New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 14, 2015, 08:29 AM
Find More Posts by Adakar
Chile, Araucania, Temuco
Joined Apr 2015
24 Posts
yes the axles The plastic ones are better.
Do you have the instructions to program de ESC?
I change the forward reverse to forward brake reverse, but now loose the electric cut at low voltage.

Cheers
Adakar is offline Find More Posts by Adakar
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 14, 2015, 11:23 AM
Find More Posts by NoLimitRC
I have a degree in crashing!
United Arab Emirates
Joined Dec 2014
909 Posts
I use a small lipo metre to stop it at 3.6V.....
Much safer as not all of these cars have a low voltage cutoff....
NoLimitRC is offline Find More Posts by NoLimitRC
Old Jul 20, 2015, 09:56 AM
Find More Posts by hangtheman
Kid at heart..
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Apr 2014
591 Posts
Free items - Lots of spur gears and rear hubs for L9x9 cars

claimed.
hangtheman is online now Find More Posts by hangtheman
Last edited by hangtheman; Jul 21, 2015 at 06:49 AM.
Old Jul 22, 2015, 02:50 PM
Chile, Araucania, Temuco
Joined Apr 2015
24 Posts
Anyone have the l202 manual???
I really need to know how to use the ESC program buton
Please Help
Old Jul 22, 2015, 03:53 PM
Chile, Araucania, Temuco
Joined Apr 2015
24 Posts
Ok
I found 1 manual not wltoys but works

Hope can help anyone who have troubles with the brushless ESC

Cheers
Old Jul 22, 2015, 05:35 PM
Find More Posts by gazd123
Joined Jul 2015
2 Posts
Does the Receiver on L959 buggy have a built in ESC or is this a different part? My buggy has died after going through some water , ive ordered a new receiver box
gazd123 is offline Find More Posts by gazd123
Old Jul 22, 2015, 05:48 PM
Kid at heart..
Joined Apr 2014
591 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gazd123 View Post
Does the Receiver on L959 buggy have a built in ESC or is this a different part? My buggy has died after going through some water , ive ordered a new receiver box
It is an all in one unit.
Old Jul 22, 2015, 10:30 PM
Chile, Araucania, Temuco
Joined Apr 2015
24 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLimitRC View Post
I use a small lipo metre to stop it at 3.6V.....
Much safer as not all of these cars have a low voltage cutoff....

Try program de ESC have 5 options diferent voltages I set the cut off in 4 volts
Old Jul 27, 2015, 04:30 AM
Find More Posts by Nels996
Canada, ON, Brampton
Joined Jul 2015
2 Posts
New Guy

Hello,

I'm new to this forum and to the RC world. I picked up a pair of LiteHawk Blasts for my son and I. We've been having a lot of fun with them.

I've read every post in this thread and amazed with the amount of information provided here. We were a little disappointed with how quickly the rear tires wore out and the short run time the cars had. Thanks to this thread and a little research we were able to resolve those issues. Now we're moving on to the next change.

Has anyone competed in a RC race with L959 or the Blast? My son is interested in racing RC's and I think this car has potential.

Nels
Nels996 is offline Find More Posts by Nels996
Old Jul 27, 2015, 01:23 PM
Chile, Araucania, Temuco
Joined Apr 2015
24 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nels996 View Post
Hello,

I'm new to this forum and to the RC world. I picked up a pair of LiteHawk Blasts for my son and I. We've been having a lot of fun with them.

I've read every post in this thread and amazed with the amount of information provided here. We were a little disappointed with how quickly the rear tires wore out and the short run time the cars had. Thanks to this thread and a little research we were able to resolve those issues. Now we're moving on to the next change.

Has anyone competed in a RC race with L959 or the Blast? My son is interested in racing RC's and I think this car has potential.

Nels
Hi Welcome to the world of RC

This models are very good to practice and learn
I have 2 to play with my son and make many mods to them

Are just toys.... not for competition
You can learn a lot with them but real competitions have rules about size, weight, models, etc
And believe me the difference is huge. I have some tamiyas and a kyosho nitro, is a world of difference
Use them to have fun with your son and learn about the RC World

Cheers
Old Jul 28, 2015, 09:01 PM
Find More Posts by Nels996
Canada, ON, Brampton
Joined Jul 2015
2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adakar View Post
Hi Welcome to the world of RC

This models are very good to practice and learn
I have 2 to play with my son and make many mods to them

Are just toys.... not for competition
You can learn a lot with them but real competitions have rules about size, weight, models, etc
And believe me the difference is huge. I have some tamiyas and a kyosho nitro, is a world of difference
Use them to have fun with your son and learn about the RC World

Cheers
Adakar,

I appreciate the input.

We're currently practice with them as well having fun. Also learning car control and set ups.

We have a couple of RC race tracks around here and in the 2wd class, all the competitors use the same type of car. (similar to a spec series) We're considering trying the Blast 1st to be different and 2nd with the amount a stock and after market parts available I think it would be a good challenge (IMO)

We're several mounts to a year or more away before that happens, but we'll have fun trying.

Nels
Nels996 is offline Find More Posts by Nels996
Old Jul 31, 2015, 06:56 AM
Find More Posts by ashsys
QuadcopterFun
Joined May 2014
156 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanHS View Post
If you want brushless speed and power, then buy a car that was meant to be brushless. I know I keep recommending HobbyKing stuff, but I haven't found better deals anywhere else. You can get the Hobby King Turnigy Brushless 1/16 4wd buggy ready to run for $90, and it blows the L9x9 cars out of the water in every way, yet costs less than an L959. Or the Quanum Vandal for $120. That's less expensive than an L202, yet it's 4wd, bigger, far more powerful, and very durable. I have the Vandal XL with 135mm tires on it, it's so much more powerful, durable, and upgradeable. Sometimes if you buy the almost ready to run car and the radio system separately, it's even cheaper.
You prefer Quanum Vandal over L202 ? i have seen some run video , Even though l202 is just 2wd its so insane fast. Whereas for Quanum Vandal i see reported problems and says it breaks more easily and the motor is smaller rating than that of l202 ?
ashsys is offline Find More Posts by ashsys
Old Jul 31, 2015, 10:26 AM
Kid at heart..
Joined Apr 2014
591 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashsys View Post
You prefer Quanum Vandal over L202 ? i have seen some run video , Even though l202 is just 2wd its so insane fast. Whereas for Quanum Vandal i see reported problems and says it breaks more easily and the motor is smaller rating than that of l202 ?

I have both, there is absolutely no comparison to the Vandal. The Vandal will beat the L202 in almost every category. The speed of the L202 is useless since it cannot put the power to the ground efficiently. BTW, my Vandal with a 3500kv motor is faster than the L202 and puts the power down to all four wheels so it grips like glue and takes a street corner at full speed like its on rails.

Between the two, I would never ever consider the L202 over the Vandal.

The Vandal is a true hobby grade car with standard parts. The L202/L959 is not. For example, you can't upgrade the servo in the L202/L959, its uses proprietary servo. There is also no servo saver. The suspension is a joke. The L959 comes with plastic dog-bones. You cannot upgrade esc, it uses proprietary esc. You can't change receivers/transmitters, since its an all on one unit. You are limited to the small battery that fits into its compartment. The shocks are not oil filled and has no dampening. The front tires are not standard hex, so you can't change to different tires, and the stock tires SUCK! The quality and durability is a night and day difference between the Vandal and L202.

As for breaking, I don't know what you have heard about the Vandal, but the only time it broke on me was going full speed into a light pole and broke the a arms. This would happen on any rc car hitting a metal light pole at full speed. The L202/L959 on the other hand, breaks on its own because it is not designed for brushless power. In side the gear box, all the gears are PLASTIC and strips on me way about after 5 runs. And yes, I do run my cars hard. I got so fed up with it I got rid of all 4 of my L202/L959/L969/L979 cars. Matter of fact, a few posts up you can see I was giving away a bunch of new spur gears that had purchased because they keep on stripping. I got fed up changing them out that I just got rid of the cars instead.

To add insult to injury, the L202 is also much more expensive than the Vandal, which is crazy!..
Last edited by hangtheman; Jul 31, 2015 at 10:39 AM.
Old Aug 01, 2015, 11:18 PM
Find More Posts by DanHS
United States, NY, Suffolk County
Joined Feb 2015
20 Posts
Vandal is definitely a way better deal than the L202. The Vandal is fast, it has a good layout and with the right tires, it gets great traction. I have the XL version, which is basically a couple small changes and 120mm tires. I put on really knobby 135mm tires and metal hexes, which are definitely too big and should have broken something by now. However the only thing I've broken is the spoiler and bent a few dogbones, because the Vandal has enough power on a good 2S pack to pop wheelies, and with these 135mm tires, it does backflips sometimes. I'm still not sure how I bent the dogbones, but I straightened them out and they haven't bent again or broken yet. I bought spares anyway. I've launched my Vandal off stuff and had it doing cartwheels tumbling across the ground, and it just drives away. My only complaint is that the motor gets hot, even with the fan I added it still gets hot because it doesn't get enough airflow. If you want a fast durable car, the Vandal is a really good choice.

That said, I still drive my L969 the most. I take it to the beach all the time, with a little work to seal up the gearbox, I can drive in the sand without worrying about sand getting into the gears, something that is a problem with the Vandal's exposed pinion and spur gears. I need to find a better way to cool the L969's ESC and motor though, driving in the sand is hard and makes it get pretty hot, so I have to take a break every five minutes or so to let the ESC and motor cool. I've had my L969 since January and only replaced the spur gear and pinion once, and that was really because the screws on the motor came loose and the spur gear got chewed up. Take care of your L9x9 car, install some oil filled shocks, buy some better batteries, and enjoy it for what it is. Just don't bother with the L202, upgrade to a better car altogether.
DanHS is offline Find More Posts by DanHS
Last edited by DanHS; Aug 01, 2015 at 11:47 PM.