SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 30, 2015, 03:30 PM
Find More Posts by shonmac
United States, NJ, Dunellen
Joined Aug 2014
930 Posts
My plane flew great for a while . Now it's just a pitchy mess. When I lower the throttle in flight the plane just pitches up . Like it wants to do 3D hovering.
shonmac is online now Find More Posts by shonmac
to remove ads between posts
Old May 30, 2015, 03:57 PM
Find More Posts by skylane42
USA, MI, Portage
Joined Sep 2003
892 Posts
FMS skylane manual

Here is the manual I got from FMS.. I just picked up a Airfield Sky Trainer 182. Old version, no flaps etc. Some of the parts may not be interchangable. The Airfield I got did not have the wing mount screws. I took a screw out of my FMS and it is much bigger.

Anyway, the manual is attached. It is set up kind of wierd but you`ll figure it out.
skylane42 is online now Find More Posts by skylane42
Old May 30, 2015, 04:00 PM
USA, MI, Portage
Joined Sep 2003
892 Posts
Ok, posting the manual is out of the way... I need some parts for my AirField Sky Trainer 182. If you know where I might get them or any info like size etc. I would appreciate it..

Need Wing rod that joins the wing halves, spinner and prop, wing hold down screws.

thanks
Old May 30, 2015, 04:46 PM
Find More Posts by stoopidmonkey
Flight Risk AMA # 986105
United States, UT, Cedar City
Joined Oct 2011
1,083 Posts
That is the V1 skytrainer. Good luck finding the spinner or the prop, I used a apc 12x9E prop on mine with out the spinner, do you have the retaining nut and washer?
I flew mine with out the spinner from day one because it was drilled off center from the factory.
You can go to your local hobby shop and find carbon-fiber tube to replace the wing tube. When you pick up your props.
I used drywall screws to hold my wings down after the factory screws bent.
I have a lot of flight, repair, and upgrade videos on the V1 here...

https://www.youtube.com/user/seansmp420/videos

If you want to sell it let me know I will buy it, I have been looking for a V1 skytrainer that is not beat up
stoopidmonkey is online now Find More Posts by stoopidmonkey
Last edited by stoopidmonkey; May 30, 2015 at 05:02 PM.
Old May 30, 2015, 07:05 PM
Find More Posts by Rightfly
I use EXPO and Senior Rates
United States, MI, Custer
Joined Jan 2010
300 Posts
Hi Skylane!

You can get wing hold screws that fit the version 1 Airfield Cessna from Hobby Zone. They are 3MM X 25 MM screws same as used on the ParkZone Corsair. I bought a set a couple months ago for mine. Its their part# PKZ4621 for 0.99 for 2. Kind of expensive but I located another fastener supplier that has a huge amount of screws.

Take a look at RTLFasteners.com

Good luck on getting yours ready for flight and StoopidMonkey is the resident expert on the version 1 model. Glad to see he is still watching this thread.

Roger
Rightfly is offline Find More Posts by Rightfly
Last edited by Rightfly; May 30, 2015 at 07:53 PM. Reason: spelling
Old Jun 01, 2015, 03:24 PM
USA, MI, Portage
Joined Sep 2003
892 Posts
I ordered the prop mount and 3 blade 11x6 and spinner from the FMS 182. I picked up some 3mmx25mm screws but they only go into the plane mounts about 3/16 of an inch. I don`t think that is enough grab. Sould have got the 30mm ones. Next time at the hobby store I will pick some up.
I could not find the correct carbon rod size so I bought some 1/4 inch dowel and reinforced the center 4 inches by casing it with some brass tube. If someone could mic the correct wing rod that would halp.. I think it is like 27mm diameter, just a tad over 1/4 inch.
Old Jun 14, 2015, 11:25 AM
Find More Posts by TwistedGrin
Yes it was Abby Normal
Joined May 2012
3,058 Posts
Due to recent weather, rain, water, flooding in DFW area....I had not been able to fly for nearly 6weeks. As soon as our local field was ready for the "Light Weight" R/C aircraft....I took a couple of my smaller models out for practice.

Took the FMS Sky Trainer for some relaxed flying and touch-n-go stick time.....nearly forgot how smooth this bird can fly.....even in tricky 5-15mph winds. Possible as long as the winds stay primarily on the nose down our club strip. The nose landing gear on my V2 is holding up nicely even on our very hilly bumpy grass field that was ravaged by a "Bovine Infestation" in January then completely under water for a week recently.

Really like shooting touch-n-go's with this bird....

TwistedGrin
TwistedGrin is online now Find More Posts by TwistedGrin
Old Jun 14, 2015, 11:38 AM
USA, MI, Portage
Joined Sep 2003
892 Posts
Got my first test flight on my used Airfield Skytrainer V1 yesterday. I did forget to bring on of the wing struts but went ahead anyway. I am currently using a 1/4 wood dowl with a 4 inch piece of brass tubing at the center fro reinforcement. She sure is a slow floater. Because of the missing wing struts I did not push hard at all. Going to make for a great trainer aircraft. The prop adaptor and prop I got from Motion are not the same as the original V1. They fit and work but the prop hub on the 3 blade is thicker that the original. So the replacement parts for the FMS SkyTrainer are not the same as I got. There is a gap (18 inch) between the back of the prop and the spinner backplate. The prop does not sit against the notch for it in the backplate.
Old Jun 14, 2015, 11:42 AM
Joined Aug 2014
930 Posts
I need to order new props from motionrc. My prop snapped into two pieces during a grass landing.
Old Jun 14, 2015, 12:06 PM
USA, MI, Portage
Joined Sep 2003
892 Posts
you looking for the original 2 blade or new 3 blade. If 3 blade you will need to order the prop adaptor and spinner too.
Old Jun 14, 2015, 01:35 PM
Joined Aug 2014
930 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skylane42 View Post
you looking for the original 2 blade or new 3 blade. If 3 blade you will need to order the prop adaptor and spinner too.
Yeah I need the 3 blade and all the attachments.
Old Jun 27, 2015, 07:22 AM
Find More Posts by ssan
United States, OH
Joined May 2010
64 Posts
have one for sale here

hey guys.. have the FMS 55" cessna for sale if anyone is interested pm me..
will be a good spare to have
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2440825
also the brake arrangement is shown in this thread post #4598.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...7#post28826198
Ssan
ssan is offline Find More Posts by ssan
Old Jun 30, 2015, 06:54 PM
Find More Posts by mrdd54
United States, IL, New Lenox
Joined Jan 2012
543 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skylane42 View Post
Ok, posting the manual is out of the way... I need some parts for my AirField Sky Trainer 182. If you know where I might get them or any info like size etc. I would appreciate it..

Need Wing rod that joins the wing halves, spinner and prop, wing hold down screws.

thanks

MotionRC.com
mrdd54 is offline Find More Posts by mrdd54