New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 16, 2015, 12:19 PM
Find More Posts by ogg2000
Joined Jun 2013
32 Posts
OK thanks - I guess I'll just have to experiment, and buy a cheap laptop otherwise it will be a long process.

I have another question, please. I have Input 7 set up as the input to enable 'I Adjust Heading Lock'. The default values for all axes are 0.000 - is the Heading lock function always inactive at the default? If I set the values to 0.01 as suggested in the manual and send to the gyro, when I read it back the values are back at 0.000. Is this working correctly?

The saved text file shows these values:

RTIgainX : 0.01
RTIgainY : 0.01
RTIgainZ : 0.01

Firmware version 3.41

Dave
ogg2000 is offline Find More Posts by ogg2000
Last edited by ogg2000; Jun 16, 2015 at 01:40 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 20, 2015, 04:42 PM
Find More Posts by smassel
Joined Nov 2011
4 Posts
GreatPlanes F1 Rocket Maiden w/ Ice-man Gyro

Just recorded the maiden flight of the F1 Rocket with the Ice-Man gyro (and Bluelight-tech isolation switch) today. Check it out:
GreatPlanes F1 Rocket Evo Maiden Flight (9 min 56 sec)

Flies very well. I'm using the gyro really more as a controller here, but its good to have it for take-off and to switch it on as needed in windy conditions for extra stability.
It comes in very fast, but room for improvement on the landings!

Gyro gains set to:
Pitch (x): 4.3
Roll: (y): 4.7
Yaw: (z) 8.4

Steve
smassel is offline Find More Posts by smassel
Old Jun 21, 2015, 06:33 AM
Find More Posts by IceManPro
Manufacturer
Joined Sep 2012
308 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ogg2000 View Post
.. when I read it back the values are back at 0.000. Is this working correctly?

Dave
This sounds right, since you're not setting the I value as a fixed static value (as you would if you did this from the Prof1 tab page). It is only set temporarily. Note also that it will be reset back to 0 when the sticks are moved away from central, unless you use the special firmware v3.5 which removes this resetting for the yaw. (See a previous post on this forum on this subject)
IceManPro is offline Find More Posts by IceManPro
Old Jun 21, 2015, 06:47 AM
Find More Posts by IceManPro
Manufacturer
Joined Sep 2012
308 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by smassel View Post
Just recorded the maiden flight of the F1 Rocket with the Ice-Man gyro (and Bluelight-tech isolation switch) today.

Steve
Looks good. Could try some flaperons to slow down the landing speed..
IceManPro is offline Find More Posts by IceManPro
Old Jun 22, 2015, 03:07 AM
Find More Posts by jaccies
The Netherlands, LI, Venray
Joined Dec 2008
1,460 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by smassel View Post
Just recorded the maiden flight of the F1 Rocket with the Ice-Man gyro (and Bluelight-tech isolation switch) today. Check it out:
https://youtu.be/xWuu8y0YWN4
Flies very well. I'm using the gyro really more as a controller here, but its good to have it for take-off and to switch it on as needed in windy conditions for extra stability.
It comes in very fast, but room for improvement on the landings!

Gyro gains set to:
Pitch (x): 4.3
Roll: (y): 4.7
Yaw: (z) 8.4

Steve
Steve you coming in much to fast , slow down earlier
jaccies is offline Find More Posts by jaccies
Old Jun 23, 2015, 11:41 AM
Find More Posts by ogg2000
Joined Jun 2013
32 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceManPro View Post
This sounds right, since you're not setting the I value as a fixed static value (as you would if you did this from the Prof1 tab page). It is only set temporarily. Note also that it will be reset back to 0 when the sticks are moved away from central, unless you use the special firmware v3.5 which removes this resetting for the yaw. (See a previous post on this forum on this subject)
Ok thanks for the reply

Dave
ogg2000 is offline Find More Posts by ogg2000
Old Jun 23, 2015, 11:43 AM
Find More Posts by smassel
Joined Nov 2011
4 Posts
Yes, I need to come in slower. Didn't want to come in too slow on the Maiden flight, but will try to slow it down from further out.
smassel is offline Find More Posts by smassel