Old Jul 26, 2015, 08:25 AM
Find More Posts by SlowJeff
Taranis Soarus Wrecks
United States, MO, Richmond
Joined Apr 2015
1,372 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Don View Post
If you look close, neither my Wilga or Yak is 'perfect'. However, I'm relatively sure they don't have PhD candidates assembling them or on quality control...

The fuselage on my original Wilga was so warped that it never would have flown properly, if at all! Luckily I purchased it from Amazon so the return and replacement was quick and easy!

Overall though, you do get a pretty decent plane for under a hundred bucks!

Don
In my personal opinion, one of the best bargains out there - although I haven't tried a Wilga.

I'm thinking the Hobbyking Pitts Special may be another great bargain.
SlowJeff is offline Find More Posts by SlowJeff
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 26, 2015, 11:48 AM
Find More Posts by HGhost
Eye in the Sky
United States, WV
Joined Sep 2013
2,696 Posts
Yeah the EasySky products are great...and cheap.....even with little in-perfections they are great.
HGhost is offline Find More Posts by HGhost
Old Jul 27, 2015, 08:47 AM
Taranis Soarus Wrecks
Joined Apr 2015
1,372 Posts
How much throw do you have on your flaps? Do you find that you need them, or is it just the Cool factor?
Old Jul 27, 2015, 11:51 AM
Find More Posts by Late99
Finland
Joined Aug 2013
271 Posts
Flaps - totally depends on what is your purpose to use them. I've got take off flaps and landing flaps dialed in.

Takeoff flaps use only small amount of throw. Something like 15 DigitalDon mentioned. This will increase lift of the wing and enable you to fly slower without stalling.

For me landing flaps use full throw (without servo binding). The purpose is to slow down plane and thus enable steeper glide for landing. Easier to hit the exact landing spot and land in smaller area. Example pics of my landing flap throws are earlier in this thread.

To efficiently use flaps you need to mix some down elevator when using them. Otherwise your Yak will balloon / climb when you deploy them.

And you can very easily fly Yak without flaps. But like DigitalDon mentioned take off flaps help to fly little slower (his indoor venue) and also landing flaps will help you to hit landing spot better as the plane has more drag and you can use steeper glide angle.
Late99 is online now Find More Posts by Late99
Old Jul 27, 2015, 12:11 PM
Taranis Soarus Wrecks
Joined Apr 2015
1,372 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Late99 View Post
Flaps - totally depends on what is your purpose to use them. I've got take off flaps and landing flaps dialed in.

Takeoff flaps use only small amount of throw. Something like 15 DigitalDon mentioned. This will increase lift of the wing and enable you to fly slower without stalling.

For me landing flaps use full throw (without servo binding). The purpose is to slow down plane and thus enable steeper glide for landing. Easier to hit the exact landing spot and land in smaller area. Example pics of my landing flap throws are earlier in this thread.

To efficiently use flaps you need to mix some down elevator when using them. Otherwise your Yak will balloon / climb when you deploy them.

And you can very easily fly Yak without flaps. But like DigitalDon mentioned take off flaps help to fly little slower (his indoor venue) and also landing flaps will help you to hit landing spot better as the plane has more drag and you can use steeper glide angle.
Thanks. Very useful pics in your earlier post. I bookmarked it.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 12:15 PM
Eye in the Sky
United States, WV
Joined Sep 2013
2,696 Posts
My Grey/Yellow Yak does not have flaps....the White /Blue one does.

And a note here, I contacted AMains because i noticed on their site that the Grey/Yellow Yak shows Clearance ....so i asked them as they have just started selling the EasySky products

They said that , yes the Clearance items were being discontinued.....

Ponders the question to Why they are discontinuing that color scheme Yak ? ( it is rare and harder to find )

They have not been selling EasySky very long, wonder why discontinuing so fast is beyond me
Old Jul 27, 2015, 12:27 PM
Taranis Soarus Wrecks
Joined Apr 2015
1,372 Posts
Is Amain new, or did I just find out about them? (From you...)

If they're new, maybe they're feeling their way around.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 12:42 PM
Eye in the Sky
United States, WV
Joined Sep 2013
2,696 Posts
They have been around since 2004.....rather new
they use to be called A Main Hobbies.....now it is just AMains

here is the about Them page
http://www.amain.com/about-us/i32
Old Jul 28, 2015, 09:13 PM
Eye in the Sky
United States, WV
Joined Sep 2013
2,696 Posts
Crashed New Yak.....broke cowl and prop, and knocked motor mount loose from foam. Other than that , not even a dent.

Took Off , went straight nose up and then straight nose down....

Have a SAFE RX in it....bench testing all surfaces were Ok, had to put a servo reverser on the ailerons they were backwards....then realized the Motor would not work.

Got advice to plug battery first and then plug up the SAFE Rx...worked fine.....

at the field everything worked but elevator was backwards ? Thought I could simply go stick backwards just to see if it would fly.....NO GO....

SAFE works a certain way evidently and even trying to use the stick backwards ended up in that nose up and then nose down crash

I just had to try...lol