HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 18, 2014, 05:03 AM
bps
Indianapolis, IN
Joined Apr 2001
817 Posts
I added carbon fiber rod to reinforce the taileron structure on the fuse. This seemed to help a lot along with the new kit mods. I also mass balanced the tailerons by adding a steel rod to the leading edge of each taileron. I have a flying buddy that has a stock F16 and my jet is much more stable and solid in flight than his is.
bps is online now Find More Posts by bps
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 18, 2014, 06:07 PM
ks5p3r
United States, CA, Fullerton
Joined May 2013
310 Posts
Thanks all for your help,I ordered some Servo grommets,CF,but what size bushings do i get for the Elevon.
vondetour is offline Find More Posts by vondetour
Old Sep 18, 2014, 09:03 PM
ks5p3r
United States, CA, Fullerton
Joined May 2013
310 Posts
TR2N, Ich bin beeindruckt und große Build.
vondetour is offline Find More Posts by vondetour
Old Sep 19, 2014, 08:38 AM
United States, CA, Manteca
Joined Mar 2013
627 Posts
I used some grommets from a std size servo. They were left over parts that came with the servo I had. I believe that there are other suggestions in this thread earlier for other ideas such as wheel grommets also. This was originally recommended to me here and has worked pretty good.
sr175 is online now Find More Posts by sr175
Old Sep 19, 2014, 02:31 PM
Big gov never Works
Skunk Water, Rhode Island
Joined Jul 2002
12,327 Posts
Robart scale wheel bearings. Nylon.

Fuzz
St. Martin is online now Find More Posts by St. Martin
Old Yesterday, 08:04 AM
Da' Cajun
Lake Charles, Louisiana
Joined Jun 2009
2,869 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by St. Martin View Post
I'm currently flying mine on the EVO, ARC 28-37-2, on 3s 2200. 35A/360W. Down from 500W on a 4W and 5s-2000. Top speed not as high, but realistic verticals as high as you can go. 3.5oz lower AUW. With the exhaust opened to 58mm, static thrust is high. And there is no substitute for static thrust than more area (FSA) and low weight.

I'm currently doing my third "16". And this one will be even lighter with more foam mods and silk-span and Mod-Podge finish. Post more pics when I get some assembly done.

Fuzz

Here's a tease...
OMG!! Foam Fuzz??!

...this can only portend the coming zombie apocalypse.

J
Boogie_ is offline Find More Posts by Boogie_
Old Yesterday, 08:42 AM
lake orion mi
Joined Sep 2002
975 Posts
Fuzz ..could you please show your mods and the way you use the parts you mentioned.Thanks Joe
mistairjoe is online now Find More Posts by mistairjoe
Old Yesterday, 12:35 PM
Joined Feb 2012
21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vondetour View Post
thanks dpowellmeii i was going to go with donsrc.So I emailed him and he sent me this link.http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1673281

Wicked 4800 motor,EDO Type 2 fan unit and I want them to balance it.This should get my going and I hope hobby people has one more sale because i know i want more speed later.
I have received this set 3 days ago and it is much better than the stock setup! Nice sound and also a noticeable push in speed. Yesterday was Maiden and and I have flown 15 packs. You will like it, for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vondetour View Post
TR2N, Ich bin beeindruckt und große Build.
Wut? :-)
TR2N is online now Find More Posts by TR2N
Old Yesterday, 04:41 PM
Big gov never Works
Skunk Water, Rhode Island
Joined Jul 2002
12,327 Posts
Hey...my favorite "coon-ass"! Hi Julian, hope your well. You know how it is. Were builders. It's almost un-godly to just throw a foamie together. Joe, I'll post a bunch of pics. This will be under 30oz, 430W, Mega /3, Mini Pro rotor, 4s-2200, running in a Phase3 Squall 70mm shroud. Fits the fuselage like a glove.

The shroud has 8 stators. Nice sound. Just need to get to the assembled point. May just start a thread that can apply to all foamies.

Fuzz
St. Martin is online now Find More Posts by St. Martin