Make sure its set to your plane. Advance your throttle to maximum. Now, plug battery in on your plane. Wait just a few seconds and you will hear two beeps, as soon as you hear those beeps move your throttle back to minimum position. Wait maybe up to a minute, you will hear the ESC beep six times (assuming six cell battery) and play the go fly music and you should be good. Make sure for safety reasons you DO NOT HAVE YOUR PROP INSTALLED when doing this.
benjack71 is offline Find More Posts by benjack71