SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
View Poll Results: Have you built a balsa plane from a kit in the last 12 months?
Yes 392 75.82%
No 125 24.18%
Voters: 517. You may not vote on this poll

Old Mar 08, 2013, 10:05 PM
United States, SC, Columbia
Joined May 2010
1,362 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murocflyer View Post
It is great to see some many people still building. I certainly do enjoy building. Some people build to fly, I fly so I can build. Just wish I had more time and money to devote to buying kits and building them.

And I should note if anyone is interested in helping others in their locale build planes, we have a resource that can help instructors and students meet up. More info located here.

Frank
Bookmarked, thanks, Frank. I'm not a great builder but I am competent with my limited tools and resources.

I really do like flying CL more than building, but I am learning how to build a plane to fly right. And CL being what it is, I call it controlled panic with my fast 1/2As, you're always one flight away from needing to start a new build.
RknRusty is offline Find More Posts by RknRusty
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 09, 2013, 09:38 AM
Promoting Model Aviation...
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Nov 2005
24,956 Posts
You are welcome. Believe it or not, we do not have any volunteers in your state yet.

Frank
Murocflyer is online now Find More Posts by Murocflyer
Old Mar 09, 2013, 09:44 AM
Stop scaring my donkey!
Greenland
Joined Mar 2012
8,194 Posts
Frank, does one have to reside in a state to volunteer? With cell/phone sevive, e mail and apple talk it seems anything is better than nothing.
JohnathanSwift is offline Find More Posts by JohnathanSwift
Old Mar 09, 2013, 10:34 PM
Joined Nov 2005
24,956 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnathanSwift View Post
Frank, does one have to reside in a state to volunteer? With cell/phone sevive, e mail and apple talk it seems anything is better than nothing.
Yea, you make a great point. I guess one does not have to and if they volunteer I can state that in their pop up box. Although having someone local is definitely a benefit.

How do you think I can make that work on the map?

Frank
Old Mar 10, 2013, 01:03 AM
Stop scaring my donkey!
Greenland
Joined Mar 2012
8,194 Posts
Got me!
Old Mar 10, 2013, 06:39 AM
Airplane crasher
USA, CT, Shelton
Joined Jan 2008
2,732 Posts
Frank pinn me on the map for South Western CT. I enjoy building and I used to do a build class at the Local Hobby Town until they cancled due to a lack of people coming in
CapMike is offline Find More Posts by CapMike
Old Mar 11, 2013, 09:28 AM
Joined Nov 2005
24,956 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapMike View Post
Frank pinn me on the map for South Western CT. I enjoy building and I used to do a build class at the Local Hobby Town until they cancled due to a lack of people coming in
You got it Mike! Thanks for volunteering!

Frank
Old Mar 11, 2013, 09:32 AM
Stop scaring my donkey!
Greenland
Joined Mar 2012
8,194 Posts
If you can figure out the pin thing, I'll be happy to be a virtual volunteer in another state!
Old Mar 11, 2013, 09:37 AM
Joined Nov 2005
24,956 Posts
The only thing I can think of is listing your phone number in your text box and state that you can provide advice over the phone to anyone, anywhere, and the provide the time frame when you are available to do that. That is the best I can come up with.

Thoughts?

Frank
Old Mar 11, 2013, 09:39 AM
Stop scaring my donkey!
Greenland
Joined Mar 2012
8,194 Posts
Quote:
The only thing I can think of is listing your phone number in your text box and state that you can provide advice over the phone to anyone, anywhere, and the provide the time frame when you are available to do that. That is the best I can come up with.

Thoughts?

Frank
Geez, Frank, I have not had a thought in years!

I'll volunteer in any capacity for my birth state, Mississippi!
Old Mar 11, 2013, 06:29 PM
United States, IL, Joliet
Joined Jun 2009
3,407 Posts
Hey Frank you have me already on wattflyers but you can list me from RCG also. joe or road king 97
cracksmeup is offline Find More Posts by cracksmeup
Old Mar 11, 2013, 07:43 PM
United States, CA, Corona
Joined Oct 2012
511 Posts
Started my second CG anniversary addition cub last night. My first CG cub was an original kit i got from a friends dad that was probably as old as i am. This one is new stock from tower hobbies this will be a fun build i have a lot of fun ideas for it.
Watts cooking is online now Find More Posts by Watts cooking
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 11, 2013, 08:55 PM
Joined Nov 2005
24,956 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnathanSwift View Post
Geez, Frank, I have not had a thought in years!

I'll volunteer in any capacity for my birth state, Mississippi!
Awesome! Just let me know what town you are in and I will get you added to our map. And if you want to do the phone or text help, let me know your phone number as well.

Thanks for volunteering!

Frank
Old Mar 11, 2013, 08:58 PM
Joined Nov 2005
24,956 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cracksmeup View Post
Hey Frank you have me already on wattflyers but you can list me from RCG also. joe or road king 97
Got you down for both Joe. Thanks!

On a side note, sure is hard to get any volunteers on Wattflyer. I had maybe 6 people. And I think there is about 100 regulars posting on that forum and all are electric flight pilots. I don't get it. I thought the majority of folks posting there would want to help out.

Frank
Old Mar 11, 2013, 09:01 PM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,389 Posts
Quote:
Got you down for both Joe. Thanks!

On a side note, sure is hard to get any volunteers on Wattflyer. I had maybe 6 people. And I think there is about 100 regulars posting on that forum and all are electric flight pilots. I don't get it. I thought the majority of folks posting there would want to help out.

Frank
You know, for some reason I just don't read that site any more. I used to go there a lot, but I don't any more. I have no reason why...
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501