WingWing Z84 (5 min 12 sec)
Cyclone Steve is online now Find More Posts by Cyclone Steve
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 06, 2015, 08:20 PM
Find More Posts by rickou812
United States, FL, Marianna
Joined Jul 2015
7 Posts
Will this wing support a HK Pulsejet? lol, oops, I was actually looking at the Sonic 64 EDF wing for this question.
rickou812 is offline Find More Posts by rickou812
Last edited by rickou812; Aug 06, 2015 at 08:49 PM.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 07:42 AM
Find More Posts by Too Many Toys
Team WarpSquad [ L ] Learner
Australia, VIC, Eurobin
Joined Jul 2014
750 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluem6 View Post
~
~ most importantly will it work with my Taranis X9D or Turnigy 9X (orange module)? HK state that you need a 4ch with elevons mixing which I have no idea.....any info. would greatly be appreciated. Thanks.
Bluem6 The Taranis will work great, both myself and a mate use one and are
very happy, we've even set fancy mixing for extra stuff.
Elevon mixing is for aircraft that only have Ailerons (no Tail) control surfaces,
it mixes the Elevator and Aileron signal to allow the Ailerons to do both jobs.
The Taranis will do all of this for you automatically when selected while making a
new model. Go to Youtube and search R. Scott Page, he has dozens
of videos on the Taranis and what stuff does.
Too Many Toys is offline Find More Posts by Too Many Toys
Last edited by Too Many Toys; Aug 21, 2015 at 08:03 AM.
Old Aug 22, 2015, 07:55 AM
Find More Posts by Too Many Toys
Team WarpSquad [ L ] Learner
Australia, VIC, Eurobin
Joined Jul 2014
750 Posts
Z-84 Wing Wing Bungee Launch it works a treat !

I thought I'd share this it's brilliant, no more trips to hospital from hand launches that went wrong
or smashed up WW because you missed the sticks while fumbling to get your balance.
Z-84, Wing Wing, Bungee Launch (3 min 31 sec)

TMT
Too Many Toys is offline Find More Posts by Too Many Toys
Old Aug 26, 2015, 12:31 AM
Find More Posts by Sefu
Joined Apr 2015
9 Posts
Endurance z-84

Hi all,

It has been a while since I posted. The last post I reached 1 hour flight time with the NCR18650B 3400mah batteries in 3s config drawing about 2.5-3A at cruise (35-40kph) and ~25% throttle.

Since then I tried a 4s set up with 2200mah compact zippy. I was very impressed that with a cruising current avg of about 0.8A and 15% throttle (35-40kpa). Sometimes it spiked to to 1.5A and went to 0A while loitering.

In manual flight I was able to keep it in the air with about 0.5A. I will run my endurance flight and see if i can improve on 1 hour soon but the 4s is looking very impressive.

I also painted it black and will need to add some visual markers on the wing tips to help with working out orientation when in the sky.
Sefu is offline Find More Posts by Sefu
Old Aug 26, 2015, 01:33 AM
Find More Posts by devinvagt
United States, CA, Ukiah
Joined Jan 2011
271 Posts
With a couple of different flight controllers, I am getting pitch oscillation when I go into a dive. I had the same issue with the larger version of this plane, the fx61 phantom. The cg is right near the factory spec. Anyone have a fix for this? The only thing that has worked for me is to disable the flight controller.
Thanks.
devinvagt is offline Find More Posts by devinvagt
Old Aug 26, 2015, 09:01 AM
Find More Posts by piollo
I wish I could fly...
Spain
Joined Nov 2007
32 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sefu View Post
Hi all,

It has been a while since I posted. The last post I reached 1 hour flight time with the NCR18650B 3400mah batteries in 3s config drawing about 2.5-3A at cruise (35-40kph) and ~25% throttle.

Since then I tried a 4s set up with 2200mah compact zippy. I was very impressed that with a cruising current avg of about 0.8A and 15% throttle (35-40kpa). Sometimes it spiked to to 1.5A and went to 0A while loitering.

In manual flight I was able to keep it in the air with about 0.5A. I will run my endurance flight and see if i can improve on 1 hour soon but the 4s is looking very impressive.

I also painted it black and will need to add some visual markers on the wing tips to help with working out orientation when in the sky.
Hi,
Could you post motor and prop used?

Regards
piollo is online now Find More Posts by piollo
Old Aug 26, 2015, 05:00 PM
Find More Posts by Sefu
Joined Apr 2015
9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by piollo View Post
Hi,
Could you post motor and prop used?

Regards
The motor is a 2206-2150KV V2 Multistar "baby beast" which it certainly is. I use a 6x6 prop from hobbyking and 12A afro esc. Top speed is 118kph at 16A and cruise is 40kph and 0.8A average. I need to do more testing to confirm the low amps. I feel its so low the current sensor is not as accurate in that range.

Just did a 20 minute autonomous flight before work and use 397mah (from the mission planner) , but i need to confirm that after a charge to see how much mah actually goes back in.

Still need to tune the throttle control for auto, it is very erratic and that's not efficient.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 05:45 AM
Find More Posts by Sefu
Joined Apr 2015
9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sefu View Post
The motor is a 2206-2150KV V2 Multistar "baby beast" which it certainly is. I use a 6x6 prop from hobbyking and 12A afro esc. Top speed is 118kph at 16A and cruise is 40kph and 0.8A average. I need to do more testing to confirm the low amps. I feel its so low the current sensor is not as accurate in that range.

Just did a 20 minute autonomous flight before work and use 397mah (from the mission planner) , but i need to confirm that after a charge to see how much mah actually goes back in.

Still need to tune the throttle control for auto, it is very erratic and that's not efficient.
Hmmm so it turns out the current sensor may be off. 806mah was put back into the battery. Still pretty good for 20 min.