New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Esprit Model, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 27, 2014, 01:34 AM
Find More Posts by pvogel
Team JetiUSA
Santa Clara, CA
Joined Nov 2008
1,090 Posts
Correction! 9303.
pvogel is offline Find More Posts by pvogel
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 27, 2014, 07:49 AM
Find More Posts by Snowflake6515
Michael
United States, ME, Wells
Joined May 2008
1,398 Posts
Spektrum Bridge: Incremental Approach?

I built a Jeti to Spektrum bridge using a DM9 Spektrum module (several approaches, search the group.) This allows me to fly the BNF HH models that either (1) are not easily converted to Jeti (e.g., ultra micro...) or (2) don't yet have the budget for the Jeti equipment.

This way, you can incrementally convert the fleet without having to spend the full $2K (your estimate) all upfront.

Michael
Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype3a View Post
I started with a Futaba 9CAPS and then switched to a x9303. A few years ago, I sold that radio and upgraded to the x9503 for what amounts to about $50. To this day, I believe the x9503 is the best spektrum radio ever made. Currently, I see absolutely no reason to switch to any newer radio system. The only thing my x9503 lacks is battery capacity based alarms, and to a certain extent, I have that now with my JetiBox Profi. So, the only thing I need now are Mezon ESCs in sizes and ratings not currently offered.

While I do know a few people who have 'upgraded' to a new radio almost every year, most of the pilots I know have been using the same JR/Spektrum radio as long as I've known them.

Sure, I'd love to have a DS-14 or DS-16 but for me, as I said earlier, it would be an investment of about $2k to buy the radio AND switch all my Spektrum equipped models to Jeti.
Snowflake6515 is online now Find More Posts by Snowflake6515
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 09, 2015, 10:30 AM
Find More Posts by Enterprise7
Huckin around the Shire
USA, NH, Manchester
Joined Jun 2010
2,312 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esprit Model View Post
Will be from 5A up to 300A, Jeti will be implementing telemetry in the future to the whole new line of ESCs, but different projects need to be finished first.

Zb/Jeti USA
Any update on new ESCs? I am working on transitioning my fleet over to Mezons, but the gap in the small and large is still there.
Enterprise7 is online now Find More Posts by Enterprise7
Old Jul 06, 2015, 10:23 PM
Find More Posts by sawacs
Joined Feb 2005
41 Posts
I have not read this entire thread so I am not sure if this idea has been posted before but here goes!

The back side of he tx where the tx rubber bumpers blend with the metal backplate can be a little slippery. I thought it would be nice if some kind of textured grip material were placed there.

My solution to this is to remove the backplate and the two rubber bumpers and spray the plate with truck bedliner. The bedliner goes on great and will look like a factory job.

Cheers,

Shawn
sawacs is offline Find More Posts by sawacs
Old Jul 08, 2015, 10:35 AM
Find More Posts by ncrego
United States, NH, Nottingham
Joined Aug 2002
1,103 Posts
Something I'd really like to see in a future update I being able to have the Ds16 read off the current time. It's got the clock, and if I could assign a switch to read it off, it would be ideal. When I fly I usually don't have all day, and if I'm flying something that stays in the air for 20+ minutes I don't like taking my eyes off the plane to look at the time.
ncrego is online now Find More Posts by ncrego