HorizonHobby.com Shop our Airplanes Products Shop our Surface Products
Old Apr 19, 2015, 12:45 AM
Find More Posts by kenkaku107
Joined Mar 2015
4 Posts
Question
Connection from CC3D to a Turnigy Rx?

Hello RCGroups multirotor builders, I need some help with my first 250 Quad build, if you could spare the time. I ordered a 250 kit that included the Open Pilot CC3D FC, and an Turnigy 9X V.2 Tx and a few extra 8ch Rx's. I began to set up my CC3D FC through the GCS wizard, which went well with the motor/ESC's responding as expected.

The problem that I am currently facing is the physical (wired) connection between the CC3D and the Rx (which is bound). I have done some research and there seems to be a number of ways in which the actual (main port) wires are connected to the Rx. It also doesn't help that the wires connecting to the pin input are different colors than those listed on Open Pilot's webpage.

So, I was wondering if any of you could help me with the proper plug order in regards to the receiver? I have gotten a lot of conflicting information so far. Thanks in advance.
kenkaku107 is offline Find More Posts by kenkaku107
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 19, 2015, 02:06 AM
Find More Posts by showtime240
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Dec 2010
114 Posts
Congrats on the purchase,
just plug in each of the single signal wires in no particulair order into your receiver
Then go to the transmitter wizard IN GCS. It will automatically assign throttle, elev, etc etc through the wizard.
showtime240 is offline Find More Posts by showtime240
Old Apr 19, 2015, 01:38 PM
Joined Mar 2015
4 Posts
Unfortunately, I have tried to do just that. I can't get past the "throttle" assignment (the first thing you do after designating the Tx's mode). It doesn't seem to be registering my Tx stick movements.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 04:07 AM
Find More Posts by Rook62
Team Crash
United States, CA, Manteca
Joined Apr 2014
4,226 Posts
Can you post screen shots of your settings in GCS. What receiver are you using? Is it PWM, PPM or Sbus? What cable are you using and where on the flight controller is it plugged in? The colors of the wires don't matter after the one that goes in position #1 which has the red, black and white or whatever color the signal wire is. Picture of your setup will be helpful too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenkaku107 View Post
Unfortunately, I have tried to do just that. I can't get past the "throttle" assignment (the first thing you do after designating the Tx's mode). It doesn't seem to be registering my Tx stick movements.
Rook62 is offline Find More Posts by Rook62
Old Apr 20, 2015, 06:48 AM
Joined Mar 2015
4 Posts
Actually, just got it sorted out. Thanks anyways.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 08:14 AM
Find More Posts by exnihilo
Joined Dec 2014
315 Posts
I simply plugged mine in order. The only difference I've seen is that the flight control channel on mine is now 6.
exnihilo is offline Find More Posts by exnihilo
Old Jan 13, 2016, 10:09 PM
Find More Posts by iiapoxii
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined Jul 2015
14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenkaku107 View Post
Actually, just got it sorted out. Thanks anyways.
I know this old, but im having the same problem. What did you do to resolve this?
iiapoxii is offline Find More Posts by iiapoxii