Old Mar 08, 2015, 10:47 PM
Find More Posts by RocketRobin
Fox 1
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined Jan 2013
724 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexpretadorGT View Post
Your little P40 is fast, I would love to add it to my collection of fast P40 s lol.
The UM P-40 has been discontinued for some time.
Perhaps Turbopv will part with his?

Cheers!
Rocket
RocketRobin is offline Find More Posts by RocketRobin
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 09, 2015, 03:04 AM
Find More Posts by schuey19
Australia, NSW, Forest Hill
Joined Sep 2013
194 Posts
Maybe discontinued, but a few places still have stock, I got one at Christmas. Granted, I'm in Aus, but sure you would find one over there.
schuey19 is online now Find More Posts by schuey19
Old Mar 09, 2015, 07:45 AM
Find More Posts by pops57
Austin TEXAS area
Joined Apr 2008
381 Posts
They still show up in the RC Groups classifieds here regularly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by schuey19 View Post
Maybe discontinued, but a few places still have stock, I got one at Christmas. Granted, I'm in Aus, but sure you would find one over there.
pops57 is offline Find More Posts by pops57
Old Mar 10, 2015, 06:10 PM
Find More Posts by mattman0182
Joined Apr 2013
171 Posts
Beautiful plane.

But other than that not much going for it.

That being said I love mine.

I have spare wings and props. Maybe I should get other parts while i can.
mattman0182 is offline Find More Posts by mattman0182
Old Mar 10, 2015, 08:27 PM
Find More Posts by ApexpretadorGT
United States, FL, Fort Lauderdale
Joined Nov 2014
1,294 Posts
It's on amazon if anyone wants one
ApexpretadorGT is offline Find More Posts by ApexpretadorGT
Old Apr 13, 2015, 06:02 AM
Find More Posts by Speedy Gonzales
Joined Nov 2012
185 Posts
E flite 45 c

My hyperions 180 started to faint a little bit (or was it the Bravo SX?) so I was looking for batteries.

Wanted to order Miniaviations but this paypal thing and me... You know, you have a credit card that is outdated, you enter a new one, then you have to feed your account with some euros and something messes in between, After what you check on your bank account mini wire transfers then you come back and...

Well, all I wanted was flying so I ended up ordering from a local French site four eflite 45c quickly received. Also bought a skyrc lipo charger to connect to my 7 amp lead battery on the field so I could charge the lipos without checking for similar discharge levels etc...

All in all I took all that stuff to the field this week-end and was first a little bit disappointed.

Very limited extra grunt compared to my old hyperions so I started to suspect a fainting motor. However it was windy and turbulent. So After 12 flights I went home and reserved my opinion.

Yesterday I spent three hours on the field, two of them actually flying, so that was 18 lipos and each lipo being cycled 4 or 5 times.

Weather was much better and the lipos probably started breaking in . Nothing like amazing or breathtaking performance but quite solid flights with easy loops the first minutes and obligation to dive somewhat in the last minutes of flight. However one of the four lipos is clearly subpar compared to the others.

Much happier indeed even if there was nothing close to the videos with the -15 motor.

What is nice with the whole set is that you can actually, with a little inexpensive plane and cheap lipos, fly the whole day. Not sure I would recommend that with the stock motor due to limited life span but the Bravo SX is still there. I am always questioning myself on the point of swapping in favor of the Banggood motor I have in stock but I find it always difficult to justify modifying something that works.

Grateful I am gaining so much stick time for so little money. And, apart of that, all people at the field after lurking those very nice 100+ km/h airplanes come to me after landing and say, so cute! flies so nicely! three gyros! so cheap!

Beginners are specially interested because such small aircrafts reduces the fear of crash and hurting others. And I very much feel the same. Where I fly there is a lot of football players and kids and nothing is organized as it is in a club, and each time I see a mega ship crash I keep saying, thanks God, no one killed today.

However not a beginner plane. My kids are still not involved in RC flying, too afraid to destroy dad's toys... Strongly considering a Sport Cub S.... But this PT 17 is so cute. And the Pitts so sexy...

Damn it!
Speedy Gonzales is offline Find More Posts by Speedy Gonzales
Old Apr 13, 2015, 11:48 AM
Find More Posts by jdwolters
Fly, be free! (splat)
United States, CA, Danville
Joined Jan 2008
1,491 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy Gonzales View Post
However not a beginner plane. My kids are still not involved in RC flying, too afraid to destroy dad's toys... Strongly considering a Sport Cub S.... But this PT 17 is so cute. And the Pitts so sexy...

Damn it!
I agree - I want both!
jdwolters is offline Find More Posts by jdwolters
Old Apr 16, 2015, 04:44 PM
Find More Posts by Peter Phillipps
Australia, Lord Howe Island
Joined Dec 2004
260 Posts
Kittyhawk v Corsair

Lovin my Kittyhawk as well, as has been reported here she has a few issues.

Been flying mine with the new Corsair square tipped prop alongside my Corsair.
I find it a bit frustrating that the Kittyhawk looks so nice but doesn't fly anywhere near as good as the Corsair.

So I now have a rule to preserve her (out of production now) only passes, zoom climbs and the odd roll, she doesn't loop well at all unless I do a near ballistic full power dive and pull her into the loop nice and slow on the elevator.

Have been flying these two one after the other same conditions same batteries
and my Corsair is the new AS3X version, chalk and cheese as far as how they fly!
Peter Phillipps is online now Find More Posts by Peter Phillipps
Old Apr 16, 2015, 05:59 PM
Joined Sep 2013
194 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Phillipps View Post
Lovin my Kittyhawk as well, as has been reported here she has a few issues.

Been flying mine with the new Corsair square tipped prop alongside my Corsair.
I find it a bit frustrating that the Kittyhawk looks so nice but doesn't fly anywhere near as good as the Corsair.

So I now have a rule to preserve her (out of production now) only passes, zoom climbs and the odd roll, she doesn't loop well at all unless I do a near ballistic full power dive and pull her into the loop nice and slow on the elevator.

Have been flying these two one after the other same conditions same batteries
and my Corsair is the new AS3X version, chalk and cheese as far as how they fly!
In the exact same boat there Peter, though I also have the longer 23mm AS3Xtra motor installed. I have it flying beautifully, providing I keep forward speed up. It looks sensational, and I just love flying exactly as you described, or wheels on and touch and goes off the street. Have a 20% rudder to aileron mix also, but still input rudder more if required in turns. Battery is also installed in nose not under wing.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 07:43 AM
Find More Posts by w4yn
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Jan 2007
1,317 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdwolters View Post
I agree - I want both!
Have had Pitts since last fall, great plane, flies on rails.
Just ordered the PT-17, owned FS back in 60's so looking forward to bring back memories.
Tim
w4yn is offline Find More Posts by w4yn
Old Apr 25, 2015, 10:59 PM
Find More Posts by rccraze
United States, VA, Herndon
Joined Jul 2012
262 Posts
Tried the battery in the newly made hole in the from fuselage as suggested in the thread, and wow! CG is actually a little further forward than the recommended in the manual now, but it is now flying like it is on the rails. I need to try the 112x90 3 bladed prop (EFLUP112903B ) next to see the performance increase.
rccraze is offline Find More Posts by rccraze
Old Apr 26, 2015, 06:46 AM
Joined Sep 2013
194 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rccraze View Post
Tried the battery in the newly made hole in the from fuselage as suggested in the thread, and wow! CG is actually a little further forward than the recommended in the manual now, but it is now flying like it is on the rails. I need to try the 112x90 3 bladed prop (EFLUP112903B ) next to see the performance increase.
A few dollars for that prop is worth it. Not enormously different, but snough to improve the flying characteristics.